Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Nah, Blackwell is good enough for our spinner. As he's proved in pakistan and in the first ODI, very good with the bat too, yet too prove it mind.

andrew_nixon said:
He was our most economical bowler in the first ODI too.
I remember being thankful when his spell was over, didn't help us any though. The way the ODIs are being played right now, keeping a very low econ. rate through out one's alloted overs should deserve a Man of the Match award.

Irfan Pathan might not play due to a throat infection :eek:
Bad news!!!!!!
The wicket is a 275-300 one as described by the curator.Its basically a bald strip.So,flat wickets,short boundary..........hmmmmmm.........Dhoni and Peterson must be licking their lips!!! :p

puddleduck said:
Also in the ODI with victory in sight, the English batsman decided that they would practice their sweeps and turned a stroll to victory into a pressure situation and then collapsed. They for all intents and purposes got themselves into the mess and once there India pounced. Do not however construe that as taking anything away from India, throughout that game they showed character and heart. They could easily have collapsed to 150-160 all out, but through Bhaji reached a defendable score. Then with England crusing they could have let their heads drop and go through the motions, but instead kept thinking and when their chances came, they made the most of them.

The luck part comes from being given that chance in the first place, but at the end of the day, Cricket is more often than not about seizing chances when you get them, and India did.
Do not confuse test cricket with ODIs.
India have been outstanding in the last 20 ODIs consistently winning matches from all situations against top-class oposition while England have only won 2 out of their last 10 ODI matches.,
Their over dependence on bits and pieces cricketers is costing them.

They have to start building up a nucleus for the WC which is just 10 months away and at th moment they do not seem to have the bunch which can win a world cup.
They are depending to much on KP and Freddie.

aditya123 said:
India have been outstanding in the last 20 ODIs consistently winning matches from all situations against top-class oposition while England have only won 2 out of their last 10 ODI matches.,

They have to start building up a nucleus for the WC which is just 10 months away and at th moment they do not seem to have the bunch which can win a world cup.

You're right. England are quite a power in test cricket,because of their concept of hunting as a pack (bowlers ,especially). You don't see the same thing in ODI's, the look to Flintoff, KP and to some extent the openers.

aditya123 said:

Agreed, there are way to many bits and pieces players in the ODI team. Out of those injured I can only see Tresco and Harmi making a difference when they come back. Vaughan's batting is still no where near right. Oh, SPJ. Not really sure in ODI's.

Everyone's waiting for 2nd ODI.Weather seems to be a concern else it's a very even contest.

aditya123 said:

I am quite baffled as to what that has to do with my comment in anyway shape or form?!?

I am fully aware of Indias success in the pyjama game, as well as Englands lack of it, doesn't make what I said not true.

newzolt said:
Everyone's waiting for 2nd ODI.Weather seems to be a concern else it's a very even contest.

No concern from the weather. The clouds are expected to remain till almost when the Powerplays of the first innings finish. its expected to be a hot sunny day!

one site says even 300 can be chased. but times of india in hindi say " even 250 will be hard to chase". guess we have to wait to see what the pitch report for tomorrow will be! i wish we see entertaining batting tomorrow. game 1 was good for the bowlers. let game 2 treat us with batsmanship!

it is...

Whatever the scores will be, this should be a close one. Low scoring matches are quite thrilling, and with Pathan fit...India may replace SS with Powar or MP.

Users who are viewing this thread