Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Good workout for the boys, better to have a tough game than an easy 200 run win in a warm up.

Sureshot said:
Good workout for the boys, better to have a tough game than an easy 200 run win in a warm up.

It is a good way to put a positive spin on the situation. I doubt that England went into this game half expecting to loose to a second or third string team.

Manohar said:
It is a good way to put a positive spin on the situation. I doubt that England went into this game half expecting to loose to a second or third string team.
Mind you, the team that played England was very strong.

You can't judge this English team after any one game. I was expecting them to be thrashed in the test series after that first match, but they came back to square it, so I'm not making any predictions this time around.

Also resting several players.
I'm so fed up with this ODI fixation. Why do we need 7 ODI's? 5 tests and 3 ODI's would have been perfect. (I lie, 6 tests and no ODI's would have been perfect)

pal said:
You can't judge this English team after any one game. I was expecting them to be thrashed in the test series after that first match, but they came back to square it, so I'm not making any predictions this time around.

The English team is good in strategy, execution and have shown tenacity. The Indian team has weaknesses. In spite of boasting a strong batting line up they have collapsed under pressure while chasing in many instances. They have done this with Pakistan a couple of times and in the recent third test with England.

Having said all of that the third test was gifted to the England team by poor captaincy. First of all Indian team should have batted first. Secondly they should have gone with Lakshman and possibly four bowlers instead of five. I am Ok with five bowlers if they all contribute. The contribution from Chawla in the second test and Pathan in the third test towards bowling was insignificant. Should have gone with Munaf, Sreesanth/RP Singh, Kumble and Harbajan. Could have used Tendulkar and Shewag to supplement the four bowlers. While choosing to bat second Indian team also choose to bat last which contributed to the loss more than anything. If England team batted last it would have been different.

Pathan need to fix his bowling. He is too slow to trouble batsmen. Harbajan also need to work on his bowling. I feel that he is ineffective bowling the straight one being afraid of called for chucking. Other spinners such as Pawar and Murali Karthik should be given some more chances.

This is my first post on this forum. Anyway, if you look at today's game, England were without key players like strauss and flintoff. I still don't think they would of expected to lose, but i'm sure they'll perform on Tuesday, I can see Pietersen getting a big score.

PhilD123 said:
This is my first post on this forum. Anyway, if you look at today's game, England were without key players like strauss and flintoff. I still don't think they would of expected to lose, but i'm sure they'll perform on Tuesday, I can see Pietersen getting a big score.
Welcome.
Yes Peterson vs the Indian spinners will be a contest to watch.

It was a good win for the RCA XI even though England did not have Strauss, Flintoff and Hoggard.

Who all feel Jadeja would be a great cricketer if he comes back to our Indian squad? IMO, he has tons of experience in international cricket and has captained Indian team also once (that memorable LG Cup in Nairobi where he won all matches only to lose the final!). He is a great fielder, and more importantly he is extremely fit even for the age that he is in! He has at least come back for the test squad. He has opened for India in the test matches. Why cant we bring in Jadeja as a test opener?

I thought Jadeja was banned from playing cricket cause of his match fixing.

Jadeja to lead RCA XI in practice match
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/story/241546.html

Ajay Jadeja, the former Indian batsman who was banned by the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) following an inquiry into matchfixing, has been named as the captain of the Rajasthan Cricket Association President's XI.

Now I see this. His ban has been overturned.

The ban was overturned by a Delhi High Court in January 2003 and he represented Delhi in the Ranji Trophy in the next season.

Last edited:
Jadeja

saisrini80 said:
He has opened for India in the test matches. Why cant we bring in Jadeja as a test opener?

Because he is blind to the new ball, will make Sehwag look like a technical genius in comparison, and he has disgraced India and Cricket.

so many players have done so...i feel Jadeja was unfortunate to be found guilty by everyone. Lot of players could have been found guilty, and its bad to make someone a scapegoat..

Jadeja isn't a bad player, his ODI stats are quite amazing. He did not perform as a test player because of his attacking attitude...that had to be curbed for Test style. I remember many of his ODI knocks, the best being the attack against Waqar.

His test batting is something we haven't seen much...but i think you are incorrect regarding his skills with new ball. He played quite well, whenever he got a chance, up the order.

For now, he has no scope though..unless he scores big big runs (with age against him).

s2sschan said:
Because he is blind to the new ball, will make Sehwag look like a technical genius in comparison, and he has disgraced India and Cricket.

Do you know that the reports were inconclusive and that he has proved that he is not guilty? He was being made the scapegoat by some vested interests! Anyways, as cricket_lover said, he has performed whenever given the chance up the order. But he hasnt played much test matches!

Users who are viewing this thread