Ea Fifa 2008

I've just got this on PC (I know it's meant to be crap etc...) and I cannot find a season mode for normal play. Is there one and where is it?
In Game Modes pick Manager or Tournament Mode to play a single tourney (like the Premier League) or pick a team to manage in your career.

I returned my faulty PS2 game (it was scratched, so meh) to K-Mart because they were the only ones who would do it without a receipt (I got it at JB Hi Fi), and then took the new game to EB Games in the same centre to swap it for the PC version since it was now working.

Who plays online on PC? I would love to show Matt and Will how it's done at a sport I insist on calling soccer and have seen one live match of.

By the way, where does everyone get patches from? What's the best site for it?

Cheers, I'm in Manager Mode now, Ipswich are 3rd in the Championship after the first month of the season...

#Promotion here we come...# :p

Soccer Gaming seem to have patches, but I haven't tried any out. If you go "Check for Updates" in the Start Menu folder for FIFA then it should take you to the EA update page, and there are two there. I'm not sure what they do though...

They update the roster and possibly fix a few bugs, but there's no face packs or fixes for dodgy roster things, so I'd prefer to find a PC like FIFA 08 site.

I've been getting a bit annoyed with FIFA, especially online recently. Firstly, nearly everyone on quick play online mode plays as Barcelona, for example someone today, who obviously supported Celtic (his name and automatic club gave it away) changed to Barca as soon as he saw me as United. I mean if they support a lower league club, then I can kinda see the logic, but it just really annoys me. Also, the response time for a pass to go through after I press the button seems to be getting longer and longer. Finally, I've been having problems and I've heard about others too, with my crowd going missing in each game until I turn the PS3 off. It's still addictive online, but its been bugging me.

Sounds like some 'exclusive to bug to PS3 only' to me, works fine on the 360!

:p

I've never had any problems like that. I have been turned off online mode by people playing as Barcelona and scoring loads of own goals when things aren't going their way.

I'm taking Luton to the Champions League hopefully, I'm up 2nd in League One after a few months of the season. I did lose to Macclesfield in the Carling Cup and then lost two league games in a row, so I'm moving back up now after a slip.

I played some French guy yesterday. I invited him to a game. I chose Arsenal as always and I expected him to choose some French team like Auxerre or Marseille. But no, he chose Barca. The connection cut out before we could play, though.

So, I invited an Englishman next match. I chose Arsenal again. He chose Barca. I'm F4k1n annoyed at this point. We start the game. He passes the ball to Henry, runs to the right flank of my box, cuts it back for Eto'o. 1-0. I equalise with a proper goal with Van Persie. Everytime I get the ball and start to run forward, he slides and fouls me. This happens about 15 times! I was so tempted to quit the game everytime he did this and my frustration was compounded when he scored again. If onl;y I could message him to tell him what a gloryhuntng, cheating prick he was.

In my last game, I played another Brit. He didn't choose Barca! I was leaping about. I was Arsenal, he was Man U. I swept him aside :cool: 15 shots on target to his 2. VDS saved about 7 consecutive shots in the last 5 minutes! The ball never left the penalty box!

Yeah, Barca are so annoying. I beat them with Newcastle once, wonderful Geremi free-kick from 20 yards was the only goal. How he fumed on the mic!

I've just cleaned my room and found at least 40 socks and 20 hangers.

Anyway, who wants a game?

Yeah, Barca are so annoying. I beat them with Newcastle once, wonderful Geremi free-kick from 20 yards was the only goal. How he fumed on the mic!

When I used to play 07 online, I was always glad I didn't have a mic, I was such a bad winner, and got very frustrated very quickly lol

I bought FIFA 08 on Thursday and I must admit it is better than PES.

On the Barca issue, I beat them with Spurs, Newcastle and Charlton! Ha!

Boom. It is quite loud fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifa Commentary is quite awful. First of all, a lot of lines are 5 seconds late. A few examples of the commentators being well of the amrk are:

Martin Tyler announcing a goal kick when the ball is still in play.
Martin Tyler claiming a penalty has been blasted into the roof of the net when it was side-footed into the bottom corner.
The commentators never announcing a booking until about 10 seconds after it's been given.

There are more that I can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread