• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Manohar said:
It is a good way to put a positive spin on the situation. I doubt that England went into this game half expecting to loose to a second or third string team.

Quite a few players out of our team (rested or other) and some good players there for India.

India would want to win the ODI series, and that too solidly, after failing to hold the test series. Let's see what transpires, I actually think England have a good chance of running this one down to the last 1-2 games.

I'm with BarmyArmy on this one, why on Earth do we need 7 ODI's. I can just about deal with 3 game ODI series as by the 3rd game I'm beginning to lose interest and desperate for the next Test Series to start.

I'm firmly of the opinion that all big test series should be 5 games, especially ones in the sub-continent, giving ample time for touring sides to have adjusted to conditions and make up for any ring-rustiness in the 1st or 2nd test.

So unfortunate that ODI cricket rules the roost in Asia in terms of popularity and bulging pockets :(

Test Cricket can get a bit monotonous with 5 match series. I prefer 3 match series myself.

However I think the schedule can be improved with a few 20-20 games thrown in as well.

So unfortunate that ODI cricket rules the roost in Asia in terms of popularity and bulging pockets

While you're right in a way, unfortunately things won't change. The BCCI has to keep all the local authorities happy and for that they need to give more venues opportunities for ODI cricket.

Since there are so many venues, there are very few chances to watch cricket at a particular venue and therefore you get so much crowds in. In spite of the popularity of cricket, individual venues still get very little international cricket as the tours in India are restricted due to the weather round the year to a few months at most.

sohummisra said:
India would want to win the ODI series, and that too solidly, after failing to hold the test series. Let's see what transpires, I actually think England have a good chance of running this one down to the last 1-2 games.

I wish that doesnt happen. I want India to continue their thumping run in the ODI's. Except for South Africa, they have beaten the other two sides in thumping fashion!

harishankar said:
Test Cricket can get a bit monotonous with 5 match series. I prefer 3 match series myself.

I think there are far more people these days that agree with you as opposed to me and BarmyArmy hence the current arangements. At least your happy :cheers

I agree test cricket can geet a nit monotonous but a 5 test match series would have been very exciting to watch

cricket_lover said:
so many players have done so...i feel Jadeja was unfortunate to be found guilty by everyone. Lot of players could have been found guilty, and its bad to make someone a scapegoat..

He would have most possibly lead India today had he not been convicted.
He was the vice-captain when Azhar was the skip.
And i think that he has lead India in about 3-4 ODI's.

I rather would give Hoggard a chance then the other youngsters. He deserves a chance at the shorter version. And there isn't much difference in his Test and ODI figures: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/14236.html

He got an average of 29.26 in Test matches and 32.31 in ODI matches.

And his ODI figures aren't that bad if you compare him with Harmison: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/14054.html Has a slighty higher economy rate, but a better strike rate.

Yea, may be a 5 ODI series and a 4 match test series would be better, ODI's are meant for money-drilling. The test series was quite thrilling to watch.

India will be fielding a very young side, Dravid the only guy in the 30's, which can be quite good. I'd bet on the Raina, Dhoni and Yuvi/Kaif to help India win this series.

Users who are viewing this thread