Story Dutchad's IC2010 Story: Morgan Comes Into England Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCCakumbra

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tuned in to this Thread about 20mins ago.

Absolutely love the Story Dutchad and the Limericks are epic.

To get involved with this thread I predict Day 5 2nd Session 2.40 Session

:clap

CCCakumbra added 7 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I've got a nice limerick...

There was a wee lady from Spain
She threw her leg over a train
The train went fast
And Burned her A**
And she never wore knickers again

:p :laugh

Last edited:

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I am not too sure on the times Dutch, but I think..

Day 5, Session 3 - 15:45 (45 minutes into the final session if I'm right.:))

D

Dutch

and what if we (I ;)) guess the exact time?

I will triple the prize money!:eek:

Okay guys I am back. Give me some time to get all the entrants sorted, then I need to find some time to finish this fourth English innings. Great that so many have taken part in both competitions.

I will be playing the innings probably tomorrow evening my time and doing 10 over updates so everyone (no-one:p) can see how things are progressing. I might find some time to start later on but we will see!.It has been a great match to pay so far and a testament to the quality of test matches in this game.

Entrants limerick Competition
Treva
Mark
Mad
CG123
Riz7khan12
Binnu
Gazza
CCCakumbra
Biggy

Entrants Time Match Ends Competiton
Shantanu Rooney: Day 5, session three 1642
Biggy: Day Five, session 3 15:45
CCCakumbra: Day 5, session 2 14:40
rahulkhush: Day 5 3rd Session - 16.30
Mark: Day 5 last ball before lunch
Treva: Day 5 session 1 11:57
rizkhan12: Day 5 session 1 11:49
Mad: day 5 session 2 14:30
Chewie: 4th day 3rd session 17:40
CG123: Day four, session three, 17:30
D-S-B-: Day 5, 3rd session, 17:00
Meet: Day 5, second session, 14:27
Gazza: Fifth day first session 12:10
AkshayS: Fifth Day, session 2, 15:15.
deathrevenge9: Fifth Day, session 2, 13:25
User2010: Day 5, Session 2, 13:17
Aussie Team: Fifth day second session 14:23
Bounce: Day 5, session 2, 13:19
Gorro_124: fifth day first session 01:00
P Squared: day five second session 14:43
varun_rustagi: Day 5 3rd Session - 16.30

Last edited by a moderator:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There once was an umpire named Dar,
Who bought himself a brand new car,
He went out for a drive,
But crashed on the M5,
And now has a foot long scar.

:D

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Nice one Trev! Have added your entry. Please all check your entries whether I have written it down right as what stands here will be your official entry! Some of you have written lovely limericks, but they can't count to wards the competition as your limerick must be about a cricketer in my story! Your limerick entry must be in by close of play!

Here is another I just made up: (fielding positions offer great limerick opportunities!)

Whilst taking a nice catch at silly point
Ian Bell's mouth got all out of joint
Said the umpire to him
Could you cut all that din
Ian Bell said through broken teeth "Noi Oi Woint!"

CCCakumbra

Club Captain
Standing at Silly Mid On
Was Strauss dreaming of his lunch time scone
The ball took the edge
And Strauss got a sledge
After a drop which was frowned upon.

:sarcasm

D

Dutch

2gy94ba.jpg
1z2llyw.jpg

The Ashes 2010: First Test Edgbaston 16th to 20th July 2010
Tense Battle About To Begin!
19th July 2010
From our Chief Cricket Correspondent Rick Adams

England won the toss and put Australia into bat.

Australia First Innings 412 all out (Ponting 134*, Katich 89) Anderson 4/126, Collingwood 2/2 England First Innings 357 all out off 93.1 overs (Collingwood* 124, Bell 70, Broad 37) Johnson 3/54 Australia Second Innings 343 all out (North 109, Hussey 69) Anderson 3/100, Collingwood 2/24

Australia closed yesterdays third day 330 for 8, a lead of 385 over arch rivals England. With nearly 400 on the board Australia will be the happier of the two sides going into the final tense acts of this epic battle. Having seen how fragile this English top order has been they will be confident that they can run through the English defense and book a series opening win
With a pitch that is showing more and more signs of cracking up they will be keen to let their fast bowlers exploit the cracks in the pitch that has already shown how unpredictable it can be. The weather here in Birmingham has been changeable and with cloud forecast it will favour the quickies in the morning session.

However Australia still have two wickets in hand and with Michael Johnson still at the crease, Australia will want to edge their score up to 450 to really make England feel as if this game is already beyond them.

Scoring more than 400 against any team in the fourth innings is a mighty task at the best of times, and has only been done a few times before, but having to attempt that task against Australia, you can understand why England will be feeling nervous.

England haven't scored over 400 in a Test Match for a while now and the omens from the first innings aren't confidence inspiring. The top and middle order showed no resistance whatsoever and only the heroics from Collingwood and Bell stopped this match being done and dusted already! However this is sport, and in sport anything can happen, whatever the statistics may say!

England wrap up Aussie innings: Ponting says Chase 399 and you can have this one!

In a rather anti-climatic morning session England finished off the last two Australian wickets with quite some ease, leaving a frustrated Michael Johnson on 12. Clever bowling and sharp fielding kept first Hilfenhaus and then Bollinger facing most of the strike. In the 50 minutes of the Australian innings ending they only managed to score another 13 runs as England kept them at bay.

Once again Anderson and Onions were extremely economical. However Hilfenhaus, who departed after 40 minutes play scoring just 3 runs and was trapped lbw by Onions, and Bollinger frustrated England by blocking and getting away with some real agricultural shots. However the fun was all over when Bollinger edged a Broad delivery for Cook to catch with the utmost ease. Innings over!

England will have made their way to the dressing room with mixed emotions: they had done a great job to keep the Australians at bay, but now the real work was to begin! Join us in ten minutes for the start of the England innings. Don't miss a moment. This has every ingredient to be a classic!

[/COLOR][/FONT]

2ppaog7.jpg
2w4mb0i.jpg

dutchad added 13 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

CCCakumbra

Club Captain
Sorry for going a bit off topic but whats with a lot of members changing their avatars with the shirt and the name on it?

Just find it weird that there are like 5 people at once doing it

:laugh

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Sorry for going a bit off topic but whats with a lot of members changing their avatars with the shirt and the name on it?

They are all members of a cric sim team who play in a league: see the cricsim league threads.....:)

dutchad added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Right, I am about to start on the the England reply. I will be updating every ten overs until the game finishes. I wont be doing all the overs in one stint. I will see how much time I need. I do have a life after all! Keep tuned to find out whether England can pull it off! (Oooh--er!:p)

D

Dutch

2gy94ba.jpg
1z2llyw.jpg

The Ashes 2010: First Test Edgbaston 16th to 20th July 2010
England Lose Cook Early!
19th July 2010
From our Chief Cricket Correspondent Rick Adams

England won the toss and put Australia into bat.

Australia First Innings 412 all out (Ponting 134*, Katich 89) Anderson 4/126, Collingwood 2/2 England First Innings 357 all out off 93.1 overs (Collingwood* 124, Bell 70, Broad 37) Johnson 3/54 Australia Second Innings 343 all out (North 109, Hussey 69) Anderson 3/100, Collingwood 2/24 England Second Innings 35 for 1 (Strauss 14*, Trott 20*) Hilfenhaus 1/22

10 Over Update (Overs 1-10)
Match Time: Day Four First Session 12:38

England began their massive run chase with the worst possible start. Hilfenhaus had Cook caught by Watson in the slips off a lovely out-swinging ball. Cook, in two minds whether to play forward or back, was caught very first ball in no-mans land as he tried to defend the ball as it jumped off one of the many cracks that are now appearing.

The Australians are of course over-joyed and their body language tells you that they are right up for this and feel that they can run through the top order in no time.

Trott and Strauss have been vigilant but also playing their shots. Strauss had commented in the morning before the days play that there was no point going in to your shell and that England would have to be brave to save this match.

Things could have been worse for England as Trott edged one to a diving third slip only for Katich to fumble the ball. It was half chance but a chance that England will be glad of went down.

It is vital that England make it to lunch with out further damage.
We will keep you posted!

Strauss not out 14 runs 38 minutes 28 balls 1 four 0 sixes 50.00 S/R
Cook c. Watson b. Hilfenhaus 0 runs 4 minutes 1 balls 0 four 0 sixes 0.00 S/R
Trott not out 20 runs 34 minutes 32 balls 0 fours 0 sixes 62.50 S/R

Bowling Figures

Hilfenhaus 5 overs 0 maidens 22 runs 1 wicket 4.40 econ. 0 extras
Bollinger 5 overs 1 maidens 13 runs 0 wicket 2.60 econ. 1 extras

Extras: 1nb, 0wd, 0b, 0lb

England trail by 363 runs with 9 wickets in hand

[/COLOR][/FONT]

2ppaog7.jpg
2w4mb0i.jpg

dutchad added 13 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

P

pcfan123

Its only for the cool kids, so that explains why you don't know whats going on :p

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Finally got mine!:D

There once was a lefty called Strauss
He considered himself a bit of a powerhouse
He just kept trying to hook
But only looked like a chook
He felt worse than Broady looked in his blouse!

Dutchad, I think you missed my limerick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread