Ea Fifa 2008

The keeper catches the ball too much, in my opinion. No matter how far the ball is away from him or how close the shot's been taken from, he catches it with ease.

How do you shoot from long range on this game? I keep having to score from inside the box. I try to power up the shot to about half way and the keeper just gets everything or it is off target.
Also, too many headers seem to go over the bar, anything to prevent this?

Try using R1 and with an angle.

Playing on Professional difficulty has been the most realistic I have played a football game. I said before, I am managing Everton.

My biggest win has been 3-0 (against Sheffield United). Its better than the 13-0 scorelines people talk about.

We are 5th in the Premier League, 6 points behind Chelsea in 4th I think. I win some games, but I can't always carry on the form into the next one. That's realistic.

We have scraped through to the FA Cup semi finals, with a brilliant game against Newcastle. They went ahead, and looked to keep it, until stoppage time when Kevin Kuranyi headed an equaliser. We ended up winning 5-3 on penalties! These have been my results:

3rd round: 1-0 v Preston North End
4th round: 2-0 v Stoke City
5th round: 1-1 v Newcastle United (5-3 on penalties)
6th round: 1-0 v West Bromwich Albion
Semi finals: v West Ham United

We are also in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup. We struggled to get out of the group after losing to Celtic, but we did it and find ourselves playing Lazio in the last eight.

Playing on Manager Mode, on Professional difficulty, is excellent. It is Fifa at it's best.

Must just be the PS3 version Will, I don't see the keeper catching the ball all that often. He tips it a lot of the time for me. I might just be hammering the ball into the corners though cos I'm that good ;)

A headed goal from Yakubu from just inside the box won the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup quarter final for Everton!

Quarter Final 1st leg: Lazio 0-1 Everton

What a surprise!

A headed goal from Yakubu from just inside the box won the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup quarter final for Everton!

Quarter Final 1st leg: Lazio 0-1 Everton

What a surprise!

Not really, Everton have a far better team on paper than Lazio. I'd have been far more surprised if you'd lost. I think i might return to my Everton manager mode, i signed Berbatov iirc, him and Yakubu will be a dynamite strike force.

Not really, Everton have a far better team on paper than Lazio. I'd have been far more surprised if you'd lost. I think i might return to my Everton manager mode, i signed Berbatov iirc, him and Yakubu will be a dynamite strike force.

Yakubu and Kevin Kuranyi are my strikers. Kuranyi is great at getting past defenders and he is a sweet finisher.

You'll gain nothing out of playing on professional. Play on World Class.

Yeah... what I meant to say was World Class and above...

;)

I always lose on World Class and above. Professional gives me the right balance between challenging and a chance of winning.

I'm with Lee, Professional is far more fun, it provides just the right balance for me aswell. Fifa's a much harder game than PES, PES is still fairly easy on 5*.

Users who are viewing this thread