Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

One more negative point thats all bowlers look same style of bowling, is there any difference in batting/bowling styles?

Even i know BA will bring the best they can in dbc17 but can u tell if any points which i mentioned are facts or just negative.

Every single post you make is asking when something is going to be added, or why something is missing, or when an update is coming. It gets old quickly. It's incredible you still want the game based on everything that is supposedly wrong with it.

Is there anything you saw in the videos so far that you liked? Updated hud, updated crowd, light up stumps. I find it hard to believe you can continuously point out flaws without finding a single positive.

No @mani82ua They are plain negative. If you saw the videos plenty of times its mentioned they now have their own mo-cap studio. They did not have previously so no there are no batting or bowling style. Read/Watch carefully before saying one more negative point. The only negative point is that you have not read what they have said. I am pretty sure BigAnt would not be involving communites going ahead. They should just act like those professional EA kind of companies. Just make money money money.
Duh, we have been spoilt by BigAnt. I can't even think of going back to the EA days.

I dont know why ppl read only those posts in which i mentioned any critics instead they must read those as well where i appreciated BA studios for their great work.

I am very much sure they know these things and will give the best game. Thanks BA studios for bringing the cricket game for us which EA failed to do so.

Watched the videos and I am happy.

I still play DBC 14 a couple of times a weeks and from the videos I can see that the game is an improvement on the already excellent previous version that is good enough for me. Considering the size of Big Ant it is phenomenal what they have achieved with the cricket games.

Look forward to buying it in December!

Kudos BA team ! for taking your own game to the next level.

Read the positive comments on this blog and must say the finer points generates more excitement.

For eg the Tracking of objectives ....

441a2a1d-71db-40f1-b9ed-f2c6d2521ba3
441a2a1d-71db-40f1-b9ed-f2c6d2521ba3
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-26 at 9.30.15 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-26 at 9.24.48 AM (1).jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-10-26 at 9.30.15 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-10-26 at 9.30.15 AM.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi i notice there was talk about release date for around dec 15th in this video for xbox but there was no talk on the pc release
anyone able to clear up this?

@aabretz - It will hit worldwide the same day as per my understanding. If it releases on 15th it will be then released on Steam the same day

Thanks Big Ant. It looks like an awesome game. The only problem I see is that the commentary looks dull. Otherwise looks like a good game.:yes

It's difficult to judge the game over a few t5 games. Yes the keeper dived about a little too much and some of the tandem fielding was unnecessary at times, but at least it's there and the over tandeming could have been down to field placing.
I like the overlays, especially the bowler selection screen.
There are plenty of things still to uncover and I haven't seen anything to put me off.
Improvements in the fundamental cricketing sense are there and subsequent patches hopefully sort out the polish.
Any news on Pre order for other territories?

To those complaining about commentary, what do you expect? At the end of the day it is a game where people have to record voices. There is only a certain number of lines that can be recorded. It isn't like when we watch cricket on TV and the commentators can make it up as they go. It is the same as any other sporting game in that respect. Yes the commentary will most likely get repetitive after 100 hours, but look at the positive. That means you wil have played it for at least 100 hours. Well done BA on all the work on the game. Loving the look of it and can't wait to get my hands on it

Anything positive to say or are you just going to be consistently negative? If you had followed the Beta up until this point, you'd know the answer to some of those questions.

Reactions don't need to be glowing, but jeez, some balanced opinions would be great.
Indeed, I've probably been guilty of that too at times - being critical but not as generous with the praise. We are spoilt really to have such a high quality cricket game with so much content when you think about where cricket gaming had been for most of the last 10/15 years prior to DBC14. It was a shambles with the odd mediocre (at best) game from Codies or EA - now we have something far superior to those from an ever-improving studio which seems to have the vision and stability to continue the franchise for the forseeable future... On top of that, we have the direct communication on the forums and they've gone above and beyond expectations in terms of post-release updates and support.

Looking forward to any Academy updates and the eventual release on Steam :).

I for one enjoyed the videos and the biggest difference I see is that the length indicator is now displayed a lot earlier. Kudos to Big Ant for adding that feature in as that was one area lot of folks struggled in DBC 14 :clap Also, have a few questions and I would love it if someone who attended the premiere event or someone from Big Ant ( @MattW ) could answer the same...

1. What difficulty level were the games played at during the Big Ant world premiere event?
2. Will the length indicator be shown at the same time across all difficulty levels or does it vary, i.e. shown out of bowler's hand at 'PRO' difficulty level, a bit later at 'VETERAN' difficulty level and not shown at all at 'LEGEND' difficulty level etc.?
3. Can you play the cover drive through the cover or cover point region since in the gameplay videos I've seen so far the cover drive seems to go a lot straighter (closer to widish mid off region)?

Reactions: Pat
Wow, those were really great videos. Reminds me of those DBC14 days still and can't believe that 3 years went already and went so fast.
  • Loved the toss and camera focus on the coin. Crowd looks nice.
  • Shot types and ability to move across and play looks awesome in a match than training in Academy.
  • Speed variation between women and men's cricket has a big tick mark checked in doing basics right, well done.
Not sure whether it's just me, somehow look and feel of these short videos including the font styles makes me to feel that RLL3 and DBC14 have something extra in capturing that overall look and feel of the game. May be optimizations are due for the final build.

Overall very impressive premiere videos and thank you @BigAntStudios for giving such a early visibility to an in-progress game and you have excelled in giving importance to your customers for taking so much of feedbacks to get implemented. Would be buying this game both in Xbox and PC on day 1 hands down and very excited for December's release.

Users who are viewing this thread