Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Cramming for my AP US History exam which is on Friday. Colin, I have no idea how you MAJORED in this, it's absolutely rotting my brain. I have to go through 200+ years of history, in over 110 pages of notes and shortened themes in less than 2 days. OH GOD.

If only I wasn't aiming for ivies.....

I've got a Physics exam in like 10 hours out of which I shall sleep in 11 and travel in 1, and I yet have no idea what other 2 topics other than Electrostatics are coming.

Can anyone best this? ;)

Kshitiz_Indian added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Cramming for my AP US History exam which is on Friday. Colin, I have no idea how you MAJORED in this, it's absolutely rotting my brain. I have to go through 200+ years of history, in over 110 pages of notes and shortened themes in less than 2 days. OH GOD.

If only I wasn't aiming for ivies.....
110 pages? That's all? :eek: I remember doing much more, more like 5 books for my class 10'th Board Exams!

Mock GCSE maths and Science SAT thing tommorow. Probably should revise

Well, I've got a nice 530 start tomorrow for an open day at a Uni in Birmingham. Hospitality Business Management is the one I've put down as my interested subject. I'm looking forward to it.

Well I'm pretty sure I've failed all of Section A, Section B was easy though.

The Science exam was easy aswell, simple SATs questions.

Well i am in Class 10th. My session started in April and i already have finished my NCERT Maths book and now doing the other.:banana2

Kshitiz_Indian added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

110 pages? That's all? :eek: I remember doing much more, more like 5 books for my class 10'th Board Exams!

Haha, 110 pages of just NOTES. My actual text book is well over 2,000 pages, about size 10 font. ;).

The whole notes book was about 350 pages.

The test went horribly, BTW. :p

Could be worse. You could have 2,000 words left of an essay to write which is due in 8 hours time, no idea what you have left to say and only had about 6 hours sleep in 48 hours....

Got a 3 hour General Studies exam later on. It's a pretty pointless exam seeing as no universities actually give a crap about it, but I suppose it's another AS Level. It's going to be interesting, I've not been to a single lesson on it so anything could happen...

Got a 3 hour General Studies exam later on. It's a pretty pointless exam seeing as no universities actually give a crap about it, but I suppose it's another AS Level. It's going to be interesting, I've not been to a single lesson on it so anything could happen...

Spent the lessons as sleeping time in year 12.

Got A C overall, think I got full marks on one unit and flapped the others. Didn't go to the A2 january unit so got a rollocking and took off the course. Pointless subject as the two unis I have accepted offers for explicitly won't accept it for my course.

I told the heads of 6th form this and asked them to pull me form the january exam a few weeks before it (once I had my offers) so I could focus on the subjects that mattered, but as I was pretty much a guaranteed pass they refused. In fact pretty much anyone who takes A levels could pass it with no lessons/revision for it (hence the school making it pretty much mandatory to make the school pass figures look good.)

Had my death of a salesman re-sit this morning. Didn't leave enough time for section B but I tihnk I aced section A. Easily surpassed my somewhat embarrassing grade last time, doubt I have got an A though.

Had an AS resit of Hamlet this morning. I didn't need the re-sit but it magically appeared on my time-table so I thought what the hell and took it anyway. I got a weak B last time and considering the complete lack of effort I made in the run up to this Unit, I doubt I did any better.

Still, good to get a little exam practice.

If anyone has a Chemistry exam soon. When you look at the periodic table think of this ;)

1-2.jpg

Well that was hell. 3 hours of vast boredom saved by two questions on sport worth 35 marks :D! It was pretty tough, and although half of it was multi-choice, the multi-choice questions were hard. Definitely not an A, probably not a B, so hopefully a C.

One exam down, 5 to go...

Could be worse. You could have 2,000 words left of an essay to write which is due in 8 hours time, no idea what you have left to say and only had about 6 hours sleep in 48 hours....

2000 pages isn't really that bad. It's about 3 pages. I've had to write 3k+ word papers about once a week for each of my classes first semester, so 5 a week. :p

Once a semester we have to write a formal lab report in our science units (AP Chem and AP Bio). They are absolute hell, are about 15-20 pages long, size 12 double spaced 1inch margins. They're worth about 500 points too.

I end up procrastinating and only starting at 10PM on the night before it's due. I work magic in a marathon all nighter, and end up pulling off unheard of 100%'s somehow. I'm the Rahul Dravid of formal labs, I work best under pressure :D.

Users who are viewing this thread