Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

I don't think anyone is writing anything off - There's some observations is all. We don't know what stage the build shown was, but they must be going through submissions process now so I imagine it's pretty much a final build. I think it's fair to make any observation people choose... They will soon find out that people disagree! :)
There's observations and then there is borderline autism.....

Autism is about finding it difficult to communicate effectively. I don't think there's been any confusion in terms of observations people have made. They may be wrong, but they are just speaking their mind. I think most people here understand which opinions to ignore and which to take seriously.

Autism is about finding it difficult to communicate effectively. I don't think there's been any confusion in terms of observations people have made. They may be wrong, but they are just speaking their mind. I think most people here understand which opinions to ignore and which to take seriously.
It is a discussion board and people are free to discuss but when so-called observations begin with " they should have...." or are expressing disappointment in an area of the game without even bothering to put it into some form of context or opinions are based on utter disregard for actual facts then it is right that they get called on that.....and autism is also about being fixated by specific details, dis-empowering that persons abilty to oversee the whole context.

I'm really not expecting DBC17 to be perfect...I'm absolutely sure there will be things about it that I'll think...meh, I'd prefer it if it did X or didn't do Y...but, based on the access we've had to the demo and looking at the video's from the Melbourne premier, I know it is going to be better than DBC14. And I love DBC14. I would buy DBC17 if BA just released DBC14 again bundled with Franco's hack.

The improvements to career mode are way beyond what I was expecting...and I'll forgive alot of minor imperfections for what looks like a hugely more involving career mode. I may well turn commentary off on day one (like I did with DBC14) but I was surprised and genuinely delighted to hear James Taylor on the mic...I may keep it active until day two...maybe more. I can see that BA have really invested in giving us the best cricket game experience they possibly could...not a perfect one, for everyone...but the best. Some people will love the helicopter shot, others will dismiss it as superfluous. Some people will question bullet-time fielding, others (like me) will relish it. Some people will think that animation could be better, or others could accept any animation deficits if the AI shot selection is appropriate to context. The point is that this is hard. You can't get everything for everyone....especially in what is iteration two of a potentially great series. What appears to be on offer, however, looks good to me. It certainly looks like it is worth the price that is being charged....which, at its most simplistic, is all that we can ask for as customers.

I will buy this, with confidence, the minute it is up on Steam. I would have pre-ordered this on Steam the day DBC14 came out. Sure, DBC17 will have imperfections, glitches and compromises...but it will still be the best cricket game ever published. For that, I am truly grateful.

In case you don't know the story

AFL Live 1:

PS3, XBox 360, PC - Big Ant
Wii - Wicked Witch

AFL Live 2:

PS3, XBox and later iPad - Wicked Witch

WW had their completely own code and it was rubbish. The clear evidence for it being a super simple game was that it could be ported to the iPad without losing much... AFL Live 2 on consoles looks worse than AFL Live 1 (except the Wii version) because it is worse.

TEST.png

Hi guys I was wondering if any of the developers could explain how this Test Rankings system works exactly, I am unfamiliar with it?

From the video it seems that the rankings work similar to real world rankings.

They should have that quote on the cover. I genuinely, as the kids say, laughed out loud...and I'm in a hotel bar. People are looking at me strangely now.

In all seriousness though that's what Big Ant have done so so well. Creating those little moments that no cricket game
Has ever done.

In previous games it was always you hit it or you miss it by a mile.

There was never that ohhh just beat the outside edge. Or any form of inside edge behaviour.

It's that little things that make it so immersive because every innings is different.

Hey All,

Having seen Twisties youtube vids Weds i can say i'm really looking forward to DBC17.

Career mode alreay looks awesome & am stocked about the Womens game being included.

Only question i have about stadium creator is can you have a slopping pitch as i want to create Lords in London that has a 6mtr slope running across it?

Just one more question though.
If its to be released in December when & where (in UK) are we going to be able to pre-order?

@Ross and the team have done a great job again. Keep it going guys

In all seriousness though that's what Big Ant have done so so well. Creating those little moments that no cricket game
Has ever done.

In previous games it was always you hit it or you miss it by a mile.

There was never that ohhh just beat the outside edge. Or any form of inside edge behaviour.

It's that little things that make it so immersive because every innings is different.
Completely agree on that. The fact that you can replay a ball at super super slow mo and see the ball condition, physics, shot selection, fielder reaction....reverse it, play it again...but slower...has been great in DBC14. No other cricket game has allowed such inspection of what happens post delivery. I've replayed so many DBC14 moments (particularly since @francobaldo1 made his wonderful hack) and agree that no other game has come close to bringing to life those critical moments in an innings to life. But even with Frano's genious, bat-pad and pad-bat edges are missing from DBC14...as a person who will be playing almost exclusively as a career spin bowler, I am really hoping that DBC17 introduces the need for close fielders. I will be buying tissues in bulk before the release of DBC17...I hope this investment is not in vain.

Hey All,

Having seen Twisties youtube vids Weds i can say i'm really looking forward to DBC17.

Career mode alreay looks awesome & am stocked about the Womens game being included.

Only question i have about stadium creator is can you have a slopping pitch as i want to create Lords in London that has a 6mtr slope running across it?

Just one more question though.
If its to be released in December when & where (in UK) are we going to be able to pre-order?

@Ross and the team have done a great job again. Keep it going guys
There is no option for a sloping pitch. It would be interesting to see what would happen if there was one. Lords is a really interesting ground and the slope is a major part of that (though I think it is closer to 2.5 metres than 6 metres...no need for crampons when running in from mid wicket). For club cricket, sloping pitches are also not uncommon....but I'm happy enough to have the degree of editing allowed for DBC17 grounds..maybe slope is for the next generation.

Hi I'm wondering if you will be able to create other clubs in your state to play against in Career mode? I know you can create a specific club for wherever you're and who you play for at club level but can you add other teams?

Ross
I have had posts removed now comments to discredited me. Everything is getting screen captured.

You brought negative comments on yourself by getting emotionally involved people know they will get a rise from you. Every game gets them it’s certainly nothing new what I’ve seen on here its tame really it is. Not that I’m defending them I am simply making the point.

I'm going to stick up for staff here. You have not had any posts criticising the game removed. You've had low effort, off topic posts removed (none of which are in this thread). And neither has anyone else. Incredible how no one else has complained about their posts getting removed or edited...oh, it's because it doesn't tweaking happen.

Stats from this thread are:

Staff deletions: 4 - ONLY 4, none of which contained negative comments about the game. In a thread as toxic as this one, that's incredible.

Self deletions: 13. Members can delete their own posts - something you should consider unless you can start making relevant posts that contribute to the discussion.

Only non-constructive posts are removed, edited. More evidence is all I can say.
Don’t have a problem with BA but who they continue to back well that’s a different story altogether. :mad

Factually untrue, and BA have literally zero say in how staff moderate this forum. I'd advise to stop posting this drivel unless you actually know what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread