Ea Fifa 2008

I've already said that i played it on the ps3 version at my mates house. Obviously the only way for me to post a video is off pc but i got the same feeling on the ps3. Unless you want me to go round my mates house however and film it on my phone i obvioulsy and not going to be able to post a video to explain how i feel. But if you're going to ignore what i post maybe i should just go back and delete all of my posts because you don't take any notice of the words in them.

You're obviously not too talented at PES then, i can win easily on 5* on PES 6 using the tactic mentioned above. You dont have to put work into building up the play, if you decide to play the game uber realistically you do but if you want to you can score easily. In the Fifa 08 demo you actually had to build up the play. I was trying to use the PES tactic of just sprinting down the wing and you get nowhere. Goal scoring in the Fifa 08 demo is much more rewarding than on PES. There is no way i will admit that PES is a more realistic game than Fifa. It isnt down to opinion, Fifa is the more realistic game. Fact. Doesnt mean i dont enjoy PES more though.
Of course its down to opinion. unless you can categorically prove that FIFas more realistic (and saying its based on an acrade game doesnt make it so, arcade game or not it feels more like football than fifa) then its opinion. Goal scoring is more rewarding on PES for me, i'm sorry but FIFA goals just are weird. You hav to pass the ball around on PES, on FIfa all i've found myself doing is pass from defence, to a midfielder, out wide, to a forward, to another forward goal. Obviously not that consistently but you get the gist of it. Obviosuly scorings not rewarding if you use cutbacks.

Last edited:
Your a star, say it properly you do!

He's explained it all, the cutbacks and all....btw, I think I said it befor but the FIFA full release has apparently increased player responsivness by 30% or somthing like that.

So the full release seems solid!

PS: KP you used to prefer PES right?

And I'm not a star?:eek:

PES has much better gameplay and they are completely different games, although both on football they aim at different aspects.

They are completely different games, Fifa is more slow paced, more sim based, tougher, more tactical, and demanding, whereas PES is fast paced, intuative, high goalmouth action, and a little too fast. Therefore Fifa provides the more realistic simulation, and its the simulation that we are after. It's like comparing Ace Combat/Blazing Angels to Microsoft Flight Simulator or Ridge Racer to Gran Turismo/Forza. The more arcadey games provide a higher fun factor and maybe seen as a higher quality game compared to the other in some people's eyes but that doesnt make it more realistic. PES is better suited to a videogame as it provides the less realistic, faster paced gameplay, and is perfectly designed and excuted to provide the most enjoyable experience. That doesnt make it more realistic. In my eyes, as a neutral (enjoying both games equally), Fifa is by far the more realistic game. The core gameplay physics mean that it is grittier, slower paced, harder etc, which is closer to the real life game of football. It just seems to me that people are confusing the more fun experience with realism.

Well i'm just going to have to agree to disagree because for me FIFAs much faster for me, in fact thats what a lot of fans have been complaining about it on PES recently. I just find passing so much faster in FIFA with every player, making it less realistic. I would say banging in goals like i do on FIFA is more fun and not realistic but then you find that unusual whilst apparently you bang in goals on PES which i find odd. I guess it could be to do with the perspective you play the game from like I pretty much always play as a top side and spend ages on formations on PES.

It is amusing that people who play PES are calling FIFA 08 a re-release of FIFA 06. These people are the least well placed to make such statements since there is virtually no difference between PES 4 and PES 6.

Well i'm just going to have to agree to disagree because for me FIFAs much faster for me, in fact thats what a lot of fans have been complaining about it on PES recently. I just find passing so much faster in FIFA with every player, making it less realistic. I would say banging in goals like i do on FIFA is more fun and not realistic but then you find that unusual whilst apparently you bang in goals on PES which i find odd. I guess it could be to do with the perspective you play the game from like I pretty much always play as a top side and spend ages on formations on PES.

And probaly vice versa in this case. Why can't someone just open a PES v FIFA thread as every other thread on one or the other will be bombarded.
Regarding the thread topic of Fifa 08 I think I will get it just don't know what console I will get it on wether it is PS2 or PSP as I am not sure abotu PC. I tlooks quite good but yet to play the demo. Will probaly(hopefully) play tomorow night when I have the time unlike tonight.

:cheers (These smilies suck)

It is amusing that people who play PES are calling FIFA 08 a re-release of FIFA 06. These people are the least well placed to make such statements since there is virtually no difference between PES 4 and PES 6.
Well, to be honest, PES had realistic and unscripted gameplay at the start of that, unlike FIFA. Whats FIFA added since then? New grass texture or a new goalkeeping system, where it acts the same as before?

Last edited:
i think the vry fact that punk, Lee and Usy are the only ones defending FIFA says it all. Even more so when you condider the fact that people who prefer PES are the people who actually watch football matches in the ground regularly. The facts are people who watch more football prefer PES, I think that shows which one has the more accurate gameplay

I deeply respect your opinion although I may not agree with it, but sorry it?s kinda of getting annoying now, please don?t discuss who watches more football or who is a better fan of Football his or is it him, because you end up arguing for no good reason. I love this game and I follow my teams regularly if I don?t get a chance to watch it. I?m sure it?s the same with Lee and Punk. And Millions of other FIFA buyers. Respect

We like playing it so we play it. Nothing to fight about :).

Peace up.

Well, to be honest, PES had realistic and unscripted gameplay at the start of that, unlike FIFA. Whats FIFA added since then? New grass texture or a new goalkeeping system, where it acts the same as before?

You should be discouraging about these kind of talks on this thread, Mr Staff.. :rolleyes:!!

Last edited:
yes they are but's not a PES VS FIFA thread,... it's is about FIFA 08, not "who likes football better Joe or Usy"... I mean.... e....

To be fair though I doubt you'll ever stop these discussions taking place especially whilst theres no actual thread for fifa V PES only for fifa 07 v PES 6 iirc

Liking PES more than FIFA doesn't make you any more of a football fan, and anyone who says so should be ashamed of themselves as it's absolute rubbish.

It is down to personal preference, you should stop trying to get FIFA players to change their opinions and scrutinise them whenever you get the chance. FIFA players are largely avid football fans who enjoy playing a simulation of the sport.

Yeah, I don't mind if someone says PES is Better then FIFA, but saying PES fan is a better football fan is plain wrong.. it's out of line.

I can't believe Fifa is being called more realistic than Pro.

All you have to do on Fifa is play a long ball which you are basically guaranteed to win, hold it up, pass and score. Works every time.

In Pro, you have to use all of the pitch and the same goal wont happen every time.

PES may seen arcadey to some of you but that's because it's gameplay is more fluent and accessible and basically better than Fifa. It's a proper football game.

There is a massive realism difference between Fifa and PES. Fifa is a realistic football simulator, PES is an arcade football simulator. If anyone claims that PES is realistic they are a plank. PES is very far from realistic. In real pro football, you cant just run up the wing, cut back, run into the box, cut the ball back and score......every time. Pes is a cracking game, but very very far from realistic. The games appeal to different people, PES appeals to people who want a fairly realistic but fun football game, whereas Fifa appeals to people who want pure realism. It's only the bugs that stop Fifa from being really realistic. PES is not more realistic than Fifa.

This is the perfect reply.

Now I dont hate FIFA or love it, I love PES. I will play FIFA 08 because of manager mode and the fact that its a new football game.

I bet all you "PES Fanboys" as you English guys are calling it will play it as well. As Punk said, play the 360 version please!

Users who are viewing this thread