• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
Their hyped up batsmen on this tour were Bell and Strauss. Especially the latter, who started off international cricket with a flurry of centuries... against the West Indies..

Strauss has one hundred against the West Indies and another against New Zealand. He has 3 against South Africa in South Africa, two against Australia and now one against India in India. Where's that flurry against WI? :p

Anyway, I'd just like to say thank you to Rahul Dravid for this lovely present he's given us! As KP launches Harbhajan down the ground for six! Good stuff from Strauss and Shah. Strauss only 8 runs away from 2,000 test runs.

Change in bowling now with Sreesanth and Harbhajan coming in. It was a magnificent six from Pietersen - just when I thought he was playing a little less agressively than normal.

Originally Posted by sohummisra

Their hyped up batsmen on this tour were Bell and Strauss. Especially the latter, who started off international cricket with a flurry of centuries... against the West Indies..

who hyped-up Bell? Our most experienced players of conditions in the sub-continent are Tresco and Vaughan.

Back to the test in hand, very kind of Dravid to give us first use of this lovely pitch :D

Partnership to possibly decide the match now...

In the immortal words of the indian fans...

YAY

Good Day For England

Eddie said:
who hyped-up Bell? Our most experienced players of conditions in the sub-continent are Tresco and Vaughan.

Back to the test in hand, very kind of Dravid to give us first use of this lovely pitch :D
And this pitch is even more lovelier on day 2-3. So don't be too excited about this score of England. If you're batsmen can score then our batsmen can score runs on this wicket too. But I still feel Dravid should have batted first.

Last edited:
And this pitch is even more lovelier on day 2-3. So don't be too excited about this score of England. If you're batsmen can score then our batsmen can score runs on this wicket too. But I still feel Dravid should have batted first.

thats good to hear..cos i want England to bat for most of tomorrow too ;)

I hope we can get near 450-500 and see how India bat under pressure.

Eddie said:
thats good to hear..cos i want England to bat for most of tomorrow too ;)

I hope we can get near 450-500 and see how India bat under pressure.
What will be the point for India to bat under pressure? I want Munaf to strike early tomorrow. He bowled beautifully today and deserves a wicket. If we can pick up Flintoff and Collinwood early then we're back in the game. And if we don't then England definitely will go on to get close to 500 runs. There is no need for India to bat under pressure because they're leading the series1-0 and they only need to draw this match to win the series. That's all!

Kratz, you do realise that Eddie is English and wants India to lose, don't you?
Also, what do people think about Dhoni's keeping. Jones's keeping has come under a lot of pressure recently, but Dhoni doesn't seem to be doing too well. He's already dropped a couple of catches this match, and another one which he should have left to dravid, but it deflected off his glove (3 in 2 matches now, he's done that).

I just saw the end of the day score card and found out that Harbhajan is still in?
What's going on ?
Ganguly was never given a chance like this(after greg chappell) but now why harbhajan?
He has'nt bowled that well either.

Sreesanth has been the best seamer today. Munaf was patchy -took some time to startup, probably used to long spells in domestic cricket instead of shor sharp bursts as he is being used here- and Pathan had a bad day. Bhajji was ok, not great until except the end, and Kumble bowled like only Kumble could, and created a lot of half-chances...

There is no need for India to bat under pressure because they're leading the series1-0 and they only need to draw this match to win the series. That's all!

I'd say that was plenty pressure...The possibility of loosing a game to a side having PUT THEM INTO BAT on a flat pitch. The only way England could ever hope to win this match was by batting first.

You're always under pressure when you are chasing 500 (assuming we get that many).

stevie said:
Strauss has one hundred against the West Indies and another against New Zealand. He has 3 against South Africa in South Africa, two against Australia and now one against India in India. Where's that flurry against WI?
My mistake. :p

Eddie said:
Bell was hyped to be the highest run scorer in this series. He was hyped up by English fans and media.

Users who are viewing this thread