Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

We also need to remember that BigAnt is trying to build a franchise for DBC. Not each iteration should be expected to be a Graphical overhaul.
As long as they keep adding meaningful gameplay features, on top of the solid base of DBC14, and every 3rd or 4th edition there is a Major overhaul, I am sold.
From the evidence so far (although its still little), I am seeing that. Enhanced Career Mode, Team Based Career, Stadium Creator, Better Bowling, Better Graphical fluency these alone justify DBC17, IMO.

Yes, there are tons of wishlist items we want to see, but lets constructively engage BigAnt so they could prioritize the features for the next version.

Just watched the latest video.

Actually very impressed ! Looks so much smoother both graphically and game play wise. Shots look smooth as do the bowling actions. Big up on that fielding ! That's a touch of class. Also dynamic teams sounds great. Will there be injuries?

Also nice job on the overlay. I like that ur team colours are reflected on the score strip. Much nicer overall look and feel to the atmosphere too.

Crowd looks fantastic too. I actually felt the buzz while watching that video. Nice crisp lighting.

Looks like almost like a completely new game to me. (You know what I mean)

Top work @BigAntStudios ! Please keep providing patches where needed next year !! God bless.

Ps. Different grass types for fields would be the cherry on top.

Just watched the latest video.

Actually very impressed ! Looks so much smoother both graphically and game play wise. Shots look smooth as do the bowling actions. Big up on that fielding ! That's a touch of class. Also dynamic teams sounds great. Will there be injuries?

Also nice job on the overlay. I like that ur team colours are reflected on the score strip. Much nicer overall look and feel to the atmosphere too.

Crowd looks fantastic too. I actually felt the buzz while watching that video. Nice crisp lighting.

Looks like almost like a completely new game to me. (You know what I mean)

Top work @BigAntStudios ! Please keep providing patches where needed next year !! God bless.

and what about comentry ?? looks to me bad ..overall they game looks awesome am going to pre order as soon it showz on steam ..

At first I thought @Dutch was being rude but now I see it. Some guys here have a very twisted perspective of their position with respect to the game and lack common sense at best. You guys are acting like a old man with a cup of coffee pointing at things you don't like and ranting for the sake of expressing your emotion. Well if you could not understand what constructive criticism means or if you lack the basic cognitive ability to understand very straightforward answers BA has given to most of your concerns, then hey do the social media a favor and just stay away from it.

@LittleBigPlanet...what are you even on about? Manager mode? Yeah they wanted to try that at first but decided to give the career mode more depth first. And comparing Gta, Cod to a cricket game? What crap?! I seriously expected a much sensible post from you mate. Just look at your post and tell me how that is going to help the game? It is nothing but a bunch of sentences filled with your disappointment. I really hope you can realise the difference and post better.

To everyone else, don't you like cricket? Don't you like a cricket game? Isn't that why you are here? Shouldn't the fact that BA has been involving with us here and implemented so much of what we had asked for make you feel happy? I agree DBC14 wasn't perfect and DBC17 doesn't seem so either. But it has come a long way and to be frank, the elements of the game that needs serious attention aren't even game breaking and it is my strong feeling that with constructive criticism and ideas from the community, BA would be able to better all that, most of them with patch or a DLC even.

I wish people here saw DBC as something that belongs to each of them and together help the developer bring out the best of it. Rome wasn't built in one night and the same stands for DBC. We have an amazing opportunity to help shape a legacy, a game that the world will talk about in the future. So fellow PC mates, please understand that this is a forum, a community, and it thrives on us being able to post constructively and contribute to the bigger cause.

P.S. @BigAntStudios Although I stand by all your decisions and as obvious as it is that you are more experienced that me, I felt that there could have been a teaser or a bunch of screenshots to go with the World Premiere. Maybe in a few days perhaps? Just my suggestion.

Here we see the slow mo which Ross mentioned for catches and there's one for fielding as well..

Untitled.png

At first I thought
P.S. [USER=119558]@BigAntStudios
Although I stand by all your decisions and as obvious as it is that you are more experienced that me, I felt that there could have been a teaser or a bunch of screenshots to go with the World Premiere. Maybe in a few days perhaps? Just my suggestion.[/USER]

If there is one place where BigAnt or their publisher need improvement,IMO, is this area. Although the premiere is a great initiative locally, the rest of the world should not be left hanging and looking for tidbits. A full feature list and a trailer accompanying the premiere? That would be awesome.

About the commentary, yeah I feel it has not been done right. BUT, it would be a lot better if only one of them speaks for a single ball. The problem seems to be with them both repeating the same thing or describing the same event, thus feeling off. Although, the voices themselves are good I guess, especially James, and their lines too except for the bad phrases such as "Heading for a car park" which could rather be replaced with "That's a huge wide". Commentary had a great sense of context too. So it's my opinion that letting them speak one after the other, as if taking turns to describe each ball (almost like in real cricket), would directly solve the problem here.

On the Basis of the Couple of Gameplay videos , It seems that BA went all out to fix most of the irritations and implement a lot of the suggestions in this version .

The Details on the presentation side , overlays , Manhatten Graphs etc. are top notch , and will make this a more deeper experience than 14 .

Lets not also forget the great Additions vs the DBC14 Variant namely :

• Stadium Creator
  • Player and Equipment Sharing across all Platforms
  • Much deeper Career
The above (3) factors alone warrants a new version in itself , so everything else just adds to the Value factor.

The Graphics department looks as if there was not that big a focus on , as if they first wanted to get the "Gameplay is King" box ticked off .

Perhaps the Mo Cap facility will sort all the weird looking graphics out in the future .

The great looking Graphics will hopefully come with the next version .

It seems it was more a fine tuning of the existing Engine , than a overhaul , but that tends to be the way towards perfection .

Keep up the Great Stuff Big Ant Studios !!!

Last edited:
Okay, now I was looking into the discussed issue of fielders reacting late to misfields or a catch. The late reaction to misfields, I suppose, are due to user input. But the fielder who catches seemed to have a big delay. So I looked up DBC14 cause I thought the delay was much lesser. I then realised that the fielder in DBC14 used to tumble a lot and come to a pause and then celebrate while in DBC17 they are right in their position and have a solid base which is amazing. This makes the delay seem longer.

I have a suggestion for this though, usually the person who catches an easy catch would just walk to the group normally with a smile and the one who takes a hard catch would celebrate relatively more. Thus, it could help if the fielder who catches it does not celebrate with his hands up and instead just runs in towards his teammates while leaving the jumping, punching the air celebration to hard, diving catches. This should make the delay more invisible I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1477504816][/DOUBLEPOST]And exclusively for those who are 'disappointed' that BA didn't include more bowling animations: MattW seems to have told Twistie that they had just now got the motion capture studio and we could look forward to such additions later one, i.e. the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread