• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
m_vaughan said:
On the other hand the England bowlers did a much better job compared to the India. Pakistan scored 500+ just once. Besides if you are going to prepare expecting the same England side that lost that series, then think again, I say!

England are the ONLY team to have beaten Australia in a test series in the last 4 years. And a full strength one as well. For MV and his men, its the conditions they have to fight in the subcontinent.

its not just the conditions, but also the indian batting lineup. if england are to
win this series.. they HAVE to bowl out india twice !! and to do that on indian
pitches is not a joke.

another thing is that england hardly have a good spinner in their squad and even if they had.. indians are the best players of spin. so india just have to survive the new ball as reverse swing is not prominent in india.

I think still India has a tough series on hands after analysing their performance so far on current Pak tour. Since England is also looking to get some form back, the test series could easily be a boring draw(1-1) and ODI's might go to the last stage decider.

genghis_khan said:
yeh Jones and Flintoff totally caught the Australians out with that reverse swing in the ashes

i agree that the indian batsman will definately be better prepared, but its not an easy thing to combat.

The thing that got the Aussies I feel is they didn't know which way it was going to swing. Jones and Flintoff disguised it brilliantly; the only way to tell which way Jones was going to swing it was his wrist position, which you could only see from a side on angle, which is a pain in the arse if you're the batsman!

As good as the Indian batsmen are, I can't help thinking Jones and Flintoff will be in business if there is any reverse swing about, even if it isn't as prominent as it was in the Ashes. Ponting, Langer, Hayden, Clarke (that ball at Old Trafford from Jones), Martyn and Gilchrist are no mugs with the bat. Infact only Clarke out of those averages under 45 I believe and then the rest average over 50 except Langer (between 45-50). They were all made to look ordinary at some stage or in Clarke's case a right plonker!

Last edited:
siddharth2002 said:
I think still India has a tough series on hands after analysing their performance so far on current Pak tour. Since England is also looking to get some form back, the test series could easily be a boring draw(1-1) and ODI's might go to the last stage decider.

Well really that will be quite a positive result on England's behalf to achieve a draw in their conditions. It will give them a lot of confidence and belief going into their packed shedule for 2006/07.

aussie1st said:
Lol never heard of him until you mentioned him. Strike rate Gilly is all over him but that doesn't show how cleaning you hit the ball.

Don't think he's ever played in Australia, great shame when he's on form Surrey tend to win. 2 Double Hundreds in OD games including one reduced overs game :D

jk16_4 said:
its not just the conditions, but also the indian batting lineup. if england are to
win this series.. they HAVE to bowl out india twice !! and to do that on indian
pitches is not a joke.

another thing is that england hardly have a good spinner in their squad and even if they had.. indians are the best players of spin. so india just have to survive the new ball as reverse swing is not prominent in india.

Panesar is imo.

Unknown to indian batsman to :D

stevie said:
The thing that got the Aussies I feel is they didn't know which way it was going to swing. Jones and Flintoff disguised it brilliantly; the only way to tell which way Jones was going to swing it was his wrist position, which you could only see from a side on angle, which is a pain in the arse if you're the batsman!

As good as the Indian batsmen are, I can't help thinking Jones and Flintoff will be in business if there is any reverse swing about, even if it isn't as prominent as it was in the Ashes. Ponting, Langer, Hayden, Clarke (that ball at Old Trafford from Jones), Martyn and Gilchrist are no mugs with the bat. Infact only Clarke out of those averages under 45 I believe and then the rest average over 50 except Langer (between 45-50). They were all made to look ordinary at some stage or in Clarke's case a right plonker!

haha yeh poor Clarkey...im sure he'll return Jones the favour with a few sixes next ashes!!

mind you that was an absolute ripper delivery

Sureshot said:
Don't think he's ever played in Australia, great shame when he's on form Surrey tend to win. 2 Double Hundreds in OD games including one reduced overs game :D
Ally Brown has never scored a double hundred in a reduced overs game.

It's starting to get warmer in India and the fact remains that if you take in 4 pace bowlers and they don't do the job early, you'll be in trouble at the end of the day. India don't need to prepare for the England team that went to Pakistan. They need to prepare for an English team that'll have trouble with spin, not pace.

Sureshot said:
Eh?

He's scored 2 double hundreds, yes?

And one was a 40 over game, yes?

How in the world did he get 268 in a one day game. Geez that must have been some inns.

Users who are viewing this thread