Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Yes, if Harbhajan and Kumble bowled on day 5 they would of won, but Dravid let Udal use it, and he took 4 cheap wickets. But the decision was probably only about 65% Dravids.

Chappell I guess. Every captain has made a mistake or a bad decision at least once in their career. Hussein made the wrong call in the GABBA test, Ponting at Edgbaston and Streak when Hayden scored 380.

Well Hussein you can forgive because it was so tempting for him to send Aus in. Ponting definitely shouldn't have sent England in with the bowling attack we had.
Dravid's surely was easy to call, 2 spinners 4th inns spinning deck pretty simple imo.

IMO it was a poor desion to bowl first,
facts are that.
It was a good deck and runs on the board is advantage, plus 2 spinners in the 4 innings like aussie said.

aussie1st said:
Dravid's surely was easy to call, 2 spinners 4th inns spinning deck pretty simple imo.

Yes. I think it was based heavily on input from Greg Chappell. Batting first is always the mantra of subcontinent pitches.

It was good to see three decent pitches for the test matches, though. How often do all the test matches in the series go into the last day with all three results possible? A little bit of generosity meated out to pitches with that statement, but this was a refreshing change from the pancakes provided in Pakistan.

On another note, another toss decision gone wrong: Ganguly sending Australia in to bat in the World Cup 2003 finals.

Kaif will certainly be unlucky not to be picked for the ODIs. He has been excellent today with his 119*.

Pietersen is hitting RP Singh everywhere at the moment.

Sehwag should be dropped - he has been awful so far. There are many players who deserve to be in India's squad like Kaif who have been performing well. Were as Sehwag has been awful with the bat - he should go.

So England have lost the Warm-Up game by 5 runs - if only Ian Bell can now put his performances from Warm-Up games to the ODI Series.

Last edited:
hondeyho said:
Sehwag should be dropped - he has been awful so far. There are many players who deserve to be in India's squad like Kaif who have been performing well. Were as Sehwag has been awful with the bat - he should go.

So England have lost the Warm-Up game by 5 runs - if only Ian Bell can now put his performances from Warm-Up games to the ODI Series.
Sehwag should be rested for atleast 1 match.Youngsters should be given well deserved chance.Good fielders like Kaif are neede in the team.
Tour matches are not that important as the visiting team plays them more like warm up games and not seriously like the ODI'S.

aditya123 said:
2.) [/color] Can you tell me, who are the players whose places a small
cricketer like Sachin is `blocking`?

3.) Agreed, Martyn and Clarke were dropped after the Ashes but now the Aussie selectors have realized that they made a big mistake by doing that and now the two are in the side again .
Also Clarke and Martyn are in no way comparable to legends like Lara and Tendulkar.

The fact is that due to the injury , he has never been able to continuously play for the whole year.
As I said , he has had a decent tim in the 8 tests he played in 2005 .
He has only played 5 matches this season. [/color]
The theory of `blooding in youngsters` looks good on paper and has been very good in ODIs of late which has prompted some people to make drastic changes in the test side.
Test cricket is very ruthless and its not easy for youngsters to turn up and perform .
The fact that Yuvraj, a player who has had 6 years Intl. experience is still finding it difficult to cement himself proves it.
Yuvraj still seems to be struggling in test cricket.

1. Accepted that he was/is/ and would be one of the greatest players.
But ,if he is going through a lean patch,he must himself take the decision to opt out and play a slective few games.

2. Him blocking the places,i accept that was a a mistake as everyone in the team is up to doing the same.I still feel that Kaif could have come in place of him.

3. I cannot say about Damien Martyn as he himself says that he had no idea about how he was selected for South African tour ( tests ).The Aussies look on current form.See they have back up for bowlers like McGrath- Clark.
Now here i'm definately not comparing the class of the two,but the output you get is pretty high.

4. One more thing,drawing young blood is not all what i want. As you have seen that the test team is tottering.Neither am i a fan of yuvraj,you see he lacks refinement.

Anyways, it's always worthless to debate upon Sachin Tendulkar as we would never like to see him go away.
:cheers

hondeyho said:
Kaif will certainly be unlucky not to be picked for the ODIs. He has been excellent today with his 119*.

Pietersen is hitting RP Singh everywhere at the moment.

Nothing to worry. Kaif is a permanent member in the ODI's. No danger for his place! Great innings from him and Raina yesterday. Raina looks good with the ball. If India can groom him to be our fifth bowler, problems can be solved before the WC

hondeyho said:

If Sehwag doesnt play, Gambhir needs an inexperienced opening partner. Certainly not Rahul Dravid for he is better off at No.3 or No.5. I feel Irfan will again be used as the opener in the ODI's. Though this time, he might even succeed as opening in ODI's is wholly different from opening in test matches!

Users who are viewing this thread