England in Australia limited overs series

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Decent total from England, when they were on course for 300 or less I wasn't convinced it would be enough but Buttler's third (?) contribution in a row may lead to England's first win of the two series down under

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
8-1 :D Where is Voges :/

bigred

Club Captain
You are joking aren't you??? It has taken Australia over 4 years with their "transition" period,and you think the poms can do it in 12 months,??? they would have to go to ALL the colonies to get another team in a short time.
you also say that Cook has built a good ODI team in 12 months,...and collapsed in 3 months into a heap of rubble not good enough to play district cricket in Australia,and mentally as weak as water....Trott,Swann,Finn. and Trescothic from the last tour of Australia,I think it is our weather that does something to the pommy brains.

Did you actually read the post? I said that the test side would have to go through a transition period. Yes you are right. It will be longer than a year to get back to where we want to be. There's nothing wrong with the England ODI side. Seem to remember us do far better than Australia at the last major tournament. My point was that we should play our best eleven as much as we can in the next 12 months so that they are well prepared for the world cup. With Pietersen, Finn and Anderson back in the side, this England team will be serious contenders in any tournament that doesn't take place in Asia.

On a separate issue, I think Hussain and Knight need to stop banging on about Morgan hiding himself down the order. Just look at his average batting at 5. What's the point in taking him away from the job he does superbly. He is a wonderful finisher of an innings, whether it be batting first or chasing down a score. The only reason they are saying it is because there are 2 inexperienced guys batting ahead of him. They forget that when KP returns, 3 of the top 4 will be established players, so having people like Morgan and Buttler batting in the last ten overs will be exactly the kind of balance we'll need.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Congrats England :clap Monkey off the back :D

Australia at 3/160 at the 30 over mark should have had a better than 50% chance at winning in my view. But 3 important wickets in that 30-40 over period kinda sunk their chances. Glenn Maxwell give yourself an upper cut. Not too much of a one, because your unorthodoxy is your strength, but it was an awful shot none the less...

Also Matthew Wade...not very fluent. I'm still not sure he knows where in the order he wants to be bat in the short stuff and/or how to do it.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
You're not the only one thinking that on Maxwell - England aim to spoil Australia Day | Cricket News | Australia v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Thought NCN would have a bit more impact than he has so far. On Wade he just needs to play his natural game, we need him to come good as there ain't any other options in the keeping department.

I've liked NCNs death bowling for the most part. He's certainly been no worse than Faulkner. Morgan in particular seems to like Faulkner's bowling.

And I'm a Paine man in the Paine/Wade battle. Paine's keeping is definitely ahead, and he pulled off a couple of really nice stumpings the other night for the Hurricanes. But honestly, both need to do more with bat. Wade gets more runs, but he's never quite convinced me that he's 'there' yet. They both have time to get it right though since Haddin is still doing well.

Australia batting first for the first time in the series!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good bowling from England so far. Dropping Ballance for Root was a good idea too.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is going to sound ridiculous but we've been the better team in this ODI series and deserve to win it.
But for Faulkner's amazing innings (and poor captaincy from Cook) this game would be the decider.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
That Root innings sums up our ODI cricket under Giles. It's a decent score in terms of number of runs, but the strike rate and the balls used up means that getting out when he did, has made an easy chase into a tricky one.

scratch978

Club Captain
So with that win, Australia has gone to the top of the rankings, once again.
That depromote India once again to number two position.

If India win both the matches it will go to the top with a gain of one ratings point to end at 118, one ahead of Australia.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How the hell did we lose this?

Users who are viewing this thread