Editing International Cricket Captain (General Thread)

I don't see why everyone wants the source code...You can't do anything with it at the moment

I agree with Chewie. It's a bit of common sense, how can you expect source code of a commercial game in the game itself?:rolleyes:

Please stop asking these questions regarding source code. The CS file must be some class files I suppose.

I don't see why everyone wants the source code...You can't do anything with it at the moment

We need to get the new positions of the player data, i.e. how many bytes after the beginning of the player data each attribute,etc. is. Then we can edit the editor and hope that the way the editor locates the players still works. I've looked through the editor and the editing values part seems rather simple.

Yup you more or less have it there. Firstly the (current) source code can only be used to edit ICC 2008.

Next we need to find out the new pointer for the players addresses. I imagine this would have definitely changed so it'll need a bit of messing about before we figure it out (it's not too hard really, we just need to try).

Then we need to find out the new positions of the player's data. Actually we could easily skip to this step if we use Artmoney (there might have been a tutorial in the 2008 thread on how to use it...guessing here).

I agree with Chewie. It's a bit of common sense, how can you expect source code of a commercial game in the game itself?:rolleyes:

Please stop asking these questions regarding source code. The CS file must be some class files I suppose.

CS file stands for C# (C Sharp) file ;)

The 2008 ICC editor works with ICC 2009. I tried it and the players names came up.

satish and nofeet when you say which row and column the things are where are you quoting from?

Edit: Satish - that's not batting aggression...as far as i can tell batting stats are in the same place as last time. Haven't checked bowling yet.

Updated first post

Last edited:
Does it actually open?

Anyway, you can change the date of birth of players. I haven't tried anything else.

Yea it opens but when you try to load anyone it performs some sort of illegal operation. I don't really understand why it should work for one person and not anyone else.

And nofeet I think that you have found the bowling stats, but it was slightly misleading because the 108 rows 6 columns was from the beginning of the 4 numbers that make up DOB. Haven't counted how many bytes it is yet (EDIT: I think its 1750 but I dunno if I counted correctly.)

Last edited:
You want me to upload it for you to check out?

Oh you've got a different version of the editor. It's rather interesting that that one can load the players...I doubt that Fe still has the source code for that one but if he did we could edit it so that it can change some more stuff...

It shows that the pointer things are different though. The editor still works if it searches through everyones DOB to find people

Yeah, like the days out for injured are not 0 and I found that when I edited someones age, their player type changed. For example, an all rounder turned into a bowler.

Yeah, like the days out for injured are not 0 and I found that when I edited someones age, their player type changed. For example, an all rounder turned into a bowler.

That makes sense, I checked before and that position is now player type in ICC09

if anyone finds anything else that I haven't posted in the first post can you please tell me so I can update it.

So do you have this editor Chewie? If you want I'll post it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread