Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
hondeyho said:
I get called a Geek, does that count? :p

Right now we're going through many tests and I now have a crick in my neck, (whether it's related or not I don't know)
lol you must be one, BTW Drew tol' me he smashed you in school ages ago? true? :p

usy said:
lol you must be one, BTW Drew tol' me he smashed you in school ages ago? true? :p

:p Funny story when I nicked this thing off Drew's bike so he chased after me and I went flying off :p

lol, he is a wee kid, jus slap him in school.

*makes sure drew is'nt here* :D.

Wee, he is much taller than me - even though I'm older compared to him I'm a midget.

Anyone else got Tests tommorow morning? (Apart from Drewska)

Im having three a day every day this week.

9:00 - 10:30...30 mins break
11:00 - 12:30

LUNCH

2:00-3:30

Home twenty minutes early

I honestly don't see what 'excites' some people so much about maths! Fine, I need to take advanced maths for science, not because I want to take it. I go to maths with one thing in mind generally, to get through that hour of class that repeats itself daily...

Maxkarter said:
I honestly don't see what 'excites' some people so much about maths! Fine, I need to take advanced maths for science, not because I want to take it. I go to maths with one thing in mind generally, to get through that hour of class that repeats itself daily...
In stark contrast, I love the abstract nature of Mathematics and am thinking of enrolling for higher studies in the subject :happy

Ritwik said:
In stark contrast, I love the abstract nature of Mathematics and am thinking of enrolling for higher studies in the subject :happy

Out of interest what studies are you doing at the moment? I assumed you had finished schooling?

usy said:

Lol, he nicked the dustcaps of my bike so i sprinted after him :D and managed to catch my toe on his heel so his flew and almost died :).

BTW: Honda 5tf3/4 Me: 5ft9ish

usy said:
Any Geeks out here ?

I think I can be qualified as a super geek, because I have the boasting rights to have qualified IITJEE.

For those who don't know what's IITJEE, its the 2nd toughtest exam in the world.
5,00,000 people giving it.Out of which, 5500 people are selected.

Ritwik said:
I love it for the very same reason.

jj3 said:
Out of interest what studies are you doing at the moment? I assumed you had finished schooling?
He has finished his schooling, and plans to do something with which I am having doubts

ZoraxDoom said:
My school is over!! :)

I pity all of you! Suckers! :p

go suck an egg :D

Last edited:
hondeyho said:
Anyone else got Tests tommorow morning? (Apart from Drewska)

Yes, and it was TERRIBLE! It was a non-calculator thing that served as a component to our actual half-yearlies next week, and we had hardly any time. The questions weren't extremely difficult, but since they touched on topics done in year 7 and 8, it was hard to recall under pressure as we weren't told what to study.
Anyway, actual exams next week, but at least there's the Queens Birthday before we sit them with which to jampack revision! (An advantage of remaining under the British Empire! :))

Probably only Queen's Birthday Celebrations - her birthday was on the 21st April, (don't tell anyone if you get a day off school :p)

These tests have been going on for 2 weeks, got a major Science one tommorow so for me it's revise time.

Oh, so you's don't have a public holiday for it? And yeah, courtesy of the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony (they sang a song for her :p) I know when her actual birthday is, but I think this one is an anniversary celebrating her ascent to the throne..?
I'm assuming you don't get these tests in blocks; as in they're spread out over a few weeks? Our upcoming ones are pretty much done in the large hall over two days, with a few in-class tests for elective subjects after that.

School was so :brickwall Thats what I want to do every time I go into that class room.

Users who are viewing this thread