Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Even though Pakistan have beat India in the recently concluded test series, it doesnt confirm that Pakistan are a better test team than India! They have to beat India in India to confirm that which they havent done since a long long time

Pakistan are a better ODI team, but in test both are very close imo. However while Pakistan are yet to beat India in India, then did draw the last series, and won at home. What Pakistan have to do is win a test series outside the subcontinent. They drew 1-1 with West Indies in West Indies, which I think is pretty shameful (with due respect to the West Indies fans).

This series is going to be a very close one. England is a very good ODI side and better than the Sri Lankan. It's not going to be easy for India.

Dhoni said:
This series is going to be a very close one. England is a very

:confused: England are ok, but too inconsistent. Sometimes they bat well, sometimes they collapse. Also our bowling attack is very random, it changes all the time and a lot fo the bowlers are hit & miss.

Yup, my ODI bowling attack would be.

Flintoff
Jones
Giles/Blackwell, Giles has good economy rate in ODIs despite his "talents".
Harmison
Bit unsure on Plunketts erraticness about him, maybe opt for Ali.

I think India are going to win the ODIs due to their batting. If they score a 300+ score, which they will probably do if they bat first, then England doesn't have the firepower like Pakistan to chase it down.

GoEngland ! we have made you go 2nd in Test Ranking , :D

Actually, Pakistan put England down to third when they beat us earlier in the Winter and helped us back to second when they beat India last week!

SkateBoarder said:
Actually, Pakistan put England down to third when they beat us earlier in the Winter and helped us back to second when they beat India last week!

Even a 1-0 win would put India back to No.2!

Good that we are that situation! The upcoming series becomes a shoot out for the No.2 spot!

usy said:
GoEngland ! we have made you go 2nd in Test Ranking , :D

No Pakistani had this in mind when they beat India!

Anyways, the India-England series should be exciting! England are coming off a defeat in Pakistan! India are also coming off a test series defeat in Pakistan! So both teams would love to get back to the winning habit in the test matches!

India are favorites because they are expected to perform better on Indian sub continental tracks! At least one test should be played according to India's strength - a spinner's track! Nagpur and Mohali should be sporting and this should help India address their concerns of fast bowling and also will help their batsmen to play the moving ball more often!

Adarsh said:
I think India are going to win the ODIs due to their batting. If they score a 300+ score, which they will probably do if they bat first, then England doesn't have the firepower like Pakistan to chase it down.

Definitely! And they will have the home advantage which is always huge when a team like England comes to India! The crowds are going to be big (to see Flintoff and Pietersen and of course our very own Dhoni and Sehwag!).

SkateBoarder said:
thats it, See we can do anything , lol :p

JOKING

Lose

saisrini80 said:
I hope India prepare sporting wickets and not dustbowls! That can confront their weakness and help them in the long run if they prepare sporting wickets!

You out of your mind??? Prepare sporting wickets for the best pace attack in the world!!! Flintoff and Co. will kill Indian batsmen even if the pitch has a tinge of green.
Nagpur and Mohali are traditionally seaming wickets. After the debacle in Karachi I can see Chappell and Dravid shaving every blade of grass on the pitch and making sure the pitches don't get a drop of water. Got to make sure the pitch develops cracks as wide as the Grand Canyon by the third day.

^ And of course, the one game at Karachi should be the only match you should use to describe the batting talent of a team filled with players who have got many thousands of runs around the world.

You can't prepare grassy wickets overnight and ask the team to play and win the match. It should be a progress...unless the BCCI spends more money in domestic level...we won't see that happening.
Actually it might..once Kumble retires...India will need a genuine, top class competitor to fill his shoes. I dont' see that happening soon...so we might as well bank on our medium pace attack on a hard/green pitch...

s2sschan said:
You out of your mind??? Prepare sporting wickets for the best pace attack in the world!!! Flintoff and Co. will kill Indian batsmen even if the pitch has a tinge of green.
Nagpur and Mohali are traditionally seaming wickets. After the debacle in Karachi I can see Chappell and Dravid shaving every blade of grass on the pitch and making sure the pitches don't get a drop of water. Got to make sure the pitch develops cracks as wide as the Grand Canyon by the third day.
I see what you're saying but I think he was referring to the fact that India will never fully develop as a side who can compete in all conditions by just preparing absolute dustbowls at home, and then not knowing how to play away in varying situations. However, they cannot really take chances and I doubt Chappel will be thinking about sporting wickets. The modern Indian bastman know how to play in varying conditions, to an extent anyway.
And if there are cracks the size of grand canyons, Udal might even come into effect ;)

Users who are viewing this thread