Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Nothing can be said India can also win and so as England can win too. So why don't we shut our mouth and just wait for the results. Nothing can be said now. As India will be fighting for the second spot and England will fight to retain in the 2nd spot.

Vhining Vauhgnie

gary0808 said:
Vaughnie will lead the men

Hope Vaughnie & Co. don't start Vhining about bowling actions, pitches, and bad food from the get go. I see a lot of English tongues waging as soon as Harbhajan gets a couple of wickets.

s2sschan said:
Hope Vaughnie & Co. don't start Vhining about bowling actions, pitches, and bad food from the get go. I see a lot of English tongues waging as soon as Harbhajan gets a couple of wickets.

lol true I agree with you.

Now that India has lost the test matches it just proves my point further that England seriously has a chance to win the test series, not just draw it. For the last two-three years it seems that Indians simply lack the technique and skill to play the seaming ball, not even Rahul Dravid; thats just the harsh truth!!!. (no wonder they don't want to tour NZ)

siddharth2002 said:
Now that India has lost the test matches it just proves my point further that England seriously has a chance to win the test series, not just draw it. For the last two-three years it seems that Indians simply lack the technique and skill to play the seaming ball, not even Rahul Dravid; thats just the harsh truth!!!. (no wonder they don't want to tour NZ)

Well if the selectors pick VRV Singh and Munaf Patel they'll rip thier batting into shreds. As the pitch is for seamers then they definately need to pick VRV Singh and Munaf Patel.

vibs89 said:
Well if the selectors pick VRV Singh and Munaf Patel they'll rip thier batting into shreds. As the pitch is for seamers then they definately need to pick VRV Singh and Munaf Patel.
Are you sure they are genuinely quick cause I think they are just one innings wonders or maybe blunders. Pace is useless if you can't control it. Just beacause Indian medium-pacers are getting hammered doesn't mean that any new comers are better bowlers than them. I'd still pick the same bowling line-up despite their ineffectiveness. Remember India lost the test becuase of their batting not bowling.

vibs89 said:
What happen to Darren Gough he was such a good bowler is he reitired or what.
Darren Gough has lost it mate, just like our Srinath. England would do better to not to select him for Indian tour.

Bowlers

siddharth2002 said:
Remember India lost the test becuase of their batting not bowling.

You expected India to bat 160 overs in the fourth innings on a lively track to save the Test or score 700 runs to win???
Nobody's done that and I doubt ever will. You are asking for too much from India's Batsmen.
Scoring 238 and 265 isn't that great. But letting a team recover from 39 for 6 and getting smashed for 600 runs on a decent pitch exposed the standard of India's bowling or rather the lack of it.

m_vaughan said:
You are not getting my point. When I say England have a better chance in the test series, I am comparing England's chances of winning in the two formats. This does not mean they have a better chance of winning than India.
I perfectly understand your point... and disagree with it. India are far from solid in the ODI department. There are plenty of runs to be had on Indian pitches. If either of Flintoff or Pietersen get firing, they can easily take the game away from the Indians in the span of 10-15 overs. In tests, however, Dravid will be relying heavily on his spinners--Kumble and Bhajji. Attacking fields and helpful pitches will mean that the Indians will not have as good a time as they will in the ODI version.

vibs89 said:
You can only think in extremes, can't you. Is it not possible that Munaf or VRV will just keep the English batsmen quiet enough for them to make mistakes? If you expect Munaf and VRV to pick up 10 English wickets a match in their debut series, you need to get your head out of the gutter. Their pace has been hyped simply because we lack a pace bowler. In fact, the ball may come on to the bat even more easily.

siddharth2002 said:
yeah Siddharth started it.;)

getting back to topic, I already mentioned KP and you can add Vaughn to that list as well. I m not so sure on Flintoff though. He looked exhausted in Pak series and it hasn't been that long.

Yes this is a pretty unfair statement, Flintoff bowled his heart out without much assistance in terms of the pitch, luck and lack of supporting bowlers and performed quite well really in the first few matches. It's only natural someone is going to be exhausted after the last few tournaments he had played, including the Super Series which was pointless. Harmison also showed alot of heart even when he wasn't at his best, that's what makes a quality bowler, not throwing in the towel when things aren't going right, not something unfamilar to someone like Shoaib Akhtar in the past...

Users who are viewing this thread