England and Ireland Tour West Indies (ODI & T20 Only) (Feb-March 2014)

Parry has been Lancashire's limited overs spinner for a few years now. I think he's decent enough, although Briggs would have been my pick, but Parry is the right kind of player to get given a chance.

Shocking decision with that stumping though, Buttler has clearly dropped that before taking the stumps with his gloves.

haha Tredwell's only wicket was one that probably wasn't out...

His time in the England team must be numbered by now?

I don't think Tredwell's a bad bowler though. I think he gets a bit of tap every now and again, which is bound to happen. The problem is that it tends to happen in the bigger games. Our problem is that outside of the experienced spinners (Panesar, Tredwell, Swann before he retired) there seems to be massive gaps back to the younger guys in all forms. (Parry, Kerrigan, Briggs etc.)

I mean sure, Tredwell will never go down as a great player and isn't really good enough for the Test side, but we could do a lot worse than him in the limited overs games. Root/Ali aren't always going to do well and we need someone to stick around until the World Cup, before the younger guys mentioned above take over really.

Great to see the west indies fight and defend a low total. Hopefully they can pull it off.

The top order is a big concern and I think that Edwards should be dropped for Jonathan Carter.
I like Edwards for the longer version of the game but he has never been a good one day batsman. Carter on the other hand has shown the ability to keep the run rate ticking and can also offer some medium pace.
Ramdin as well is living of the glove work in the one day team. He cant bat at all in the ODI side.

What's the situation with Pollard and Samuels? Are they both injured? I know Gayle is too, so you'd think with those 3 back in you've got a pretty decent side there, especially for T20, just with a couple of places up for grabs in the batting lineup.

yea Pollard is still out with the same injury he picked up in that charity footy match and isn't in the world T20 squad either.
And I forgot about Samuels but yes he is out injured as well. He could be that #3 for WI.
for now they need to make at least one change for the last match.

yea Pollard is still out with the same injury he picked up in that charity footy match and isn't in the world T20 squad either.
And I forgot about Samuels but yes he is out injured as well. He could be that #3 for WI.
for now they need to make at least one change for the last match.

Yep Really need a change Our Top 4 isn't Clicking at all. Dr smith, Powell, Edwards and Daren Bravo.
2 times in a row.
These Need to step up in the 3rd Game, Dont leave it for Simmons, Bravo, sammy and Ramdin and the tail enders.

The England middle order is awful. Ali and Lumb have been OK (especially in the first test) to start with; but the middle just collapses in a heap and expect someone like Bopara or Root to finish off the game with the bowlers. I honestly don't see what England do in Luke Wright; I don't think I've ever seen him play a really good innings yet I've seen him get out for 4 a bunch of times.

e: like if the Windies had scored an extra 20/30 runs, then England would have lost...

Luke Wright is a dodgy one, he'll score a large amount of runs for Sussex but when it comes to the international scene he very rarely performs. He is a terrible player of spin, if he can improve on that then maybe, just maybe he can turn his international career around.

West Indies fans right now...

''I 'ate you butler'
Blakey56.jpg

What a brilliant hundred from Joe Root considering he got a nasty hit on the thumb earlier on in his innings.

I admit I didn't see it, but that's what Buttler can do when he comes in with time to set himself. Number 6 is the perfect place for him.

Just watch him get put back to 7 or 8 for the next ODI in the Summer though.

Yea he proved me wrong today as well but he needs to keep this form going, 5 50+ scores in over 100 ODIs is not good enough.

Once again the top order failed and left too much for the 5,6,7 and the rest to do. It is mind boggling that nothing is being done, showing faith is all good but some changes need to be made when the top 4 keep failing.
Some guys get starts and then throw it away by going for big shots. Nobody knows how to get a single and push the fielders, get some cheap runs, everyone wants sixes and fours, especially Darren Bravo.

We will see how they play in the T20s but since Darren Bravo doesn't play I think that Andre Russel should be given a long term shot in the team especially since Pollard wont be available for the world T20.

WI T20 Sqaud
Sammy (cap) , S Badree, Dywane Bravo, J Charles, S Conttrell, A Flecther, C Gayle, S Narine, D Ramidn, R Rampaul, A Russel, M Samuels, K Santokie, L Simmons, Dr Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread