Editing Player Profiles

Matthew Hayden said:
When you say bytes (i.e bytes 226-228 etc) how do you know what bytes to go to? I don't understand

I had this prob as well earlier,but thanks to colin who helped me out.Simply copy all the bytes starting frm player id,
(as shown in pic) and paste this in a new hexfile,now I think you shd get an idea of player bytes.

The left hand column's starting from 00 show the player bytes.(for bytes 226-228,have a look at the shaded area in my previous post).I hope this helped.

to1.jpg

to2.jpg

to3.jpg

Ajit said:
I just got the game and have no idea about what has been cracked so far

but, i have found a way to edit existing players using the ingame editor

what you have to do
1. create a player
2. open the ros file in a hex editor, goto the created player, and look for bytes 226-228,(considering 1st byte to be the one that haas player id,like in cricket 2004)
3. copy them(those 3) and paste them in any existing player's 226-228
4. open ingame editor and goto "created players" you find those existing ones as well
5. edit whatever it allows you to edit
6. if you can make a better face using ingame editor do it, and you come to an END
7. but, if a player has correct default face(like aussies,english,etc.), then you better change bytes 226-228 to initial values

Another thing I've found is that byte 222 governs players height, 01 is a little fat and medium height, 10 very tall, 0f like 01 but not fat, not made any more experiments

btw, ingame editor doesn't allow you to change height,stats(and maybe some other properties as well)
I tried the above and it really indeed works. Too good that we have an inbulit editor.. a bit complicated process though... Reps for you mate...

sunsamrat1980 said:
I tried the above and it really indeed works. Too good that we have an inbulit editor.. a bit complicated process though... Reps for you mate...

Perhaps,but maybe we can make a small editor which just transfer's these values of a created player to any other player,and then the user may edit these values,so a small application could be put to good use,thanks to these findings.

sid_19840 said:
I had this prob as well earlier,but thanks to colin who helped me out.Simply copy all the bytes starting frm player id,
(as shown in pic) and paste this in a new hexfile,now I think you shd get an idea of player bytes.

The left hand column's starting from 00 show the player bytes.(for bytes 226-228,have a look at the shaded area in my previous post).I hope this helped.

to1.jpg

to2.jpg

to3.jpg

Thanks got it to work now

I seemed to have regained my interest in hex editing,and just found that the byte numbers 355 and 366 contain player faces.I just tried copying these bytes of harmison and put it in for mcgrath and mcgrath seemed to have harmison's face.Ill soon try finding if these can be used for unique faces for asian player's.

Attachments

• impfind.jpg
    impfind.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 84
Bytes 355 and 356?
This isn't in the normal .ros profile. Do you mean you can change it once you've used Ajit's method to copy the player?

barmyarmy said:
Bytes 355 and 356?
This isn't in the normal .ros profile. Do you mean you can change it once you've used Ajit's method to copy the player?

The picture was just to show the byte number's,and yes it seems to work in game.

P.S-Sachin and Vaas seem to both have the values 54A0 for those bytes.

barmyarmy said:
Where are these byte numbers found though?

In the .ros file,im posting a picture as well,and yes it seems to work,I just pasted muralitharan's bytes and vaas had murali's face but sachin still has the older one,so it can be used to create unique player faces.

Attachments

• imp1.jpg
    imp1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 83
Got it now. Just to say congratulations to sid for cracking this. I've been working on it unsuccessfully for far too long!

i think I`ll try and help you guys in a week`s time . I did a bit of hex editing for C2k4 !
Cheers ! Great work all of you

also, sid can you post a picture of one of the players after editing their height and weight values ! For eg, a lean Mcgrath !

aditya123 said:
also, sid can you post a picture of one of the players after editing their height and weight values ! For eg, a lean Mcgrath !

I did post pics after tweaking those values,it doesnt seem to change hgt though only built of the player.

Users who are viewing this thread