England and Ireland Tour West Indies (ODI & T20 Only) (Feb-March 2014)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another bad start costing us the chance of making the game a bit closer. I still don't get what Lumb brings to this team. He's poor, despite his ODI ton.

Lumb is not perfect, but to say he is poor is a bit over the top.

D

Dutch

FFS what a load of shit England are! How do you go from 100 for 0 off ten overs to 139 for 6 off 19???? PATHETIC. I am literally screaming at the moment. Giles is the same coach as he was a bowler: incapable and very very overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Is it too late for windies to get Lil Bravo into the T20 W-Cup squad & drop Charles?

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
FFS what a load of shit England are! How do you go from 100 for 0 off ten overs to 139 for 6 off 19???? PATHETIC. I am literally screaming at the moment. Giles is the same coach as he was a bowler: incapable and very very overrated.

Well given that you would have to assume that this + the T20 tournament are Giles' "audtion" for the top job, I'm please England aren't doing great. I don't think Giles has what it takes to succeed as the coach and therefore him proving it now hopefully means they'll consider other people.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Is it too late for windies to get Lil Bravo into the T20 W-Cup squad & drop Charles?

Lil Bravo is much more talented than Charles but in T20 format, I think they are better off with Charles. Charles is a big hitter of the ball and also provides that back up keeper option. Yes, Charles does not show the foot movement but in Bangladesh, you won't get ball seaming or swinging around and you can easily hit through the line. I feel that Lil Bravo and Marlon Samuels play the same role in WI team so one of them should be in the team and based on Samuels' record, I think they have made a correct decision.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Lil Bravo is much more talented than Charles but in T20 format, I think they are better off with Charles. Charles is a big hitter of the ball and also provides that back up keeper option. Yes, Charles does not show the foot movement but in Bangladesh, you won't get ball seaming or swinging around and you can easily hit through the line. I feel that Lil Bravo and Marlon Samuels play the same role in WI team so one of them should be in the team and based on Samuels' record, I think they have made a correct decision.

My friend when last have you seen Charles bat?. His lack of foot movement has gotten worst & he hasn't been scoring runs internationally or domestically.

Yes Bravo & Samules offer the same role, but Bravo didn't have to start - he should have at least been in the squad.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
My friend when last have you seen Charles bat?. His lack of foot movement has gotten worst & he hasn't been scoring runs internationally or domestically.

Yes Bravo & Samules offer the same role, but Bravo didn't have to start - he should have at least been in the squad.

I agree on both of your points. I also wanted to see Lil Bravo in the squad at least. Also saw Charles in yesterday's match against England and yes he did look terrible but as I said in my previous post, when he is in the full flow, he hits them very cleanly and very huge. I haven't seen Bravo do that even when he is at his best. Lil Bravo is a must in the final 11 for ODI and test but I am afraid he still hasn't improved his T20 game. I would replace Lil Bravo with Andre Fletcher in the squad.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Erm...how does Darren Bravo & Marlon Samuels ''offer the same role''? One is purely a batsman and the other is an all-rounder.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Stokes breaking his wrist is by far my favourite story from today. :D

Next into the England squad in Warwickshire roulette is Chris Woakes.

Now, I'm a fan of Chris Woakes, but his bowling isn't good enough for T20 and there's no way he can get in the side on his batting alone in this form of the game. Not sure who else in the Warwickshire squad we could have called up though.....

Users who are viewing this thread