Ea Fifa 2008

fifa 09 wont be next gen on pc because people will have to upgrade there computer to buy it and ea wont want to lose money 2010 will be next gen on pc

This guys actually kinda, right. I remember digging up to see if FIFA were going to go next gen and found an interview with the producer saying how the next-gen engine will be too much for the current PC's hence not many people buying it because we don't have mega-super-duper rigs.

Wow that was funny wasn't it? If you just type crap with no proof to back it up then everyone will class you as an idiot so take cricketdudemad's advice and don't type anything.

i wasnt trying to be funny

Still, I think they would sell more if it was next gen because all people with a brain know the last-gen game sucks (PC/PS2 version) and would be willing to buy Fifa if it was the next-gen engine even if it meant upgrading their computer, as PES will dominate the PC sales again if they don't.
That said, there are probably still enough fools who would still buy Fifa on PC if it was still last-gen.
Other companies are making their PC games next-gen though, so why not EA?

I think the engine Fifa uses is overhyped, they say that players make 1000 decisions a second, that is not even possible, real people do not even make that many decisions, and to make 1000 decisions mean there must be 1000 different things to do at that point, there isn't. It's still good though, just falsely overhyped to make them sound better and give them an excuse to say it is too powerful for a PC.

and would you upgrade ur computer to play a overated game

Last edited:
Aye, LWK has a point. Nobody's going to buy a new computer simply to play FIFA 09. They'd buy a next gen console rather than a new computer. They'd probably have to pay more for a next gen computer than they would for a console, once everything is included.

This guys actually kinda, right. I remember digging up to see if FIFA were going to go next gen and found an interview with the producer saying how the next-gen engine will be too much for the current PC's hence not many people buying it because we don't have mega-super-duper rigs.

But that's double standards on EA's behalf then as they released Crysis a game that requires far more graphical power than any Fifa game could. People not having good enough PC's is no reason to not make the PC version next gen. The main reason is funding. EA are a massive company, but obviously don't consider making the next-gen PC incarnations of Fifa financially viable. There aren't many people who buy the game on PC, and spending the millions of dollars that it costs to upgrade all the game engines wouldn't be justifiable for the PC market. The market is much, much larger for the console gaming market with the 360 and PS3 selling bucketloads; the PC versions just don't sell as well. That's the reason it's not been next-gen on PC yet, i can almost guarentee that it has nothing to do with PC's not being powerful enough.

Dont you win every game with that lineup? That can't be to fun:o

Too right, I find nurturing young talent into superstars a more worthwhile thing to do. Much more satisfying.

Fifa 08 is such a brilliant game. It really deserves someone to do a story on it in the 'Other Games Story Forum'. ;)

FIFA 08 on XBOX 360, playing on XBL, is simply the best game I have ever played.

Sure there are frustrating aspects, like some of the off the ball movement (running in front of players, going miles offside for no reason) and sometimes unresponsive players but I still find it a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread