Ea Fifa 2008

If it is a lost cuase why are you still saying this then?
Perhaps, he's trying to stop other FIFA fans before they stupidly surrender their money to EA for a 2nd re-make of FIFA 06.

What Joe's saying is true. Going to football matches is so much different and helps you understand the differences between the realism of FIFA and Pro Evo.

Precisly my point, pfft all I know is in a real match Portugal wouldnt have 70% possesion over Spain.

Also you are talking about the PC version Fox which is just pointless as that game is just nothing to do with football...

There is a massive realism difference between Fifa and PES. Fifa is a realistic football simulator, PES is an arcade football simulator. If anyone claims that PES is realistic they are a plank. PES is very far from realistic. In real pro football, you cant just run up the wing, cut back, run into the box, cut the ball back and score......every time. Pes is a cracking game, but very very far from realistic. The games appeal to different people, PES appeals to people who want a fairly realistic but fun football game, whereas Fifa appeals to people who want pure realism. It's only the bugs that stop Fifa from being really realistic. PES is not more realistic than Fifa.

There is a massive realism difference between Fifa and PES. Fifa is a realistic football simulator, PES is an arcade football simulator. If anyone claims that PES is realistic they are a plank. PES is very far from realistic. In real pro football, you cant just run up the wing, cut back, run into the box, cut the ball back and score......every time. Pes is a cracking game, but very very far from realistic. The games appeal to different people, PES appeals to people who want a fairly realistic but fun football game, whereas Fifa appeals to people who want pure realism. It's only the bugs that stop Fifa from being really realistic. PES is not more realistic than Fifa.

Your a star, say it properly you do!

He's explained it all, the cutbacks and all....btw, I think I said it befor but the FIFA full release has apparently increased player responsivness by 30% or somthing like that.

So the full release seems solid!

PS: KP you used to prefer PES right?

I havent played PES 08, so i cannot judge yet. But i certainly enjoy the Fifa 08 demo. PES 6 > Fifa 07, but i like both. Judging by the reviews i've read from the people i trust, it seems i will prefer Fifa 08 more. Of course i cannot judge until i've played both games.

I havent played PES 08, so i cannot judge yet. But i certainly enjoy the Fifa 08 demo. PES 6 > Fifa 07, but i like both. Judging by the reviews i've read from the people i trust, it seems i will prefer Fifa 08 more. Of course i cannot judge until i've played both games.

Well I thought you were talking about PES2008 in your last post lol, when you said arcady and about the cutbacks.

Because thats exactly how it is way too fast, you can still run up the wing and cutback into the box and most of the time score...it's a shame it's become some arcade game over a year.

I never played a PES games but Fifa 08 is looking better then PES 2008
because of all the features like single mode

Yeah apparently the FIFA08 demo isnt even a shade of the full release.

And Fox, are you playing on the PC if so then I agree but with the 360 there's no chance in hell you can go past the defence with ease!

Pinguesten, it's Joe who's doing all the verbal abuse, doesnt matter though...
I've played it on he ps3 as i've said earlier, and i find it fairly abusive to be called a liar.
If it is a lost cuase why are you still saying this then?
because if we don't disagree with him he'll go round convinving eveybody else that fifa i better which means that tehy'll pay for osmething not as good.

PES isn't realistic? Every FIFA i buy i can be winning the games by 4 or 5 after about a week of playing whilst on PES I rarely beat any top sides by more than 2 goals if i play it on a proper difficulty, goals on PES feel 10X more rewarding too. You have to put so much more work into building it up, you get pressurised in the midfield whilst on FIFA if you do you just quickly move the ball about and it becomes an easy get out, not like on PES where you find passes go astray unless you are positioned right and aware of where your going. The cut backs is a problem, every PES fan will admit that is a big downfall and ruins online play but you can simply choose not to do it and play it realistically. On PES if you have the wrong formation chances are you won't win, whilst on FIFA you don't have to worry, its all about how good your team is. Theres many other points but no doubt those will be lies too because i'm a liar.

As I said, I thought you were lying because it was odd that you one out of lets say a million found the game so very easy whilst everyone else around the nations been struggling with it.

I agree with the formation. I don't think i've ever bothered changing it at the start of a game because no matter what, the midfield is always empty; Same with the demo.

Well I thought you were talking about PES2008 in your last post lol, when you said arcady and about the cutbacks.

Because thats exactly how it is way too fast, you can still run up the wing and cutback into the box and most of the time score...it's a shame it's become some arcade game over a year.

Pes 6 originated from ISS, which was an actual arcade game, it uses the core gameplay from that. They're both made by Konami and are pretty much the same game but PES has licenses and stuff, so the core gameplay of PES has always been arcade orientated. It has gotten much more realistic as the series has developed, and from what i've been reading it has taken various elements and improved on them. For example, certain players feel different to each other, so Ronaldo feels like Ronaldo when in possession, and Henry holds all the abilities that he does in real life. That's what i've read anyway. However, it does seem that the core gameplay has stayed the same and not progressed in terms of realism. This could hint that the developers are happy with what they have and decided to focus on the extra features that were missing from the Next Gen version of PES6. PES has by no means become an arcade game over a year, the core gameplay has always been very arcade based.

Time will tell though, i need to play PES 08 before i judge the game and make any assumptions about it. Last year i felt the same before playing PES, i really enjoyed the Fifa 07 demo and thought i'd prefer the full game, but after a while the bugs over-ruled the positives and i preferred PES 6. As i said, time will tell, but it seems more and more likely that i will prefer Fifa 08 this year.

Last edited:
btw, I think I said it befor but the FIFA full release has apparently increased player responsivness by 30% or somthing like that.

So the full release seems solid!

PS: KP you used to prefer PES right?

I hope this is right, because the responsiveness right now is.......urghhh !

As I said, I thought you were lying because it was odd that you one out of lets say a million found the game so very easy whilst everyone else around the nations been struggling with it.
Doesn't change the fact you think I'm a liar. Whats the point of lying? Why would i lie to make PES a better game, I've had a copy of nearly every FIFA for a few years and i'll probably get this one too although i doubt i'll pay for it :D so its not like i'm trying to defend where i'm spending my money, its just the case that i'm telling you what it felt like when i played the game. If you want I could post a video off fraps but no doubt that would be some elaborate lie.

Yeah but ISS pwned!

Anyway the thing about Ronaldo feels like Ronaldo etc, that's not true at all, I felt with FIFA08 Henry felt, moved and of course looked like Henry was on the ball but PES everyone seems the same...

Doesn't change the fact you think I'm a liar. Whats the point of lying? Why would i lie to make PES a better game, I've had a copy of nearly every FIFA for a few years and i'll probably get this one too although i doubt i'll pay for it :D so its not like i'm trying to defend where i'm spending my money, its just the case that i'm telling you what it felt like when i played the game. If you want I could post a video off fraps but no doubt that would be some elaborate lie.

Another point, I also thought you were talking about the 360 version, I've figured your not talking about the 360 version because you can't use fraps on that!

:)

Last edited:
PES isn't realistic? Every FIFA i buy i can be winning the games by 4 or 5 after about a week of playing whilst on PES I rarely beat any top sides by more than 2 goals if i play it on a proper difficulty, goals on PES feel 10X more rewarding too. You have to put so much more work into building it up, you get pressurised in the midfield whilst on FIFA if you do you just quickly move the ball about and it becomes an easy get out, not like on PES where you find passes go astray unless you are positioned right and aware of where your going. The cut backs is a problem, every PES fan will admit that is a big downfall and ruins online play but you can simply choose not to do it and play it realistically. On PES if you have the wrong formation chances are you won't win, whilst on FIFA you don't have to worry, its all about how good your team is. Theres many other points but no doubt those will be lies too because i'm a liar.

You're obviously not too talented at PES then, i can win easily on 5* on PES 6 using the tactic mentioned above. You dont have to put work into building up the play, if you decide to play the game uber realistically you do but if you want to you can score easily. In the Fifa 08 demo you actually had to build up the play. I was trying to use the PES tactic of just sprinting down the wing and you get nowhere. Goal scoring in the Fifa 08 demo is much more rewarding than on PES. There is no way i will admit that PES is a more realistic game than Fifa. It isnt down to opinion, Fifa is the more realistic game. Fact. Doesnt mean i dont enjoy PES more though.

Users who are viewing this thread