Ea Fifa 2008

I had the most nerve wracking game ive had in my life on manager mode. I am playing as MK DONS and Middlesbrough scored first by an excellent header. I set my tactics to All Out Attack and then the CPU nearly went up 2-0 but saved and cleared and then the forwards went up on goal and i passed it in the centre i tried to get a foot but i failed. While that was happening i tried to hit it and the goalkeeper tried to hit it and the fullback tried to hit it and all the feet clashed and the defender got the most foot on it to go to a own goal 1-1. i suffered 60 minutes of absolute torture. Then came Extra time and i had one good chance but nothing like theirs. At the last minute they hit a shot from outside the box the keeper got a hand on it and it spun and if it bounced it was going to go in. But my defender JUST saved it off the line. So there came penalties MK DONS SCORED1-0 then Middlesbrough missed so it was 1-0 and i scored the next 4 to seal it and i won the penalty shootout 5-3(they only missed one kick and i started the penalties first, so they didnt get their last kick.)

MK DONS MATCH FACTS MIDDLESBROUGH
1 GOALS 1
6 SHOTS 21
6 SHOTS ON TARGET 16
27 TACKLES 18
4 FOULS 2
1 YELLOW CARDS 0
0 RED CARDS 0
0 INJURIES 0
0 OFFSIDES 2
0 CORNERS 11
35% POSSESSION 65%

So im through to the Quarter Finals of the F.A. CUP and im playing Everton and fellow Socceroo Tim Cahill.

EDIT:This is on difficulty of World Class.

Last edited:
I had the most nerve wracking game ive had in my life on manager mode. I am playing as MK DONS and Middlesbrough scored first by an excellent header. I set my tactics to All Out Attack and then the CPU nearly went up 2-0 but saved and cleared and then the forwards went up on goal and i passed it in the centre i tried to get a foot but i failed. While that was happening i tried to hit it and the goalkeeper tried to hit it and the fullback tried to hit it and all the feet clashed and the defender got the most foot on it to go to a own goal 1-1. i suffered 60 minutes of absolute torture. Then came Extra time and i had one good chance but nothing like theirs. At the last minute they hit a shot from outside the box the keeper got a hand on it and it spun and if it bounced it was going to go in. But my defender JUST saved it off the line. So there came penalties MK DONS SCORED1-0 then Middlesbrough missed so it was 1-0 and i scored the next 4 to seal it and i won the penalty shootout 5-3(they only missed one kick and i started the penalties first, so they didnt get their last kick.)

MK DONS MATCH FACTS MIDDLESBROUGH
1 GOALS 1
6 SHOTS 21
6 SHOTS ON TARGET 16
27 TACKLES 18
4 FOULS 2
1 YELLOW CARDS 0
0 RED CARDS 0
0 INJURIES 0
0 OFFSIDES 2
0 CORNERS 11
35% POSSESSION 65%

So im through to the Quarter Finals of the F.A. CUP and im playing Everton and fellow Socceroo Tim Cahill.

EDIT:This is on difficulty of World Class.
Good match, but Ive had better nail-biters on PES5 playing as Australia in the WC Knockout stages.

Good match, but Ive had better nail-biters on PES5 playing as Australia in the WC Knockout stages.

But you dont know what the atmosphere and the commentary is like in Fifa. I was so nervous i couldnt even pass it up the field and get a possiblity of scoring i was kicking it out of the box so many times.
BTW how did you go with Australia?

But you dont know what the atmosphere and the commentary is like in Fifa. I was so nervous i couldnt even pass it up the field and get a possiblity of scoring i was kicking it out of the box so many times.
BTW how did you go with Australia?
I don't like Clive much. And yeah, I have played the WC with Australia on Pro Evo (I took the time to actually make the proper WC groups) about 5 times. If I can remember two of them times I didn't pass the groups, I got knocked out in the Final 16 by Netherlands one time, lost to Brazil in the Semis then won the whole thing against Germany:)

is Tim Cahill any good growth maybe i should buy him ;)?

just like FIFA 07.. I am addicted to manager mode of FIFA 08. I'll play another 10 seasons ..

when i go to play a frendly game makes a buzzing noise tryd 5 times completely pos me

Why are you back? :(

Anyway, I'm still loving Fifa. I scored an absolute BEAUTY with Giggs earlier. Ooooh, half-volley from 20 yards skidding past Valdes (yes, I was playing Barca again). I didn't half get excited when it hit the net.

Why are you back? :(

Anyway, I'm still loving Fifa. I scored an absolute BEAUTY with Giggs earlier. Ooooh, half-volley from 20 yards skidding past Valdes (yes, I was playing Barca again). I didn't half get excited when it hit the net.

I've failed to do anything with Giggs, he's slow, can't shoot particularly well, therefore Nani provides a much better attacking option to Giggs. Giggs is more solid defensively though, so he plays in the big games away from home, but Nani tends to play all cup games and league ties in Manager Mode. Fifa is such an awesome game though, i;ve been chopping and changing between Fifa and Burnout recently and loving both, this is the first time i've been playing games regularly for yonks.

I've failed to do anything with Giggs, he's slow, can't shoot particularly well, therefore Nani provides a much better attacking option to Giggs. Giggs is more solid defensively though, so he plays in the big games away from home, but Nani tends to play all cup games and league ties in Manager Mode. Fifa is such an awesome game though, i;ve been chopping and changing between Fifa and Burnout recently and loving both, this is the first time i've been playing games regularly for yonks.

This might be the only thing we disagree on mate ;)

I use Scholes and Giggs because every pass I make with them seems to go to where I want it. You can really spray the ball about when these two are on the pitch. I've gone for this on Live recently;

------------Van der Sar------------
Neville------Rio------Vidic------Evra
Anderson------Scholes------Carrick
---------------Giggs--------------
---Roooooooney-----Ronaldo--------

Gives you the freedom to defend deep and break with pace and skill. Giggs in that CAM role has done well for me, might explain the goal he scored earlier. Give it a go anyway, see how it goes for you.

Ronaldo on the wing makes so many goals for me, just get him to beat the left back and whip a drilled cross into the box and more often than not either Rooney , Tevez or Scholes manage to get on the end of it. Tevez is amazing, he's my top scorer and the leagues top scorer. He may not have elite pace but can bang the goals away in style. The team i use is:

--------------Van der Sar------------------
--Neville------Rio--------Vidic------Evra----
-Ronaldo---Scholes--Hargreaves--Giggs/Nani
--------Rooney-----Tevez-----------------

My defending is poor, even with Hargreaves in the centre, but on the attack my team are fantastic. As mentioned above, Tevez is a gun up front, scores goals from inside and outside the box, definetly been one fo the best players for me. Sergio Aguero seems to be doing alright as back-up striker aswell, 3 games, 3 goals, definetly a future replacement for Tevez.

Users who are viewing this thread