Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Weird little glitches like that for me I tend to forget about.

For me there's 3 main things that would make this game perfect.

Pitches play accordingly.
Variety of edges, bat pads etc.
AI batsmen batting appropriately to the situation. Defending before a break, seeing offf the new ball, etc.

For me, that's all that was missing in 14! In terms of what I really care about!
I agree with you on the 3 points but the thing was I play with close cam for bowling and you get to see that graphically the batsman has edged the ball so I immediately appeal [no edge sound though]...I know that the gap cannot be closed 100% but would like to see improvements in that part for sure...Its something with stopped the flow of the game personally...And I got a habit of watching the replays in slow mo after I feel that its edged...

@funnyadit From the videos, I can see that the ball going into the fielders have been amazing done. The fielders are almost if not completely in position. And also I saw the batsman stumble after coming into contact with the WK. It was so nice :D

@MattW I've read almost every post that was added overcthe weekend.
Some really good comments. I just have two old questions.
1) when do we get to know where & whem we can Pre-order
2) Any chance of making it viable to have slopping pitch?? Need it to make Lords once released on PS4.

Everything else looks amazing!! Keep it up guys making big steps in sports games

I'm disappointed with the videos I've seen from the premiere. The actual gameplay is just too similar to the first game for me to fork out another premium for it. It's a shame.

I will point out the key differences...

1. Stadium creator - You can create ANY stadium for the first time in a cricket video game.
2. In depth and comprehensive career mode starting from club and including World Cup/World Championship and the ability to play as an individual or as a team - TBH this feature alone is worth purchasing the game.
3. Length indicator visible earlier solving the pre-meditation issue - This is the feature which proves how much Big Ant listens to the feedback and incorporates the same in the game.
4. Enhanced graphics engine - Look at the players created so far.
5. Improved gameplay based on the videos and the feedback from users who have played the DBC Academy beta.
6. Support for modding - Big Ant have made logo, kits etc. shareable across ALL platforms. i don't think too many games or developers have done so.

Granted we will come to know about AI improvements and enhanced field sets/settings only once we play the game but I'm sure any reasonable person will agree that DBC 17 is a lot more than a cosmetic improvement over the previous version. If your expectation was that Big Ant would blow up DBC 14 and start from the scratch once again then your expectation was unrealistic and plain wrong IMO.

like this

Over ELEVEN years ago? Blimey.

This video reminds me: the best thing about this game was the faking you could do with the pitch marker. No-one's done that since and it was a really good idea - The ability to bowl surprise deliveries was the very best reasons for a pitch marker. The other player would feel confident they knew what was coming and then it would change last minute. Felt like real cricket that.

Loved the way bowling scoreboard was displayed. Definitely before the game comes out I am not going to jump into any conclusions but will we have something like this? @MattW . Not exactly same but maidens, economy as last time around it wasnt displayed.

bowl score.png

This video reminds me: the best thing about this game was the faking you could do with the pitch marker. No-one's done that since and it was a really good idea - The ability to bowl surprise deliveries was the very best reasons for a pitch marker. The other player would feel confident they knew what was coming and then it would change last minute. Felt like real cricket that.

Dam i luved that game awesome 6 hit button

You're welcome to complain about graphics - but "looks like it's from 2005" is just meaningless hyperbole.

Yes I was wrong in comparing it with a 2005 game. Should have been 2007.

Here is DBC 17 vs BLIC 07. Not that big a difference. Maybe I feel so because of the low-res images and low-res videos floating around on the internet. If they release a proper trailer showing day-night matches, etc which can actually show what the game looks like, it could change our opinion.

I will buy the game anyways so that BA games makes enough profit to make the game more awesome in the next iteration.

DBC17vsBLC07.jpg

> Shows two completely different screenshots
> Admits it's an unfair comparison
> 'Not that big of a difference'

What the actual hell...how different is grass even supposed to look from that far of a distance? It's green. It's grass. Great

> Shows two completely different screenshots
> Admits it's an unfair comparison
> 'Not that big of a difference'

What the actual hell...how different is grass even supposed to look from that far of a distance? It's green. It's grass. Great
Just looking at the grass :) Lots of us are more interested about the grass than the game itself.

Just looking at the grass :) Lots of us are more interested about the grass than the game itself.
Talk about yourself. Its really a big insult to Big Ant when people compare a 2005 game to 17 game and then say sorry it needs comparison to 2007. You guys have had this luxury where a game developer is even listening. We deserve EA kind of developer who just shove their game and make money. I cant believe how people are taking video footage into consideration. Its not about saying only good things about Big Ant or game, I havent seen any developer after @kurtkz & @BigAntStudios taking constructive criticism so politely and nicely. If you are more interested in grass go outside to a garden. I sometimes feel so freaking pissed about the attitude some people show as if they are the boss and not BigAnt. I agree we are customers but buying and not buying is something on us. Probably like your signature of 2005/2004 patches you need continue playing with those patches.

Going back to a pitch marker would be a giant step back these days.

Ha ha! Put your hand up if you are more interested in the grass than the game itself.....I think you might be smoking too much of your lovely grass....

Who cares about the bloody grass... Seriously! I for one don't care about the graphics tbh let alone grass, all I care for now is the animations . I feel like a cruel bastard for picking up on this, but maybe I've got some sand in my crack over the team career mode... For the record I was really impressed with the depth of career mode now, it looks fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread