Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Gilchrist is a once in a lifetime player anyway...doesnt matter how good Prior can bat.

nobody can club a cricket ball as cleanly as gilly.

genghis_khan said:
Gilchrist is a once in a lifetime player anyway...doesnt matter how good Prior can bat.

Dhoni is not far behind and Sangakarra is also a pretty good striker of the ball. Gilchrist is a once in a decade I'd say. Once Gilchrist retires than there probably will be one who can strike the ball as clean as himself.

genghis_khan said:

Ali Brown can.

There are several cricketers who can strike the ball as cleanly as Gilchrist. Maybe not several keepers though.

Richie says he is the cleanest striker of the ball he has ever seen. Now this guy has seen a ton of players play so obviously he knows what he is talking about.

Lol never heard of him until you mentioned him. Strike rate Gilly is all over him but that doesn't show how cleaning you hit the ball.

Let's get back on topic. ;) The stadiums in India are pretty small (especially the non-main ones) so KP and Flintoff should have a ball. I remember Youhana and Inzy carting the Indians over the boundary with ease last time they were here.

Reverse wing could be a factor but the Indian batsmen are more aware of reverse swing than the Aussies were when they played the Ashes .

We`ve played the Pakistani bowlers better than the England side under similar conitions .
You might argue that the pitches were batting beauties but they were not a lot more different than the ones England played on .
England struggle against Shoaib and Co. whereas India seem to be doing a lot better.

I'd still put my money on KP, he is gonna be one dangerous batsman on Indian pitches against Indian dibbly dobbly pace bowlers:p

yeh Jones and Flintoff totally caught the Australians out with that reverse swing in the ashes

i agree that the indian batsman will definately be better prepared, but its not an easy thing to combat.

aditya123 said:
Reverse wing could be a factor but the Indian batsmen are more aware of reverse swing than the Aussies were when they played the Ashes .

We`ve played the Pakistani bowlers better than the England side under similar conitions .
You might argue that the pitches were batting beauties but they were not a lot more different than the ones England played on .
England struggle against Shoaib and Co. whereas India seem to be doing a lot better.
On the other hand the England bowlers did a much better job compared to the India. Pakistan scored 500+ just once. Besides if you are going to prepare expecting the same England side that lost that series, then think again, I say!

England are the ONLY team to have beaten Australia in a test series in the last 4 years. And a full strength one as well. For MV and his men, its the conditions they have to fight in the subcontinent.

m_vaughan said:
On the other hand the England bowlers did a much better job compared to the India. Pakistan scored 500+ just once. Besides if you are going to prepare expecting the same England side that lost that series, then think again, I say!

England are the ONLY team to have beaten Australia in a test series in the last 4 years. And a full strength one as well. For MV and his men, its the conditions they have to fight in the subcontinent.
Iam sorry but I don`t think you have the bowling to win in India , especially with the form the Indian batting is in right now.
The Indian bowlers will be much better in India as well.
I don`t think that Kumble and Harbhajan will go wicketless many times on those tracks in India.

I can't see how the pitches England played on in Pakistan are the same as the ones India are playing on. We have had 2 extremely boring drawn test matches. Whereas the English series was exciting and full of wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread