don bradman crocket 2014 android ?

Trouble is that a "New Star Soccer" style game would work best with proper players and league structures: tabletop just another degree of separation.
My other issue with "Table-Top" for mobile is that your predominant audience becomes a younger player, who have probably no clue what "Table Top" cricket is.

IMO, People don't want fully-featured arcade-style games on mobile because they end up just watered-down and not-as-good-looking versions of console/PC games. It's a platform much better suited to stuff built AROUND themes: Ultimate Team is a great example of this. As is NSS. Card-collection and something a bit more cerebral (FM is a great example of what DOES work across both platforms.)

Trouble is, for these sort of games to work requires a back-end, integration into other platforms, analytics systems, constant user-support. So to make that work, you need a huge audience in order to justify it - one bigger than any other cricket game has managed thus far.
It's a lot of up-front investment before you can test it out, so you need to be pretty sure that audience will be there: if it was your money, do you think you'd be confident enough to go for it?

My other issue with "Table-Top" for mobile is that your predominant audience becomes a younger player, who have probably no clue what "Table Top" cricket is.
you can always rebrand it for platforms

dont you think this would work in mobiles it even has pitch marker:p for casuals also doesn't look too heavy. licensing would be an issue like you mentioned for scenario challenges and it would be insane of me to expect CA integration to the mobile game, though cant think of any other workaround.

It's a lot of up-front investment before you can test it out, so you need to be pretty sure that audience will be there: if it was your money, do you think you'd be confident enough to go for it?

not if im not making a casual game already, also only if im confident of being able to get a few in game ads for starters.

you can always rebrand it for platforms

dont you think this would work in mobiles it even has pitch marker:p for casuals also doesn't look too heavy. licensing would be an issue like you mentioned for scenario challenges and it would be insane of me to expect CA integration to the mobile game, though cant think of any other workaround.

It's casual, yes, but it's still a game where minimum game length is likely to be around 1/2 hour or so, which is just not compatible with how people play mobile games. For me that's why a lot of the existing cricket games don't do so well. Make it more bite-sized/mini-gamey and you got yourself a ball game.

Users who are viewing this thread