Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

At that red mark its better to show ( OVERS 5 ) instead of 4.6 (not an issue but looks bit odd)

Untitled-1.jpg

@MattW Right now at the place (This over: Only five balls stats were shown after the over finishes) like ( 1 w 2 3 1 ) . Can we have all six balls shown in that spot. I hit six sixes in DBC 14 but unable to take screenshot of it because only 5 balls stats were shown. Please try to fix this if possible. Thanks :)

Edit: After the over when the ball tracker is going on it would be nice if we have all six balls shown below.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
At that red mark its better to show ( OVERS 5 ) instead of 4.6 (not an issue but looks bit odd)

View attachment 174992

@MattW Right now at the place (This over: Only five balls stats were shown after the over finishes). Can we have all six balls shown in that spot. Something like when the next over starts we can see previous over stats. I hit six sixes in DBC 14 but unable to take screenshot of it because only 5 balls stats were shown. Please try to fix this if possible. Thanks :)
Yeah there are some tweaks required here and there..Even after the last final shot 6 the score card showed req runs as -3 runs...

He played in a created stadium. It seems only in stands we will have crowds and empty spaces will remain empty. :( Not sure though. Also one thing I noticed is the scoreboards did not work in custom created stadiums, I might be wrong though. I know MattW said that many polishes have been made but both commentators saying same thing is something that needs attention atleast. Other then that looks amazing. The stadium looks so good. Cant wait for this Friday as we will have livestream as well as update. Super Friday this is going to be

Don't worry, scoreboards do work:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_04_03_22.png

It looks very cute in this little custom stadium, very nice. What will be very disappointing though is if there is no ability to place fans around the stadium outside of grandstands. The ability to "paint" some zones in the editor would be great. Loads of cricket stadiums, particularly in NZ and South Africa are dominated by grassed embankments and it's rather limiting if they cannot be effectively made.

Just listening in I have picked up a small bug:

When "Aaronson" comes into bat he faces several wides to begin with. The commentary keeps talking as if he is facing his first ball. Yes, I know that the game is correctly not counting a wide as a ball faced but it's wrong for the commentator to say "facing his first ball" 2-3 balls in :p

As someone who doesn't mind bouncing a few blokes here and there, I'd disagree that the short ball is just an arcadey gimmick. Why even post sh!t like that? Haven't you watched the cricket or even listened to the commentary when phrases like "that was a surprise short ball"... and the like. Ben hilfenhaus is a fair example, he surprised a few in his day!!!

Tbf I think they said the actual mechanic that allowed those suprise balls was a bit arcady.

What happened with the stumping review? The bowling side appealed, it went to the third umpire who gave it out (without any replay being shown), then the bowling side were given a chance to challenge the decision that'd just gone in their favour?!

What happened with the stumping review? The bowling side appealed, it went to the third umpire who gave it out (without any replay being shown), then the bowling side were given a chance to challenge the decision that'd just gone in their favour?!

Wasn't it for caught behind, hence they showed hot spot? The foot was well in the crease.

Also I know people are being very critical of the commentary but I think it has issues beyond just the echo of the two guys.

One ball that is a wide that the batsman plays and misses at:

1) That must have slipped out of the hand, well wide
2) In a way, the batsman is lucky not to connect there, they totally misread that one
3) That one was headed for the carpark, very wide

The first two were said by the same main guy at around 18:50 in the video.

Then, on the very next ball the fielder has a throwing action aiming at the stumps but it magically goes directly behind him to another fielder.

No, the wicket was stumped and was given out by the third umpire....therefore why would the bowling team get the opportunity to review a decision that a) went in their favour and b) was made by the third umpire first? Unless I'm massively half-asleep and missing something here?!

Plus, even if the review was for a catch the batsman had already been given out stumped.

Just as the game is won with a six you have a curious "Required -3 off 8" in the bottom left corner :p

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_04_24_31.png

This thread is hilarious you guys...

Reminds me of the Release Date thread back in the day before DBC14.

Stay classy Planet Cricket .
OMG yes! Its popcorn lmao.

More seriously can’t watch Twistie’s vids. He comes across as a complete poser. Apologies if anyone on here knows him. Think to myself well go on then will have a look at what DBC is like….right turn it off, no you had your chance.
Also have recently seen Bug’s Bunny violated in a way I’ll never understand or forget, yes its completely ruined it now for me. A little OTT maybe? I mean grass colour? Perhaps, just saying. :)
Think you either buy or you don’t buy, hopefully more will so we have another one to look forward to in the future. Am curious to what think it was 3 new games BA are releasing next year? Please tell me more Sir Ross of Melbourne. :p lol

Users who are viewing this thread