England in India - Oct to Jan 2012/13

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good win by England, but all the ODI wins in the world wouldn't compensate not having won the World Cup. I suspect it was as much the big total set, the decline of the Indian cricket team and a few other factors more than England becoming world beaters. Our tactics are on the up with a proper batting opening pair, but the bowling is only a second string so maybe with Anderson and Swann in the side it would have been a walk in the park. Still I don't think that is because England are great, any more than Liverpool's form has improved for any other reason than who they've played.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ok the coaching has been bad, but lets not blame it for the loss against Pakistan and now England. You have nothing in your bowling whatsoever.

Yuvraj has been pretty decent with the ball. But you are playing 4 pure bowlers and expect your 5th to be a part timer. Come on seriously.

Coaching needs to be questioned big time here. Duncan has done nothing great. The team has simply plunged into total disarray. I believe there was a report in the media that the players were unhappy with Duncan's methods. He ought t have been removed after the Australia white-wash, but alas, the BCCI is so money minded that they couldn't care less.

Yuvraj Singh- the mega mega mega question- why is he not bowling ? If he is in the team as an AR, he ought to be bowled. Or has MSD forgotten about YUVi's ability to bowl ? The Indian captain is certainly going nuts by giving long spells to the likes of Kohli and Raina. Almost every person bar Gambhir has bowled, then why not Yuvraj ?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wait, our bowling has been definitely better than our batting in our recent losses. Guys like Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Shami Ahmed and Dinda came up pretty decent and Ishant also bowled decently well in that Pakistan series. Its our batting that has been repeatedly failing, more so Virat Kohli. When Kohli hits a bad patch, the team looks like this.

The coach definitely, MOST DEFINITELY, has to go. We can't probably perform any worser under a new coach.

vet_m

Club Cricketer
Anyone here bored by Ravi,Sunny and Harsha Commentary Phrases.....

Get the SKY Team a contract for ESPN Star.

David Lloyd Rocks.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You want to hear that guy go 'Tuk Tuk'? Sorry, but I would rathet hear to the likes of Siva and Arun Lal over Lloyd.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I like his commentary, but the Sky team too comes with it's disadvantages, you have to deal with Nasser "the ----" Hussain.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

David Lloyd Rocks.

Star does have a good commentary team. In fact ,it is better than what they put together at Nimbus previously.

As for Gavaskar, Shashtri and Bhogle- they are on the BCCI payroll and they will end up commentating in every India game irrespective of the channel that has the rights.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

David Lloyd Rocks.

We have been enjoying the Sky commentary team, for me the second best cricket commentators in the business behind the TMS guys. Sadly due to the BCCI being greedy they are commentating from a studio in London instead of being out there in India.

S

Satan666

Wait, our bowling has been definitely better than our batting in our recent losses. Guys like Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Shami Ahmed and Dinda came up pretty decent and Ishant also bowled decently well in that Pakistan series. Its our batting that has been repeatedly failing, more so Virat Kohli. When Kohli hits a bad patch, the team looks like this.

The coach definitely, MOST DEFINITELY, has to go. We can't probably perform any worser under a new coach.

Raina has also been failing, the middle order at present is the weakest I have seen from an Indian side since following cricket, even the new bowlers are not good as guys like you believe theyre below par.

So the coach is not the only one to blame, the entire management, senior players like Sachin/Gambhir/Sehwag/MSD and most of all the BCCI, India's domestic structure is weak since most players look for a break in the game of slog aka T20, again due to BCCI promoting T20 for selfish monetary needs.

Greed alone has Indian cricket where it is today and unless that is changed Indian cricket and culture will keep going downhill, sadly taking along international cricket for the ride also!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Pujara in is a must for India, apart from that, it's difficult to solve batsmen getting in and getting themselves out.

As for England, still not convinced by Bresnan, Dernbach (well, outside of death bowling) and Kieswetter. The latter does the job, he's not been bad by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't jump out at you and say, "Look at me, I'm awesome." Needs to learn to rotate the strike better, a lot of batsman out there who miss out on a four ball will simply get a single next ball to get off strike, Kieswetter doesn't do that so well.

Want to see Root bat too, his bowling was a surprise.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Wait, our bowling has been definitely better than our batting in our recent losses. Guys like Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Shami Ahmed and Dinda came up pretty decent and Ishant also bowled decently well in that Pakistan series.

I thought Indian bowling was respectable vs Pakistan, but the figures make it look better than it truly is. To me, India's big problem is that they can't get early wickets and against good teams you will get hammered if there are no early wickets. Looking at the scoreboards from the Pakistan series, and it looks good on first glance...dig deeper though and you see that at the 30 over mark in each of the games, Pakistan had only lost 2, 2 and 3 wickets - and one of those was Azhar Ali getting run out. 6 wickets from the bowlers in those 90 overs is not good. Add to that England were only 1 down after 30 overs in this first ODI and it shows the problem clearly. India can't keep relying on poor finishing by opposition batsmen to keep them in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread