• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
It will also beg the question of how much better an English team that was beaten in Pakistan and India really are, outside of home and home-like conditions.
Alteast Pakistan beat a near 100% fit England side. India needed a spectacular spell from Anil Kumble to overcome a 50% fit England side, which has been hit again by Harmison's injury. There is no core of experience in the side now, which is vital in test cricket.

Besides your question can also be asked of both India and Pakistan, who have been impressive in recent months no doubt. But then, they have only played at home, havent they?

m_vaughan said:
Alteast Pakistan beat a near 100% fit England side. India needed a spectacular spell from Anil Kumble to overcome a 50% fit England side, which has been hit again by Harmison's injury. There is no core of experience in the side now, which is vital in test cricket.

Besides your question can also be asked of both India and Pakistan, who have been impressive in recent months no doubt. But then, they have only played at home, havent they?

Thats not an excuse brother! If a country is not fit enough to build a good bench strength that can replace a player with another and not lose, only then does it deserve to be a top team! Do you seriously mean to say that you cannot get the required replacements?

This England squad has a long way to before claiming that they are No.3

Right now Pakistan is definitely ahead of England and India are on their way to proving that they are also ahead of England.

On the record of India and Pakistan outside the subcontinent, leave Pakistan. India have not lost to Australia during their last tour Down Under and India has not lost to England when they last toured England. Isnt that enough to say India's record outside the subcontinent in the last few years is more than decent?

Last edited:
Dravid won the toss is is fielding first. Pitch is expected to spin (hopefully not as much as Clarke's 6/9). Interesting move in a way cause this means India's batters will be batting last on this pitch.

Wow what a shock, Cook isn't playing probably due to injury. Bell opening and Shah in at 3.

India ringing a positive bell by fielding 5 bowlers again. Sreesanth makes it back to the team and started with an absolute ripper to Bell. He touched 138 kph with just his 3rd ball. England 17/0 now.

m_vaughan said:
At least Pakistan beat a near 100% fit England side. India needed a spectacular spell from Anil Kumble to overcome a 50% fit England side, which has been hit again by Harmison's injury. There is no core of experience in the side now, which is vital in test cricket.

There seems to be a common vein to your posts nowadays--bringing India down. I was just pointing out that the hyped up English team is not as good as they seem to be. The one thing that is creditable, though, is that they beat Australia (albeit at home).

I wouldn't say England are at 50%. Their hyped up fast bowler over the last few years has been Steve Harmison. He played the first two matches and failed to have much effect. Their hyped up batsmen on this tour were Bell and Strauss. Especially the latter, who started off international cricket with a flurry of centuries... against the West Indies. They both played. And of course, the great Flintoff. Giles has just been included in the team to strengthen the batting and to put a spinner down on the teamsheet. Of course, this topic has been visited too often. Team unity is important, etc, etc. But the English touring team was NOT as weak as they have been portrayed to be by English fans et al.

Additionally, I am just commenting on the Indian team's position, at present. You cannot argue that our future is looking bright. A real test outside the subcontinent awaits, of course. I expect this team to win abroad against teams like West Indies. If they don't, then I will be the first to admit that they are not all they have been hyped up to be.

cricket_lover said:
the most effective bowlers in sub-continent include Kapil Dev, Vaas and McGrath, and neither of them are "fast". You need line-length.

Why such obsession for pace? You need better line-length, thats the bottom line and pace comes next.

To correct you mate the most effective had to be the Waqar-Wasim combination and they had pace.

Alastair Cook also is out with a stomach bug. Owais Shah is his replacement. At this rate I am sure by the end of the tour, the college and university players will get call-ups to the National side.

avk2love said:
Abid Nabi is a genuine fast bowler
yesterday some video futtage in the news showed that greg chappel was taking keen interest in him and was coaching him in the nets
India's latest fast bowling hope

I didnt want to stiff my neck out but if Shoaib's action is doutbful then so is Nabi's. I had seen him play here in Mumbai 4 weeks back and the guy looks as if he chucks.

Last edited:
College Players

m_vaughan said:
Alastair Cook also is out with a stomach bug. Owais Shah is his replacement. At this rate I am sure by the end of the tour, the college and university players will get call-ups to the National side.

Maybe the college guys will play better as they won't have the baggage of dismal subcontinent tours. The English batting just hasn't shown the heart to fight or the application. Everyone from Ian Botham, David Gower, and Naseer Hussain have been screaming that the batsmen can't keep throwing good starts, they have to make big scores here.
They are making the same mistakes they made in Pakistan. The way Bell threw his wicket away this morning shows the cavalier attitude.
England picked the wrong batting to tour the sub-continent. You need people like Gatting, Gooch, Atherton, Butcher, and Hussain to win here.

Great 100 Partnership by these two. Shah looks very confortable. Strauss's six against Kumble was great :cool:

Owais Shah has retired after tea, I think it's because of cramp. Maybe Pietersen can get going and get England up near 280 by the close.

Users who are viewing this thread