• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Adarsh said:
Did you guys hear the booing in the ground when Tendulkar was out? If that was absolutely disgraceful. It's not the way to treat such a great player who's going through a lean patch. I bet the fans will be cheering for him again and calling him God if he scores a 100 in the second innings.
That wasn't disgraceful, Indian public has started showing some sense now. This was the situation for him to do something and he failed again. I think this way we will be waiting forever and I'll even get old with my grandchildren and still hoping that Sachin still has a lot left in him and waiting for that innings.
Whereas I rate Dravid as 10 times better than Tendulakar cause he has shown balls when it mattered and came up with double hundreds after double hundreds on demand. Hell, Even Lara in current form is better as he usually comes up with something big here and there. Tendulakar should stick to ODIs as thats where he has records and thats what he is best at.

You're a bit harsh on him. Yeah, even I was disappointed but you don't boo such a great player. If I was a selector, I'd give Sachin one more series to make atleast a 100 or a couple of 50s. If not, it might be good bye test cricket for Sachin.

Adarsh said:
You're a bit harsh on him. Yeah, even I was disappointed but you don't boo such a great player. If I was a selector, I'd give Sachin one more series to make atleast a 100 or a couple of 50s. If not, it might be good bye test cricket for Sachin.
I thought he has already played the Pakistan series and this was supposed to be the one to make a comeback and prove himself.:rolleyes:

Dravid is the best player in the world, in my opinion. He just seems so solid and looks unbelievably hard to take his wicket. Additionally he has a better average than Ponting right now...

In a perverse way, I am incredibly disappointed not to have seen Sehwag shine. He looks to be a great, Pietersen-esque batsman. But on the other hand, I am delighted to have seen us deal with him so well.

^whs.

Dravid is the best current batsman around even better than Sachin.

Good day for England over 300 runs ahead and have taken 3 Indian wickets.
Oh Udal did well. :sarcasm:

Hoggy and Flintoff did well, and another failure from Jones although good keeping.

All that booing might be a good thing. The Indian public have realised they can't expect Tendulkar perform every single innings, which will take a bit of pressure off Sachin when he comes out to bat in the future.

Adarsh said:
Jones is in the team for his batting, and with an average of under 30, he needs to be fired.
Now thats being harsh on Jonesy, he is the best England have atm and he is just having a bad series besides being young in the side. He will perform for Eng, come Ashes.

Still one of the worlds best......you decide!

First of all, this in NO WAY is a comparison between Player X vs Player Y!

Past results (i.e. from 1940's) don't mean jack

In my humble opinion, You are as good as your last 5, 10, 15 Tests...

This thread was prompted by a lovely post by a certain poster, who claimed that 'Tendi is still One of the Two best along with Lara'

BTW, Injury, form, forgetting how to bat etc. all happens to every player, so that is not a valid excuse!

P.S. Just to reiterate, this in NO WAY is a comparison between Player X vs Player Y!

I give you the figures, you judge and you decide:

Today, Sachin played a monumental knock...it almost changed the course of history...ALMOST!

SR Tendulkar c Jones b Anderson 1 21 0 0 4.76

WOW, a SR of 4.76 by World's Best Batsman...if he had struck around a bit more, he would have been the World's First BEST Batsman to touch a 'Negative Strike Rate'

This is World's Best in Last 5 Tests:

5 111 28* 22.20 0 0

This is World's Best in Last 10 Tests:

10 461 109 32.92 1 2

This is World's Best in Last 15 Tests:

15 894 248* 49.66 2 3 (Take away the 248 against BD) and this is how he fares

14 646 109 32.3 1 3

Even Mangolia might be tempted to throw out their best batsman, if he scored at such an average and that amazing SR of 4.76

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=485092#post485092

jdbais said:
All that booing might be a good thing. The Indian public have realised they can't expect Tendulkar perform every single innings, which will take a bit of pressure off Sachin when he comes out to bat in the future.
hehe laul. you cracked me up:D, this is indeed getting a bit harsh on the great man(ps:sarcasm)

Kratz said:
First of all, this in NO WAY is a comparison ....................................Even Mangolia might be tempted to throw out their best batsman, if he scored at such an average and that amazing SR of 4.76

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=485092#post485092
The thing is Sachin is always under pressure to perfom as he admits himself but don't all the players in Indian team are under pressure to perform. What about now, after 3 wickets have fallen Yuvi is under g8 pressure to perform and keep his place in the team with Laxman sitting on the benches. What makes u great is to combat the pressure and come up with something to be called great, not by hitting 50+ hundreds with hardly any knock visible in the mind barring one or two.

Yes

stevie said:
Does Dravid know what 'fail' means? Having said that you could ask the same of Flintoff at the moment.

Yes, Dravid does know what "Fail" means, he was close to being dropped from the ODI squad a few years ago. Ganguly stuck up for him then.

Flintoff totaled 26 Runs in his last outing in India. He's no stranger to failure too. Lancashire even dropped him from their first XI.

siddharth2002 said:
Whereas I rate Dravid as 10 times better than Tendulakar cause he has shown balls when it mattered and came up with double hundreds after double hundreds on demand. Hell, Even Lara in current form is better as he usually comes up with something big here and there. Tendulakar should stick to ODIs as thats where he has records and thats what he is best at.

You got too remember it took Dravid almost 5 years to establish himself. Sachin was No. 1 right from his first tour. This is probably Sachin's first lean patch after playing for 15 years.

There was a time when cricket bookies would not accept any bets on India, until one player was out.
Want a clue who it was? Dravid didn't even exist then!!!

s2sschan said:
Flintoff totaled 26 Runs in his last outing in India. He's no stranger to failure too. Lancashire even dropped him from their first XI.

Eh? I believe I said 'at the moment', meaning this current series. :p

s2sschan said:
You got too remember it took Dravid almost 5 years to establish himself. Sachin was No. 1 right from his first tour. This is probably Sachin's first lean patch after playing for 15 years.

There was a time when cricket bookies would not accept any bets on India, until one player was out.
Want a clue who it was? Dravid didn't even exist then!!!
History is history, we are talking about today!! I'll only say this much if you can make something out from it.

Sachin Tendulkar will be back. It's true he's not in the best of form right now. But we all know how he answers critics. Just sit back and relax, this man will shut everyone up, just as he has done so many times before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread