Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

The thing that actually matters in terms of grass is how a ball going to the boundary behaves and we've already seen in the batting mini game that the ball now curves realistically along the grass rather than travel in a straight line.

As someone who doesn't mind bouncing a few blokes here and there, I'd disagree that the short ball is just an arcadey gimmick. Why even post sh!t like that? Haven't you watched the cricket or even listened to the commentary when phrases like "that was a surprise short ball"... and the like. Ben hilfenhaus is a fair example, he surprised a few in his day!!!

I vaguely remember @BigAntStudios mentioning about them owning other licenses as well other than Sir Don Bradman's - do we know if any of them are being used in this game?

I vaguely remember @BigAntStudios mentioning about them owning other licenses as well other than Sir Don Bradman's - do we know if any of them are being used in this game?

Well we know they have the SCG licence and Russian Cricket Team :P

It does annoy me though that the ICC puts its name to a piece of shit game associated with the world cup and not a proper game like this...

Thank God for the academy.

Everything is fine but the grassss....... Now I feel we must have pitch curator mode in the game like one said..

Last edited:
He played in a created stadium. It seems only in stands we will have crowds and empty spaces will remain empty. :( Not sure though. Also one thing I noticed is the scoreboards did not work in custom created stadiums, I might be wrong though. I know MattW said that many polishes have been made but both commentators saying same thing is something that needs attention atleast. Other then that looks amazing. The stadium looks so good. Cant wait for this Friday as we will have livestream as well as update. Super Friday this is going to be

He played in a created stadium. It seems only in stands we will have crowds and empty spaces will remain empty. :( Not sure though. Also one thing I noticed is the scoreboards did not work in custom created stadiums, I might be wrong though. I know MattW said that many polishes have been made but both commentators saying same thing is something that needs attention atleast. Other then that looks amazing. The stadium looks so good. Cant wait for this Friday as we will have livestream as well as update. Super Friday this is going to be
Yeah livestream should give us a better idea as they would have made some changes in the gap between premiere and this PAX event hopefully..

Didnt make it into the PC team...:(

Last edited:
Was trying to see default replays in the videos shared by "twistie" but seems like he wanted to play more in the limited time :D so he skipped most of those. One question out of curiosity; does this version show replay after lbw dismissal as I remember in dbc14(ps3) it does not. However manually you could see it through replay system.

Also one more thing I noticed in the last video shared (titled more gameplay, answering more questions), it was showing 6 required of 0 ball when that last ball is yet to be bowled. I hope that was just because it was not not final build or may be I had been slightly gone blind due to excitement.:spy

Last edited:
This is probably the best video from the World Premiere. It shows how well the animations and flow of the game is. The straight drives and almost all shots are looking so great! Plus we got to see a stumping :D

This is probably the best video from the World Premiere. It shows how well the animations and flow of the game is. The straight drives and almost all shots are looking so great! Plus we got to see a stumping :D
Yeah the created players do make a difference in the visuals..Some noticeable issues were there though, most of them would have been rectified by them now...

Would like to know is the throwing mechanism easy or complicated as I see lots of high throws when the throw should have been a flatter one and also saw that direct hits werent there from the fielders, so is it something to get used to over time?
BTW why does that fielder in this case the bowler throw the ball to deep cover fielder, that looked weird..

Square button on ps4 will relay throw to whoever you are facing. So in this case it is user error.
Oh thats nice to know, it makes sense too on the user part as we are used to square and triangle being direct hits hence the relay throws...Can you tell about direct hits, that was also the user error not throwing in that green direct hit zone? And were you able to get flat throws?

Users who are viewing this thread