Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
When Borwn got 268 I tell ya it was one hell of a game!, Surrey scored 430 odd in 50 overs and Glamorgan in reply got so close and lost by only 9 runs I think. What a game!.

stevie said:
The thing that got the Aussies I feel is they didn't know which way it was going to swing. Jones and Flintoff disguised it brilliantly; the only way to tell which way Jones was going to swing it was his wrist position, which you could only see from a side on angle, which is a pain in the arse if you're the batsman!

As good as the Indian batsmen are, I can't help thinking Jones and Flintoff will be in business if there is any reverse swing about, even if it isn't as prominent as it was in the Ashes. Ponting, Langer, Hayden, Clarke (that ball at Old Trafford from Jones), Martyn and Gilchrist are no mugs with the bat. Infact only Clarke out of those averages under 45 I believe and then the rest average over 50 except Langer (between 45-50). They were all made to look ordinary at some stage or in Clarke's case a right plonker!

Even you English would have had problems with reverse swing if our bowlers knew how to use it. Thus the question is can the Indians use it? I'm remember Pathan getting some in Aus and causing Gilly all sorts of problems.

Indiangod said:
When Borwn got 268 I tell ya it was one hell of a game!, Surrey scored 430 odd in 50 overs and Glamorgan in reply got so close and lost by only 9 runs I think. What a game!.

It shows you how small the grounds are in England and the standards of England's domestic comp.

indiancricketer said:
shouldnt this thread get closed as its so early...i opened a indopak one and it got closed BEFORE the series started...How is this fair...sorry to be off topic

It's only 18 days away now, not much point!

aussie1st said:
It shows you how small the grounds are in England and the standards of England's domestic comp.

You say that, but the Surrey attack had Bicknell, Ormond, Giddins, Saqlain Mushtaq and Adam Hollioake in it. Although they won the game, Glamorgan still scored 429 against that attack! The Oval does seem to attract these high scorers too. 2005 C&G, Surrey scored 358 in their innings yet Hampshire chased it down in 47.5 overs! Although it wasn't the strongest Surrey attack ever seen...

indiancricketer said:
shouldnt this thread get closed as its so early...i opened a indopak one and it got closed BEFORE the series started...How is this fair...sorry to be off topic

There was good discusion in this thread. Your one was all about why you opened it early. Plus yours was 2 months early and the thread starter was a global mod so what can we staff members do ;)

Are you still crying over that? Just let the discussion flow--it is not like we are wasting our words. Except for this post. ;)

aussie1st said:
There was good discusion in this thread. Your one was all about why you opened it early. Plus yours was 2 months early and the thread starter was a global mod so what can we staff members do ;)
yeah Siddharth started it.;)

getting back to topic, I already mentioned KP and you can add Vaughn to that list as well. I m not so sure on Flintoff though. He looked exhausted in Pak series and it hasn't been that long.

sohummisra said:
Vaughan? Amongst the runs? I guess, this is the best place he could shine.
oh yeah he's gonna be a handful as he is also due and what better opposition than India with their kind of bowling.

stevie said:
It's only 18 days away now, not much point!

You say that, but the Surrey attack had Bicknell, Ormond, Giddins, Saqlain Mushtaq and Adam Hollioake in it. Although they won the game, Glamorgan still scored 429 against that attack! The Oval does seem to attract these high scorers too. 2005 C&G, Surrey scored 358 in their innings yet Hampshire chased it down in 47.5 overs! Although it wasn't the strongest Surrey attack ever seen...

Agreed, the English County seems to be of a quality standard mainly because of the world-class players that come over there for match-practice when not on other domestic/international duties. This gives all the young English players brilliant experience against these good players, altough some of them will not play all season, you still get high standards. Even native players such as Hick, Knight, Ramprakash, Irani, Bicknell and heaps of others are brilliant first-class players that haven't been as succesful in test cricket.
But the point about the smaller grounds would be just about correct.

siddharth2002 said:
oh yeah he's gonna be a handful as he is also due and what better opposition than India with their kind of bowling.

Exactly right! He is gonna find it a lot more easier against the Indian bowling attack (i.e. if they dont prepare spinning tracks)!

Forget if they don't prepare spinning tracks. I think many will be happy to see a test series that (hopefully) won't balance on one match. And pitches where batsmen won't have fun for 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread