• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
Not to start a debate, thats what you said when England lost to Pakistan. So England are only a force when playing at home? Don't get me wrong, I wanted England to win, they're one of my favorite teams, but I always see excuses from English fans and nothing more.

I remember he said England will beat Pakistan with 4-0 in upcoming summer. :rolleyes:

saisrini80 said:
Feels sad, but I have to agree with this. There was no need to bring up the argument of "The real test will begin when india travels to england". come on yaar, we know that! this english team is strong and almost unbeatable on home conditions. the aussies couldnt put it past them in england during the famous ashes. every team is a major force at home. teams that look like a force abroad are the teams that deserve to be called "world champions". so far, only australia deserve to be called that! no other team is even decent outside its own den

Did you miss '90's of England? :laugh I remember that teams from abroad wanted to face England just cause they are so easy beatable.

Englishandproud said:
And i bet they wont get puinished like Pietersen has been, all he did was stand there in disbelief that he had been given out, when it is obviously out and you dont go then you should be fined.

All though i do agree that we played poor, remember we have been struck by injuries on this tour and in the first test the ones that came in, excluding blackwell, did play well and were maybe let down by others.

Especially with those thin edges you see.

A batsman will know when it hits his bat.

ZexyZahid said:
I remember he said England will beat Pakistan with 4-0 in upcoming summer. :rolleyes:

Did you miss '90's of England? :laugh I remember that teams from abroad wanted to face England just cause they are so easy beatable.
Brain cells check required. I dont think I said England would win 4-0, but that Pakistan might not win even one game. And I stick by that decision since I do think the batsmen might struggle on the English wickets.

It is pointless to go back to the 90s, when we are in 2006. Absolutely ridiculous.

I remember you said that. Along with you won't be surprised if they won it with 4-0. Or something like that.

And because it's a bad period of England it doesn't mean it needs to be forgotten. Also in the '90's England were in the World Cup Final, so there was happiness and grief. History is a part of cricket and you can't simply forget it.

Last edited:
cricket_lover said:
They retained the same squad, so may be they will go with the same attack, if Mumbai pitch is a dust bowl.
There is also a chance of playing 6 batsmen but it depends.

Piyush must have been a relieved man to get his first test wicket and that too off Andrew Flintoff who carted him in the first innings. Lets see if he gets a chance in the third test. Mumbai pitch holds the centrestage with everyone eagerly awaiting to know abt it!

saisrini80 said:
Piyush must have been a relieved man to get his first test wicket and that too off Andrew Flintoff who carted him in the first innings. Lets see if he gets a chance in the third test. Mumbai pitch holds the centrestage with everyone eagerly awaiting to know abt it!
Nah they probably pick Sreesanth.

WOW...what a great victory for India! Great bowling by Patel and Kumble!!! Great batting by Dravid, Pathan and Viru! and also the tail enders in the first inning. Dhoni's wicket keeping was very good. India: 1-0. I'm very happy! Hope they'll win the series as well. Come on India.

I thought m_vaughan had a point there. It will be interesting to see how India fares, when the world's best side went to England and lost.

s2sschan said:
What a Lame comment!!! Talk about Here and Now mate.

Well you see England is only a force in their own back yards. If they lose a game anywhere else, the real test always becomes that-oh so comforting- home ground.

prarara said:
Well you see England is only a force in their own back yards. If they lose a game anywhere else, the real test always becomes that-oh so comforting- home ground.

Anyone would think we've all said it!

Lets put it this way. The big test for England is playing in sub-continent conditions on more spinner friendly. The big test for the sub-continent teams is playing outside the sub-continent on more seamer friendly wickets.

When you look at it like that, we're all in a similar boat.

well i say england wouldnt have lost this match if not for darrel hair!!
he continues to make horrendous decisions and teams suffer defeats cos of his one bad decision!!

the pieterson appeal should have gone to 3rd umpire!!

Yeah but even so I don't think it would have made much difference. The Pathan one was more crucial but, as I said earlier, we got luckier in the first test.

gambino said:
well i say england wouldnt have lost this match if not for darrel hair!!
he continues to make horrendous decisions and teams suffer defeats cos of his one bad decision!!

the pieterson appeal should have gone to 3rd umpire!!

It all evens out. In the first test when Pieterson was given not out for that c&b against Kumble, he had his share of good luck. Now he has had his share of bad luck too. Anyway, he was playing with the wrong technique for this pitch. Its always dangerous to sweep on a pitch where the ball is jumping and turning. If its turn alone you can counter with sweep. Well, it was Pietersons first innings on such a pitch. You dont see many of the Indian batsmen sweeping.(except for dravid and yuvraj). Dravid uses it rarely and Yuvraj is not a good player of spin.

So, even if he was given not out, the chances are that he would have got out soon considering the sate of the pitch. Again he may not have, but he would have most likely. Afterall, all the English batsmen struggled in the second innings.

To quote the 'great' Navjot sidhu " if ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would have been no tinkers!"

^^^^^
Bro dont bother dignify his sophomoric nonsense with a response. If you've read his pervious posts you'll knw he has nothin better do than spew hatred against Indian team. Even english fans havent resorted to such lame excuses, they gracefully accepted their defeat. Let him continue his stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread