Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

If the Keeper can anticipate and sort of move along with the path of the bowled ball , it would help greatly in solving the diving at the last minute issue seen in the videos .

The rest looks awesome , and the feature /improvement list just becomes longer and better every couple of days as details emerge .

But that damn keeper ... :)

Also BLIC07 looks like a mobile game in the @bharat comparison. A fair comparison would be:

sydney-cricket-ground.jpg

ss_ac598fca70978658124bc38236cf7cf6260b00bd.600x338.jpg

All this talk about grass... really? I mean it is a good sign if the only thing people can complain about is grass, but get real. That is so minor in the game. Here are the questions we should ask about the grass... is it there? is it green? the answer to these is yes so lets move on

Probably like your signature of 2005/2004 patches you need continue playing with those patches.

Haha, I was one of the earliest members at PlanetCricket. Was active with Cricket 02,04,05 patches and even a moderator here. Then I went into exile(to take care of personal life) and came back after a decade(like Robbin Williams in Jumanji) and saw these screenshots and videos. I was a bit disappointed. But then I realize there isn't any other cricket game out there and that BA has taken fan feedback seriously in shaping this game. So I have mixed feeling on the whole. I guess I just need to shut up here as I am out of touch with the times.

Yes I was wrong in comparing it with a 2005 game. Should have been 2007.

Here is DBC 17 vs BLIC 07. Not that big a difference. Maybe I feel so because of the low-res images and low-res videos floating around on the internet. If they release a proper trailer showing day-night matches, etc which can actually show what the game looks like, it could change our opinion.

I will buy the game anyways so that BA games makes enough profit to make the game more awesome in the next iteration.

View attachment 174978

How is there hardly a difference? Looks like a huge improvement to me.

Haha, I was one of the earliest members at PlanetCricket. Was active with Cricket 02,04,05 patches and even a moderator here. Then I went into exile(to take care of personal life) and came back after a decade(like Robbin Williams in Jumanji) and saw these screenshots and videos. I was a bit disappointed. But then I realize there isn't any other cricket game out there and that BA has taken fan feedback seriously in shaping this game. So I have mixed feeling on the whole. I guess I just need to shut up here as I am out of touch with the times.
Give it a chance , you will not be disappointed, guaranteed.

Going back to a pitch marker would be a giant step back these days.

Meh. I'm mixed. I love the idea of not having one, but then I really struggled to play DBC, as a game, without it. Just because I felt like I wasn't given enough information to be able to play it smartly. It sounds like that's been improved in the new one - I'm really looking forwards to playing it.

The pitch marker was just a "the ball is coming around here", substituting the visual cues you would get in real life. That's why I liked the ability to fake it in BLIC2005: it was a mechanic that you could "disguise", which was a terrific balance of real life vs game. A delicate balance.

Meh. I'm mixed. I love the idea of not having one, but then I really struggled to play DBC, as a game, without it. Just because I felt like I wasn't given enough information to be able to play it smartly. It sounds like that's been improved in the new one - I'm really looking forwards to playing it.

The pitch marker was just a "the ball is coming around here", substituting the visual cues you would get in real life. That's why I liked the ability to fake it in BLIC2005: it was a mechanic that you could "disguise", which was a terrific balance of real life vs game. A delicate balance.
I agree to disagree with this. IMO, the satisfaction that a boundary or a six gives in dbc, Not knowing the line length before hand, gives the feeling of actually watching and reading the ball. And it's great. I agree the mystery ball was a novel idea back then, but once dbc happened , i for one, can't go back to playing with a marker.

Gotta admit I'm more open to the idea these days, as opposed to being completely closed minded on the idea previous to the release of DBC 14. Maybe now with the mechanic designed for DBC 17 to eliminate premeditation, they will have all the tools to cater for people who don't like playing with the indicator on, but still struggle, by having a "blink system" both in hand or on the deck, the information is definitely all there, just a matter of personal preference, definitely not arcade thinking if your inclined to that opinion.

Yes I was wrong in comparing it with a 2005 game. Should have been 2007.

Here is DBC 17 vs BLIC 07. Not that big a difference. Maybe I feel so because of the low-res images and low-res videos floating around on the internet. If they release a proper trailer showing day-night matches, etc which can actually show what the game looks like, it could change our opinion.

I will buy the game anyways so that BA games makes enough profit to make the game more awesome in the next iteration.

View attachment 174978

They might look the same to some twats on here and in social media land where people have to complain about something all the time. But if you zoom in you'll find that they are much different.

BEFORE THIS ****STORM STARTED I COMMENTED ON HOW GOOD THE GRASS LOOKED, especially on that pro dev kit. I was at the premiere for those who will no doubt be confused at my claims.

And way to go posting the first image you found on google of BLIC07, you'll find that is one of those fake screenshots developers did back in the day, that game did not look like that.

WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN NIGHT CRICKET FOR FEGANS SAKE, why is this even a thing right now, twats.

No-one's done that since
That's why I liked the ability to fake it in BLIC2005: it was a mechanic that you could "disguise", which was a terrific balance of real life vs game. A delicate balance.

EA c07 also had it as special delivery, though you can do that quite a bit manually in multiplayer of DBC, and the variations quite a bit more realistic.

Also i dont think you can fool people irl with length to the extent were yorker changes to bouncer and vice versa, its a nice arcadey gimmick fora game but not much cricket, most bluffs in cricket are with pace, direction, bounce and slight variations in length.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread