Ea Fifa 2008

hey but i'm gonne play PC version :p, stop me if you can.. lol.. kidding

all you idiots who say play it on the 360, not everyone can just pop in their room and load an XBOX360 up.

all you idiots who say play it on the 360, not everyone can just pop in their room and load an XBOX360 up.

Well then all the idiots who talk about how it's crap should stop asuming it's the same as current gen right?

Well i'm just going to have to agree to disagree because for me FIFAs much faster for me, in fact thats what a lot of fans have been complaining about it on PES recently. I just find passing so much faster in FIFA with every player, making it less realistic. I would say banging in goals like i do on FIFA is more fun and not realistic but then you find that unusual whilst apparently you bang in goals on PES which i find odd. I guess it could be to do with the perspective you play the game from like I pretty much always play as a top side and spend ages on formations on PES.

Your baffling me honestly, if you think FIFA is fast on the PS3/360 then you must be on some speed drugs or somthing.

Everyone on earth knows it's the slowest footy game out on next-gen, current-gen I totally agree with you, it's fast the ball flys around and it's easy to knock in goals. But that certainly is not the case on the next-gen consoles.

Also I've owned PES6 on both 360 and PC and I must say it's a 3 pass route if you look at it (of course when it came out I thought it was the best out there, which it was) basically what I mean is.......Defence>Midfielder>Striker>Shoot!

Theres no real build up in PES if you think about it it's much more the arcade sim as KP said.

Last edited:
PES a 3 pass route? Thats impossible, if your lucky you might be able to get i n a long range shot after 3 passes but thats pretty much guaranteed to go into the stands

PES a 3 pass route? Thats impossible, if your lucky you might be able to get i n a long range shot after 3 passes but thats pretty much guaranteed to go into the stands

Well okay it's not as simple as I put it, but it's 3 passes then a bit off passing around the edge of the box and you can get a shot in....a decent shot in!

:D

Uhh, no. Iam struggling to score goals in the Master League on Regular mode! Maybe because this OF I downloaded has all keepers attributes increased so its harder to score;) Bloody annoying how a Rooney thunderbolt is saved everytime - not all that realistic:(

Uhh, no. Iam struggling to score goals in the Master League on Regular mode! Maybe because this OF I downloaded has all keepers attributes increased so its harder to score;) Bloody annoying how a Rooney thunderbolt is saved everytime - not all that realistic:(

No it's not that realistic when you have all the keepers attributes at full!

(Nice sig btw, Hooper).

Hang on, I cant believe what I'm hearing about FIFA being the more realistic game, to me its the opposite way around. PES is so more the real football game, with realism, FIFA trys to dazzle with the graphics, but proper football fans should worry about the gameplay, which is sooo much better on PES.

I overheard a couple of chavs talking about whether to get FIFA the other day, "I think I might get FIFA because its got all the new kits and it's got the new Wayneeeee Rooney boots". Dont waste the family income on that chavs, there's more to life, like food.

EDIT: Well picked up on Jaz. Good observation skills you got there.

Last edited:
Hang on, I cant believe what I'm hearing about FIFA being the more realistic game, to me its the opposite way around. PES is so more the real football game, with realism, FIFA trys to dazzle with the graphics, but proper football fans should worry about the gameplay, which is sooo much better on PES.

I overheard a couple of chavs talking about whether to get FIFA the other day, "I think I might get FIFA because its got all the new kits and it's got the new Wayneeeee Rooney boots". Dont waste the family income on that chavs, there's more to life, like food.

Well picked up on Jaz. Good observation skills you got there.

Read the sig....

Yeah your right about FIFA not being realistic.....on the PC plus check out PES2008 totally unrealistic if it's aiming to be a simulation of football...

EDIT: Well picked up on Jaz. Good observation skills you got there.

Well they seem to be better than yours then.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Read the sig....

Yeah your right about FIFA not being realistic.....on the PC plus check out PES2008 totally unrealistic if it's aiming to be a simulation of football...

I've checked out PES2008 on the PC. And it beats FIFA in realism by a big margin.

Read the sig....

I gotta laugh at your sig, the view is void but still quite funny I must admit:p

It's not a completely different game on PC compared to XBOX360, you can't tell me they go around making different codes for different formats of the same game. There'll be better graphics on the Next gen consoles of it, but thats to be expected.

Well they seem to be better than yours then.:rolleyes:
Eh? I struggle to see what your going on about to be honest. I was being sarcastic, where as you were pointing out that a thread named "FIFA 2008" was a thread about FIFA 2008.

I gotta laugh at your sig, the view is void but still quite funny I must admit:p

It's not a completely different game on PC compared to XBOX360, you can't tell me they go around making different codes for different formats of the same game. There'll be better graphics on the Next gen consoles of it, but thats to be expected.

Well there's where you're wrong. Having played the PC version before experiencing the PS3 version there is a definite difference in gameplay. It may not be a completely different engine but there are differences. This isnt just me saying it, but it is from the developers. These are the features that have been implemented or improved on in the 360 and PS3 versions:

* When a player shoots there will be infinite aspects affecting where the ball will end up; air speed and resistance, the pressure on the player from defenders, the position they are in, and what speed and direction they are moving for examples.

* Players possibly have endless animations, and react realistically to situations, even if the ball is not near them.

* There are reported to be few glitches, such as: Players won't run through goalposts, they will go around or stop themselves (the same with boards around the field).

* Players won't run through each other, instead they will fall over each other or move out of the way.

* Players will jostle for the ball, it's no longer a case of just pressing a button to tackle, the player has to take into account other players on the field and possible options for the opposing player with the ball.

* Passing is no longer as easy as just ground passing, lobbed balls and through-balls will play a much bigger role in moving up the field successfully, as do skill moves.

* Skill moves are fluent, and animations run into each other, instead of being stopped and changed.

* Matches are more atmospheric with improved crowd animations, stadium announcements, and improved graphics for both players and stadiums.

I know for a fact due to having played both the versions of the game that none of the above features are evident in the PC version of the game. There is a definite difference between the 2 versions.

Users who are viewing this thread