Ea Fifa 2008

Aye, they completely ruin the game. What's worse is that they've been like that since 06. I used to absolutely adore the FIFA titels because they were a good game of football, but nowadays it's just not. The ball physics really do ruin the game and only die hard FIFA fanboys can deny that they are abysmal.

Also, the shooting. It's majorly screwed.

The shooting isnt bad, if you let the shooting meter get up to the red line it messes up, you need to stop it before it gets to red and it'll go where you want. Personally i notice nothing wrong with the ball physics, but i am not overlly picky when it comes to games, especially if it's not blindingly obvious, which it isnt to me. I am no Fifa fanboy, but Fifa 08 is a good game, no doubts about it, Matt just seems to hate everything that isnt PES, Test Cricket or Indie Music. :p

That's pretty much true, but it touches a nerve when FIFA fans say that PES's ball physics are sucky when they are playing a game that represents playing football in a boggy swamp.

And let's face it, Emo's are a bunch of pasty faced gimps who listen to crap wannabe pop princess pretender rockstars whilst slitting their wrists and being the lowest form of life on earth. It's a well known fact that Emo is crap and the people who disagree are the ones with no genitalia. FACT.

The shooting isnt bad, if you let the shooting meter get up to the red line it messes up, you need to stop it before it gets to red and it'll go where you want. Personally i notice nothing wrong with the ball physics, but i am not overlly picky when it comes to games, especially if it's not blindingly obvious, which it isnt to me. I am no Fifa fanboy, but Fifa 08 is a good game, no doubts about it, Matt just seems to hate everything that isnt PES, Test Cricket or Indie Music. :p

Your just like me and you sum up my thoughts perfectly....I have the exact or very close to exact same views as you!

That's pretty much true, but it touches a nerve when FIFA fans say that PES's ball physics are sucky when they are playing a game that represents playing football in a boggy swamp.

And let's face it, Emo's are a bunch of pasty faced gimps who listen to crap wannabe pop princess pretender rockstars whilst slitting their wrists and being the lowest form of life on earth. It's a well known fact that Emo is crap and the people who disagree are the ones with no genitalia. FACT.

I don't even know what emo's are anymore everyones starting to look the same. Although there are the blatantly obvious punk/emo guys....that reminds me I should dchange my name to Pink_Sk8r as I'm not even the slightest bit a punk.....

Not quite fact. Chavs are the lowest form of life on earth. Observers of the Gothic era aren't destructive and brain dead.

Depends what you mean by Chavs. If you are one of these idiots that thinks chavs are just people who hang around chatting and listening to gangster rap, then you're wrong, Emo's are worse, and they arent chavs. If you are talking about real chavs who steal, shout abuse at people and listen to gangster rap then i agree. Depends what your definition of chav is.

Too true. How do you understand what they're saying in the songs? :mad

well i wont comment on emos *coughgodiecough*

anyway!!!, i bought the game today on the 360 and ive got mixed reactions.

Since ive been playing pro evo for the majority of this year, my first reaction on fifa08 is that it was like controlling a freaking bus, still doesnt feel like im in total control. But its a major improvement over last years pathetic attempt. I'm really liking the 'be a pro' feature, its pretty damn fun, except i can see it wearing off easily. But the new game engine is certainly heading in the right direction, all animations look silky smooth and it really does look like a real fluint game of football.

gameplay 6.5/10

its slowly getting there, considering i would of gave fifa07 about a 2/10

graphics 8/10

i somewhat expected better graphics, players still look a little weird as if their rugby players, and the sweat just looks terrible, but on field movement looks superb. Stadiums look fantastic (apart from the weird 3d crowd)

lasting appeal 9/10

Fifa strong point, theres enough modes in here to keep you occupied for ever. Especialy if you play online, itl be amaaaaaazing

overall 7.5/10 - the gap between PES and FIFA is closing, the only thing keeping PES nose in front is the control you have over the players, apart from that, fifa would be winning by a mile.

Last edited:
Good review. Not bad, unbiased. What platform?
Next Gen I think..

Oh and did anybody use the "FIFA4FANS patch for FIFA07?

Good review. Not bad, unbiased. What platform?
Next Gen I think..

Oh and did anybody use the "FIFA4FANS patch for FIFA07?

Yes....I think you'll find I was part of that patch, made some kits for the English Premiership Patch...:D

Yes....I think you'll find I was part of that patch, made some kits for the English Premiership Patch...:D
Oh wow, good on ya, Iam downloading it now. Is it really good? (Be honest, not just because you made some of the kits:D).

Oh wow, good on ya, Iam downloading it now. Is it really good? (Be honest, not just because you made some of the kits:D).

Pfft it's bloody awsome mate, all my kit's are the best lol...kidding!

Nah it's your average patch if good if your going to play premier league of course give it a go I say....:cheers

Yeah, fair enough. Thanks mate. Iam just going to upgrade my FIFA07. Not going to buy the 08 game for PC considering its basically the same as 07 apparently.

Well I obtained the game.

Looks like 07
FIFA082007-10-1317-44-22-82.jpg

Faces and players (graphic wise) are the same as 07
FIFA082007-10-1317-38-22-56.jpg

Crowds are like Cricket 07
FIFA082007-10-1317-38-26-46.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread