Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

i don't understand the focus on trying to have different stars in different territories. it's difficult enough to establish one brand, let alone several.

It's what we were moving towards with "International Cricket". Enables different branding for different versions of the game, either regional or yearly etc.

i don't understand the focus on trying to have different stars in different territories. it's difficult enough to establish one brand, let alone several.

Again in my opinion it would be an outlay which could be better spent in other areas. Paying someone a handsome fee just to have them on the cover seems a bit of a waste of money. I'm not convinced DBC will have sold any more than if it was simply called Big Ant Cricket.

Again in my opinion it would be an outlay which could be better spent in other areas. Paying someone a handsome fee just to have them on the cover seems a bit of a waste of money. I'm not convinced DBC will have sold any more than if it was simply called Big Ant Cricket.

I think "Big Ant Cricket" would confuse Entomologists everywhere. :)

It's what we were moving towards with "International Cricket". Enables different branding for different versions of the game, either regional or yearly etc.

Agree 100% percent. The analysis that sales were hit in the UK because of Bradman / green & gold box is inaccurate.

The game was invisible, when a modicum of Social Media effort could have built up much more visibility and interest. one of the biggest issues in the UK was the lack of faith/buy-in from the retailers: the game was invisible on Amazon and even GAME didn’t exactly have it on shelves for a “walk-in and buy” purchase, it was pre-order or nothing (in my case, I pre-ordered it from GAME and they never actually fulfilled it). If the retail buyers were using Bradman, the box, the lack of license or the issues regarding Ashes 13 and that whole contretemps as a reason not to order the game, the social media interest could have been used to counter that perception.

I asked this in another thread, but it's pretty buried: No mention of Lacrosse in this despite an obvious oportunity - What's going on with that?

I asked this in another thread, but it's pretty buried: No mention of Lacrosse in this despite an obvious oportunity - What's going on with that?
Last I heard from those backer updates was that the Lacrosse Academy was about to release on Steam - I think the original schedule would have the game itself releasing in May?

Last I heard from those backer updates was that the Lacrosse Academy was about to release on Steam - I think the original schedule would have the game itself releasing in May?

I think they said 8 months and that was in June or July, so yeah: should be around about then.

Do BA have any involvement in Lacrosse now?

I'm not sure. It all went very quiet. But the Lacrosse Academy is surely a reskin of the DBC one, so I'd say yes.

RE Cover stars, based on today's performance and the rise of Black Caps Cricket, I would be approaching NZ legend, personality and occasional Ross Symons lookalike Scott Styris.

We're still on board with Lacrosse, Carlo will be saying more soon.

We've had the Lacrosse Academy working internally for a while, it will release soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1427203601][/DOUBLEPOST]I agree with the sentiments above, @Chief and others above with regard to having one cover with multiple stars on it.

@blockerdave the green/gold/Bradman issues were not with the public as much as the buyers that put it on the shelves - they believed the UK public wouldn't support it, I can see why they thought it risky for sure.

The interview was completed a while back before the World Cup started btw just in case anyone wants to accuse me of getting on board the NZ bandwagon - even though I am entitled as the one and only F. Ross :yes

Last edited:
@blockerdave the green/gold/Bradman issues were not with the public as much as the buyers that put it on the shelves - they believed the UK public wouldn't support it, I can see why they thought it risky for sure.

The interview was completed a while back btw.

this i can certainly believe... and probably explains why the PS4/Xbone got asda on board when the PS3/X360 didn't since there was a demonstrable demand. not to flog the dead horse but that's why i mentioned social media could have been used much better to counter that perception.

If the next iteration doesn't have Bradman on the box in the UK i hope I can buy one somewhere...

The interview was completed a while back before the World Cup started btw just in case anyone wants to accuse me of getting on board the NZ bandwagon - even though I am entitled as the one and only F. Ross :yes

I assumed it must have been, as there was no evidence of you remonstrating with them for not reviewing the next-gen versions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread