Ea Fifa 2008

I think that "Be a Pro" feature sounds better than it actually is.
Right, you choose a player and play as them all game? (You can do that in PES anyway...). You end up running round needlessly running for the ball all game and losing your stamina needlessly, as soon as you get the ball, you are pressured and have to pass it and you don't get the ball that much. I would imagine this would get boring after a while.

On PC, Fifa 08 is a very very poor game, it is almost identical to Fifa 07.
On next-gen consoles, it is at least enjoyable and quite realistic, supposedly.

I thought it would be like that, but the match I played with it wasn't. When the player is off the ball, he can call for it, and the action is never too far away.

Remember that game Liberogrande and how bad it was? Exactly.

The only time when playing as one player on a pitch during a football game works is in real life.

No, you're wrong. It works, very very well. Liberogrande was crap, it was a crap engine and the idea was poorly executed. Considering this is Ea's first attempt at the game mode it is very very good. You're constantly in the action, whether it be via defending or attacking, you can call for the ball and it's really satisfying when you play a part in a successful team move. It's much better than i thought it would be.

You can call for the ball in PES' cursor fix mode too.

Agreed. In a video game, all the fun of the team moves, one touch passing etc is lost, the AI has 10/11 control of the match.

I never said you couldn't call for the ball in the lesser game, I did say that you can call for the ball in FIFA 08 which eliminates the mindless and unnecessary running around.

Well All I had to say to that I enjoy playing this game, it's the best Fifa so far
and the be a pro mode is really good I enjoy it alot:)

I think that "Be a Pro" feature sounds better than it actually is.
Right, you choose a player and play as them all game? (You can do that in PES anyway...). You end up running round needlessly running for the ball all game and losing your stamina needlessly, as soon as you get the ball, you are pressured and have to pass it and you don't get the ball that much. I would imagine this would get boring after a while.

On PC, Fifa 08 is a very very poor game, it is almost identical to Fifa 07.
On next-gen consoles, it is at least enjoyable and quite realistic, supposedly.

Why can't these retards give the PC the same game as the consoles get?? We always get some second hand cast-off!

Why can't these retards give the PC the same game as the consoles get?? We always get some second hand cast-off!
well the simple anwer is ....buy a console because PC are not really for games
so thats why they made consoles ..so thats why they spend more time on the console then on PC because they don't care about PC so buy a console and you will be fine.:rolleyes:

high end PC >>>>>>> Consoles...

try playing company of heroes or world in conflict on a console...

CRAP

9/10 times a new PC for gaming is made its twice as good as a xbox360 or PS3 anyway,,.. who knows why they don't put "next-gen" on a PC???? or they too scared that theres to many fools with a cruddy PC still going a around? and want sell good??? or WHAT??

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'Be A Pro' mode is an attempt (and by the sounds of it a feeble one) by EA to add something new to their games, because they know realistically they have fallen behind the gameplay and popularity of Pro Evo. They needed to do something different or else risk releasing the same game as 07 with just updated team stats and kits.

Ive given my opinion on Fifa 08 and although I am as of yet not drastically impressed by PES2008, it is that which I shall still be spending my money on, purely because after playing both demos, PES is much more smoother and gameplay wise a lot better.

EA need to stick to making games their good at, and stay away from Football and Cricket, because right now their only selling games based upon their reputation and practically everyone has heard of them worldwide.

meh @ the "gameplay" of PES, it can be improved... and however better it is than FIFA 07/08 in some areas its not better in everyway. TBH i find the FIFA gameplay more enjoyable for me, as its faster paced, action packed, hard, and something i really enjoy for a pick up and play... not to mention the atmosphere of FIFA >>>>>>>> PES atmosphere.... and the manager mode is fun too..

i am no means a fanboy of FIFA and i love PES just as much, but each has there flaws, and each has there pros....\

if i want a fun game of footy with a fun atmosphere i'll play FIFA, if i want a hardcore simulation with a foreign feeling i'll play PES.

Users who are viewing this thread