Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

As far as I can tell, the gameplay looks good. the bowling tactics options looked an excellent addition, as did the info about the fielders.

they have achieved the remarkable feat of making the commentary WORSE than DBC14. when the first ball is wide and both commentators say "that was heading for the carpark": something no commentator has ever said in real life about a wide delivery, that is really just shocking. how does that happen? "mike" had zero animation in his voice, and was actually worse than either of the other two from 14. Taylor delivered it better, but the implementation and lines are very poor.

additional cut scenes were nice, and it seems the game will show us more of the faces close up which is a good thing as it means all the work people put into the academy can actually be showcased properly.

i know they were all default but i thought the player faces and uniforms looked off in a way i can't put my finger on.

nice that all positives seem gameplay related, all concerns are more peripheral.

liked the presentation additions in terms of showing the rpo / score predictor.

As far as I can tell, the gameplay looks good. the bowling tactics options looked an excellent addition, as did the info about the fielders.

they have achieved the remarkable feat of making the commentary WORSE than DBC14. when the first ball is wide and both commentators say "that was heading for the carpark": something no commentator has ever said in real life about a wide delivery, that is really just shocking. how does that happen? "mike" had zero animation in his voice, and was actually worse than either of the other two from 14. Taylor delivered it better, but the implementation and lines are very poor.

additional cut scenes were nice, and it seems the game will show us more of the faces close up which is a good thing as it means all the work people put into the academy can actually be showcased properly.

i know they were all default but i thought the player faces and uniforms looked off in a way i can't put my finger on.

nice that all positives seem gameplay related, all concerns are more peripheral.

liked the presentation additions in terms of showing the rpo / score predictor.

Yeah. Hopefully they've left the option to mute the commentary in.

A shame that they didn't really implement any of those really good suggestions you had in regards to commentary but there's always future games I suppose.

One thing which I noticed and liked was after the batsman [twistie] hit a boundary , the AI changed the line of run up, awesome and another one was when he thought they were bowling really wider and took the stance outside off the bowler AI bowls on middle stump, great one again..

But I wonder why it says rookie career mode?
Careers are either Star Player - choosing an existing cricketer and playing their career; or rookie career where you create a new player and start in club cricket. That requirement's just so that you can't just pick the New Zealand captain as your career player and win the tournament to unlock it, but rather you need to work your way up to the top first.

One thing which I noticed and liked was after the batsman [twistie] hit a boundary , the AI changed the line of run up, awesome and another one was when he thought they were bowling really wider and took the stance outside off the bowler AI bowls on middle stump, great one again..

Yeah I think the game is going to be solid gameplay wise.

Careers are either Star Player - choosing an existing cricketer and playing their career; or rookie career where you create a new player and start in club cricket. That requirement's just so that you can't just pick the New Zealand captain as your career player and win the tournament to unlock it, but rather you need to work your way up to the top first.

Oh awesome, that clears my doubt. Thanks.

And if you can talk about the picture by the side of unlocked achievement, is that something like a saved video of the moment? That would be so cool!

commentary is messed up.No sync between two commentators.same thing said by two.It does not sound like real.worst commentary ever heard in a cricket game.Hope they provide a mute option.

commentary is messed up.No sync between two commentators.same thing said by two.It does not sound like real.worst commentary ever heard in a cricket game.Hope they provide a mute option.

You are getting a sequel to a great cricket game. Never in our lives has a developer actually implemented most of what we want. Its ok to provide constructive criticism, but don't be totally negative. This is a great moment for cricket gamers , so please enjoy it as well.

@MattW I actually loved the entire game play and all those small stuff (like score predictions at a run rate and many more) which makes a big difference. I want to know if there's any other camera angle which doesn't go top view after the ball reaches the boundary...it will be more satisfying to see the ball going to the stands (but this camera stops and tilts up).

A definite improvement I see in the commentary is that it seems to be a bit more Context specific. In twistie's video at the end, when the batting team requires 16 off 3 or something like that, and the batter misses a ball, the commentator mentions that a six was required by the batting team to stay in the game. This if true would bring in a lot to the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread