Eddie's Gameplay patch

Eddie said:
risk versus reward....if you're gonna waft outside offstump... ;)

Lol, you got that right :rolleyes: (Gower was a childhood hero ;) ).

Finally managed to bowl out the PB XI, 389 off 106 overs. Terrific stuff, realistic approach by the cpu, with shots played all round the ground. Hard graft for the seamers on the dusty wicket, spinners Blackwell and Panesar taking 6 wickets between them.
Edges hard to come by, which again, given the wicket, is good stuff.

Now to try and claw back some of the 240 odd runs in my 2nd inns, and I will try to restrain myself when it comes to those short,wide deliveries ;) .

Eddie said:
bad balls got severely punished?

Yeah. I tend to play without the bowling cursor on to avoid being able to bowl the same repetitive delivery time and again, so there were a few widish and leg stump deliveries. With the quick outfield there were a few boundaries.

With the quick outfield there were a few boundaries.

quick boundaries are a fearue of the "dusty pitch". Try other conditons too, its much harder to hit boundaries in other conditons.

PS: Try pulling short balls (about half way down pitch) I think i have manage to make it a viable shot again. (i manage 3in a row in one match!)

Thanks for the tip mate, I'll give it a go :) .

Btw, I wasn't knocking the fact that the outfield is quick; on the contrary it's very realistic being a dusty suface, as you say. It's that old dilemma, bring the field in to try and stifle the runs and take catches but with the problem that if the ball beats the infield it'll often run away to the boundary.

3 pulls in a row, you are god!! Everytime I play a pull and it actually hits the bat, I get out but am thrilled for the next 30 mins!!!

3 pulls in a row, you are god!! Everytime I play a pull and it actually hits the bat, I get out but am thrilled for the next 30 mins!!!

yup i got lucky (and carried away), the 3rd one i pulled to midwicket and was out.

Jonah, how did your second inning fair? have you had a chance to try other pitch/weather conditions?

Eddie said:
Jonah, how did your second inning fair? have you had a chance to try other pitch/weather conditions?
Been a bit restricted for time Eddie. Currently, I've made a solid start and are 64/0 at lunch on day 3, much improved on my 1st innings effort :) .

are there any edges in this patch for us

all depends on:

The quality of the batman,
The type of shot being played (more edges outside offstump).
The Pitch conditions.
The weather conditions.

I realy like the patch so far. Played a one dayer on normal track in Australia, scored 300/9 . Very nice. Am playing testmatch against W.Indies. Will et u know how it goes, bowling is a pian cause of the huge cursor!!!

Quick update Eddie; finished the 4 day match (bp XI v Eng). I managed to sneak past the Pres XI 1st inns total by 25 runs (thanks mainly to a 100 run partnership from KP and Blackwell), but they knocked the required runs off without losing any wickets in their 2nd inns, just after lunch on day 4.

Played a 50 over match between Aus/SA, normal wicket. Aus (cpu) made 253/7 in their 50 (which I was pleased to restrict them to as they were looking at 300+ at one stage), SA (me) scraped up to 221 all out after 48, not a bad effort as I was 4/2 at one stage! Nice patch to play odi's with too, when I batted there was a good varietyb of playable strokes, a couple of wickets lost to edges/lbw's etc.
All the cpu wickets were caught though, no bowled or lbw's. May just be that innings, I'll play another and see how it goes.
Cheers pal :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread