• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
Forget if they don't prepare spinning tracks. I think many will be happy to see a test series that (hopefully) won't balance on one match. And pitches where batsmen won't have fun for 5 days.

Quite. What were the conditions like for the Sri Lanka series? Looking at the scores the balance seemed pretty even between bat and ball, if anything maybe slightly favouring the bowlers?

Vaughan has a pretty decent record against India actually.

In Tests v India
Matches Played - 6
Runs - 721
Highest Score - 197
Batting Average - 90.12
100s - 3
50s - 2
Wickets - 4
Best Bowling - 2/21
Bowling Average - 30
Catches - 4

Vaughan averages 53.00 v India in India.

Also with Pakistan beating India in the test series, England are back to second place in the ICC Ratings.

m_vaughan said:
Vaughan has a pretty decent record against India actually.

In Tests v India
Matches Played - 6
Runs - 721
Highest Score - 197
Batting Average - 90.12
100s - 3
50s - 2
Wickets - 4
Best Bowling - 2/21
Bowling Average - 30
Catches - 4

Vaughan averages 53.00 v India in India.

Also with Pakistan beating India in the test series, England are back to second place in the ICC Ratings.

Well Vaughan is certainly ready for facing India. :D :D

Attachments

• 56708919.jpg
    56708919.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
siddharth2002 said:
yeah Siddharth started it.;)

getting back to topic, I already mentioned KP and you can add Vaughn to that list as well. I m not so sure on Flintoff though. He looked exhausted in Pak series and it hasn't been that long.

2 1/2 months ago plus iirc his wife was pregnant which would affect him.

James219 said:
Agreed, the English County seems to be of a quality standard mainly because of the world-class players that come over there for match-practice when not on other domestic/international duties. This gives all the young English players brilliant experience against these good players, altough some of them will not play all season, you still get high standards. Even native players such as Hick, Knight, Ramprakash, Irani, Bicknell and heaps of others are brilliant first-class players that haven't been as succesful in test cricket.
But the point about the smaller grounds would be just about correct.

Oval is 70 metres all around.

Taunton is the smallest at 59 metres.

The WACA isn't that big either whilst on the topic of ground size. Another key point to note is that the Aussies didn't reach 400 in any innings in the last ashes series so the large scores from the county matches may have something to do with the bowling attack or the pitch itself?

Looking forward to the series, I Will support England in ODIs and India in test matches, and I don? know why. Go James Anderson, and Freddi.

Even though India have lost to Pakistan in the recently concluded test series, I support India to not lose either of the test or ODI series against England!

stevie said:
Quite. What were the conditions like for the Sri Lanka series? Looking at the scores the balance seemed pretty even between bat and ball, if anything maybe slightly favouring the bowlers?
The pitches for the Sri Lanka series were normal--it was actually a contest between bat and ball. However, Sri Lanka weren't really the best opposition, so one can't really judge if they benefitted the bowlers more.

m_vaughan said:
England have a better chance of winning the test series than the ODI series.
I disagree. I think unlimited overs for Kumble/Harbhajan will be one of the keys to the test series, where as the swashbuckling batting of Flintoff and Pietersen will be a key to the ODI series.

If you compare England's test and ODI performances in the past three years, you will understand why I believe England have a better chance in the tests.

You are not getting my point. When I say England have a better chance in the test series, I am comparing England's chances of winning in the two formats. This does not mean they have a better chance of winning than India.

Users who are viewing this thread