Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Lol at those people complaining and whining about the game's commentary, gameplay & other stuff just based on videos. People here sometimes really act as if they themselves had gone to the premier and played. From whatever videos I have seen, my excitement really increases. I saw Matt's post saying Dec 6 was just a miscommunication but its coming in December which starts in a month 5 days. Loved how the zoom in happens on coin during toss. Loved the new individual overlay. The manual field looks good but just my opinion I wont be using it. Commentary is nothing I want to comment on before actually playing the game and feeling it. I did not see any bowling scorecard, wanted to see how it looks now? The crowds look better & once again @BigAntStudios thanks for this wonderful Christmas gift. You know a company is doing really great when its competition is one's own game.

I have a suggestion for this though, usually the person who catches an easy catch would just walk to the group normally with a smile and the one who takes a hard catch would celebrate relatively more. Thus, it could help if the fielder who catches it does not celebrate with his hands up and instead just runs in towards his teammates while leaving the jumping, punching the air celebration to hard, diving catches. This should make the delay more invisible I guess.
That would the Imran Tahir celebration animation..:D

That would the Imran Tahir celebration animation..:D

LOL...He runs away from them! I said towards and not like a 100m sprint like he does :P[DOUBLEPOST=1477505144][/DOUBLEPOST]One more very small suggestion: It would probably be more realistic if the camera didn't zoom in during the replay during a lbw referral.

Given I no longer live in the best city in the world I'm just going off these videos I've watched. I thank BA for taking the time to show it off to the public.

I feel like the most vital improvements needed that we've been crying out for are AI related, particularly the AI batting. This is not the sort of stuff that you can get an opinion on in a 5v5 slog fest, so we'll really just find this out when we get our hands on the game proper. I do like many of the things mentioned here so far, like the ability to bring up the keeper, generally smoother fielding animations (but still some oddities) and some more stats graphics.

In terms of the overall look of the game when watching that Twistie video a few pages back I would struggle to tell the difference with DBC14, with the exception of say the much improved crowd (albeit with rather drab colours). This is not meant to be a harsh criticism, as DBC14 was already a very good looking game with lovely batting and bowling animations. A pure improvement in the AI would already warrant a 70 dollar purchase, but I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed that there is still no variety in bowling actions in particular, given that is something we had back in Brian Lara Cricket 2005.

I wonder, did anyone at the PlayTest use a custom venue from the academy? It would be nice to see how the crowd fills them out.

Another thing I noticed in the video it felt very odd in the women's match Aus vs Eng at the SCG for the crowd to roar when an Aussie batsman got out. It would be nice to have crowds that reacted different ways for home and away teams.

Last edited:
I think it's the manner in which people put across their views that gets people's backs up.

@parthkadakia im presuming that what you mean.

I'll play any cricket game that's in front of me and will support it all the way. Anyone who was involved in the stat changing in last game will vouch for that.

But you also can't be blind to the obvious.

I have ears, so do others, Taylor sounds like he's only just learnt to read. For me it's no issue as I always have it off and listen to the surroundings. But I think to say the commentary is average is a valid point.

I also think it's valid to say from what we have seen at the 'reveal' looks wise it's pretty much the same. Again not an issue for me. But it's a fair point. There's something different, but I can't actually put my finger on it!?

Now to critisise gameplay when you have not played it or even seen more than 30mins of it is a way wide of the mark.

My only big bear is the whole 'reveal'. 14 was sooo good that this game deserved trailers etc.

If you were going to show the game off in it's worst state you would grab two lads who don't know the buttons yet and get them to play a 5five slog.....

Is that trublu? If so @BigAntStudios deserve better. Because what is wihout any doubt is they have change cricket gaming forever and for that I'll always be thankful and support them.

Mindless bashing of stuff is idiotic, but also defending what is the obvious is always pointless.

Back to 14 got a test to win ;)

For me it's no issue as I always have it off and listen to the surroundings.

Ooooh matron.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, just noticed from Twistie's videos that there seem to be a disproportionately high amount of gingers in the on disk teams. I really think it's fantastic that BA are representing both women and gingers in the game. Kudos BA.

Last edited:
Cricket games are so long that even with an A grade commentary team it would get boring. In DBC14 the ambient sounds were so great that you could turn off the commentary and enjoy the game heaps. I pretty much forget it even had commentary.

They seem to have ramped up the crowd noises on this one which helps further.

My comment probably isn't gonna be very constructive or add any value here , but just wanted to say, I loved the videos. It just looks so much more polished.

I love the fact that I can read the length much earlier from now on. I always had problem with that and premeditated shots. Line was easier to detect because of the angle the ball left the hand in compared to the umpire's position. Loved the fact extra stats showing. Looking forward to new surprising stats information. Fielding looks super polished. Catching and wicket keeper animation still needs lots of improvement. Noticed the wicket keeper waiting still for the ball to be thrown and the last moment dive sideways to catch it. This kind of stuffs have almost always been an issue in every cricket game . I wonder if it is a programming/resource limitation . I think it's important to improve the wicket keeper animation because after bowler and batsmen we see/notice the wicket keeper the most and they are the most involved in the field. I haven't played the beta yet due to controller issue, but batting and bowling looks very smooth in those videos.

How on EARTH is this allowed to be the first footage available of the game? "The first hting I want the world to see is some shaky-cam footage and people leaping on it to draw conclusions about he game from it! It's crazy! I had assumed that there would be a trailer ready to go, or at least some better quality B-Roll for people to use immediately following the public viewing.

I was convinced that the Marketing/PR side would be better this time, and my heart sinks this morning: These are really basic things, and I can't understand why Tru Blu would allow this to happen. Again.

I actually really feel for BA. They work on this for two years, looking to build on something already successful critically, and as an introduction to the world they're given the retail equivalent of a rummage sale. This stuff isn't hard OR expensive: I don't get how this could be such a swing and a miss at a slow ball over the plate.
Ooh it makes me mad.
I agree with you, although it's not uncommon for this type of thing to happen. When I used to eagerly await the new FIFA/PES every year and look out for the first videos surfacing, it was always similar, with shaky-cam 360p footage at Gamescom of total noobs making the game look terrible; and that's by huge companies like EA and Konami. I don't know if that's changed in recent years or not as I don't seek out info/videos about new football game releases so much lately.

They always did have a flashy trailer that told you nothing of value releasing on the same day though, maybe DBC could do with one of those - for me personally I just ignore such trailers, but maybe they are valuable in some way to the general public, I haven't done the research so don't know.

I'd rather wait to play the game myself than watch these videos. I haven't watched many of them and I'm not sure I intend to see more - aesthetics can be judged to an extent but most gameplay elements are all about 'feel' which videos can't get across. One thing I have heard a little of is the commentary though and honestly it was not good. I'd hoped this would be at least tolerable while providing useful contextual information in matches, but if the little I've heard is anything to go by then I'll be turning it off within a couple of hours. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this.

Watched the twistie3 5 over women match video, the main overhaul for me is bowling, bringing up keeper close normal far is a great addition, ball release is smooth, use of crease. So many other features like stadium creator justify a good upgrade from dbc14. Stamina looks to be given more importance to gameplay like fast bowlers drop it more quickly. Only thing pinching me is that when demand of different bowling actions and batting stances was there before dbc14 howcome it didn't even made to dbc17 provided Ross said dbc17 is a response to fans request.

Watched the twistie3 5 over women match video, the main overhaul for me is bowling, bringing up keeper close normal far is a great addition, ball release is smooth, use of crease. So many other features like stadium creator justify a good upgrade from dbc14. Stamina looks to be given more importance to gameplay like fast bowlers drop it more quickly. Only thing pinching me is that when demand of different bowling actions and batting stances was there before dbc14 howcome it didn't even made to dbc17 provided Ross said dbc17 is a response to fans request.

Sure, but there are obviously limits still. I agree that it's a bit disappointing, particularly given that one of the beauties of cricket is the uniqueness of the bowling action, from club level right up to international. I do appreciate it would take a lot of work though.

- Plz do give option to turn off "timing details"
- Ground and grass design are almost similar to dbc14, lets hope in final version there is any improvement
- any different cameras
- diving keepers while collecting ball from fielder throw are very unrealistic
- commentary/dailogue implementation is just ok

- Plz do give option to turn off "timing details"
- Ground and grass design are almost similar to dbc14, lets hope in final version there is any improvement
- any different cameras
- diving keepers while collecting ball from fielder throw are very unrealistic
- commentary/dailogue implementation is just ok

Anything positive to say or are you just going to be consistently negative? If you had followed the Beta up until this point, you'd know the answer to some of those questions.

Reactions don't need to be glowing, but jeez, some balanced opinions would be great.

One more negative point thats all bowlers look same style of bowling, is there any difference in batting/bowling styles?

Even i know BA will bring the best they can in dbc17 but can u tell if any points which i mentioned are facts or just negative.

No @mani82ua They are plain negative. If you saw the videos plenty of times its mentioned they now have their own mo-cap studio. They did not have previously so no there are no batting or bowling style. Read/Watch carefully before saying one more negative point. The only negative point is that you have not read what they have said. I am pretty sure BigAnt would not be involving communites going ahead. They should just act like those professional EA kind of companies. Just make money money money.

Users who are viewing this thread