Ea Fifa 2008

Fifa Commentary is quite awful. First of all, a lot of lines are 5 seconds late. A few examples of the commentators being well of the amrk are:

Martin Tyler announcing a goal kick when the ball is still in play.
Martin Tyler claiming a penalty has been blasted into the roof of the net when it was side-footed into the bottom corner.
The commentators never announcing a booking until about 10 seconds after it's been given.

There are more that I can't remember.
Fifa commentary is as crazy as the spamming in the Downright Donkeys thread.

Fifa commentary is as crazy as the spamming in the Downright Donkeys thread.

Somehow, I don't see the connection.

Rob, maybe it would be realistic if players of lesser attacking ability took longer to pass the ball but even players like Henry and Ronaldinho struggle. It's not realistic at all. It takes way too long.

Btw, that was a really balanced analysis of Fifa and Pro (!)

Moving on, I was just beating my friend online as Brentford. He was Barca since he was bored of choosing Man U 7 times in a row. It was 1-0 at Half - time and I was dominating until my connection cut out.

My Dad's TV is boss. 37" HD. Holy Schmoly! I scored a brilliant goal on it earlier, Gerrard from about 35 yards. \o/

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm!"

I was beating someone 5-0 and he quit. After every goal, I was waiting for him to do something stupid like score a deliberate OG so it was no surprise when he left.

Fifa Commentary is quite awful. First of all, a lot of lines are 5 seconds late. A few examples of the commentators being well of the amrk are:

Martin Tyler announcing a goal kick when the ball is still in play.
Martin Tyler claiming a penalty has been blasted into the roof of the net when it was side-footed into the bottom corner.
The commentators never announcing a booking until about 10 seconds after it's been given.

There are more that I can't remember.

But the thing is, is that PES commentary is still far worse

I was beating someone 5-0 and he quit. After every goal, I was waiting for him to do something stupid like score a deliberate OG so it was no surprise when he left.

That's nothing. I beat our very own Duffman 9-1 a few nights ago :D

So does anyone here have FIFA 08 on PC? Why are you all better than me with next gen!?!?!?!?

I agree Barcelona people are glory hunters. I don't even have a Spanish team, but if I did it would not be Barcelona.

Also Will, who the hell would purposely score own goals?

And additionally, I wouldn't exactly call sliding cheating, it's a good strategy really. I do it when someone is going to get clear through.

So does anyone here have FIFA 08 on PC? Why are you all better than me with next gen!?!?!?!?

I agree Barcelona people are glory hunters. I don't even have a Spanish team, but if I did it would not be Barcelona.

And additionally, I wouldn't exactly call sliding cheating, it's a good strategy really. I do it when someone is going to get clear through.

I do! Didnt bother, turned out to be exactly like my FIFA07 PS2!

But the thing is, is that PES commentary is still far worse

How? It's on time. It's not filled with random comments and they use actual names more often than Fifa rather than saying' the player...'

The same person that knows the match is lost and quits.

Sliding isn't cheating at all. Deliberately fouling to stop a player getting through is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread