• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
I didn't learn this in my 6 years of French, but doesn't that contain an unrequired accent?
I dont even know French and I got that right.
Mannnnnn i am too good! :cool: :D
PS-----Yuvi is out and it looks like India is gonna choke this time. :crying

Key moment was when Anderson dropped Raina, tough chance though, rebounded out of his hand on contact with the ground.

We MUST make changes for the next game imo.

Shah and Ali out.
Solanki and Hoggard In.

Solanki's wristiness will help in India and Hoggy is a very accurate bowler now.
Credit to India and the impressive Suresh Raina.

Gyaan_Guru said:
Mannnnnn i am too good! :cool: :D
PS-----Yuvi is out and it looks like India is gonna choke this time. :crying

India choke?

When did we choke last time? Man, I hate to be sounding over the top, but we are developing into CHAMPION CHASERS mate!

What a superb innings by Raina? Well ronny, was that a case of the english bowlers not bowling well to him rather than a special innings? :p

He was superlative. His shots were breathtaking. That six that he stuck was awesome! He made Dhoni play the second fiddle. Dhoni to me, is the ideal finisher. A team man to the core, he dutifully sees to it that India are home (or almost home!). At times he fails, but that doesnt deny that he is a sensational player for Team India! India must be really really proud to be producing such cool guys like Dhoni, Raina, Pathan who look to be giving this team that edge which can make them the world beaters in 2007!

They keep raising hopes of a sensation in 2007! I pray that they keep their feet on earth and maintain this sensational form that they have accquired! It seems as if teams around the world need something special to beat Team India in the ODI's (though we are not yet as dominating as Australia!).

We've been in with a chance on both of these now. Both games have been on bowler-friendly wickets which is a nice change for ODI's these days. Bowling short and wide at the beginning of the innings really didn't help. Some impressive batting to see India through in the end though. Had we shown that kind of application in the 1st match, we'd be looking at 1-1 in the series now. As it is, India deservedly lead 2-0 and England are going to struggle for the rest of this series. Congratulations India. You've been the better team so far.

saisrini80 said:
India choke?

When did we choke last time? Man, I hate to be sounding over the top, but we are developing into CHAMPION CHASERS mate!

Bit of a bold statement to make after being 92-5 vs our bowling attack who bar Blackwell and majority of Freddie bowl a release ball everytime.

FishBowlMan said:
We've been in with a chance on both of these now. Both games have been on bowler-friendly wickets which is a nice change for ODI's these days. Bowling short and wide at the beginning of the innings really didn't help. Some impressive batting to see India through in the end though. Had we shown that kind of application in the 1st match, we'd be looking at 1-1 in the series now. As it is, India deservedly lead 2-0 and England are going to struggle for the rest of this series. Congratulations India. You've been the better team so far.

What makes you say England will struggle rest of the series? I think they have a wonderful captain in Andrew Flintoff and they will do well and keep India on the edge (even though India now have the best chance of winning the series). But its not over yet! Complacency is the worst enemy!

Remember, India's top order chinks still continue. Sehwag didnt get that big a score to suggest he is back. But the signs were there that he might get back to his groove. Gambhir was ridiculous. I will never pardon him for playing that nonsense of a shot. He played a similar one against Pakistan in Karachi when he got the opportunity to cement his place! If he continues like this, he is not worthy of a place in this team. Srinath aptly summed it "Gambhir has been persisted with by the team management, and he has been really lucky for that". I know he has to remain since our regular openers arent available (well Saurav due to politics).

saisrini80 said:
India choke?

What a superb innings by Raina? Well ronny, was that a case of the english bowlers not bowling well to him rather than a special innings? :p

He was superlative. His shots were breathtaking. That six that he stuck was awesome! He made Dhoni play the second fiddle. Dhoni to me, is the ideal finisher. A team man to the core, he dutifully sees to it that India are home (or almost home!). At times he fails, but that doesnt deny that he is a sensational player for Team India! India must be really really proud to be producing such cool guys like Dhoni, Raina, Pathan who look to be giving this team that edge which can make them the world beaters in 2007!

They keep raising hopes of a sensation in 2007! I pray that they keep their feet on earth and maintain this sensational form that they have accquired! It seems as if teams around the world need something special to beat Team India in the ODI's (though we are not yet as dominating as Australia!).

talk it up mate geez

Sureshot said:
Bit of a bold statement to make after being 92-5 vs our bowling attack who bar Blackwell and majority of Freddie bowl a release ball everytime.

But seriously, we have been in such situations before against Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa. But we have fought our way out and that too with guys like Dhoni, Pathan, Yuvraj, etc. Remember, this pitch was tougher in the afternoon for batting because of the footmarks created by the Indian bowlers in the first innings and the impact that the ball made on such a dry loose pitch.

genghis_khan said:
talk it up mate geez

Would love it if I could understand what you were trying to say! ;)

saisrini80 said:
India choke?

OK OK!!!! Mannn......we never seem to lose batting 2nd :D
And that just equaled the Windies record of 14 consecutive chases. :happy
Still......the main worry remains the top order......Gambhir should be spanked for playing a shot like that :mad

saisrini80 said:
But seriously, we have been in such situations before against Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa. But we have fought our way out and that too with guys like Dhoni, Pathan, Yuvraj, etc. Remember, this pitch was tougher in the afternoon for batting because of the footmarks created by the Indian bowlers in the first innings and the impact that the ball made on such a dry loose pitch.

Ahh but then you had early morning swing, we had very little if any.

Umpires had a decent game, thought the Indian spinners got away with a few down past the pads though.

Sureshot said:
[Ahh but then you had early morning swing, we had very little if any.

Umpires had a decent game, thought the Indian spinners got away with a few down past the pads though.

But then, the pitch we batted on was more slower and lower and more crumpled than when you batted. It all evens out..

Ahh but then you had early morning swing, we had very little if any.

So, do you think you would have cakewalked it had you bowled first.
You did bowl first at Delhi but we all know how you fared agains the spinners in the run chase.
I bet, had England batted second, they would have struggled to get to 200 (hypothetical ) on that slow low wicket.

The good thing for India now is that we are learning to win games from a variety of situations and each time a new player is winning matches for us.
In Pakistan and against Sri Lanka it was Sachin,Yuvi,Dhoni,Pathan who did the job at various times.
In this series , so far we have seen Harbhajan,Raina and Dhoni do it for us.

Great signs for Team India which shows that we do not depend on any one player for the results.

I don`t know why th Indian media are going over the top about Indian batting`s failures than the victories.
We (Batting) have just failed in 2 matches in this series and maybe only 3 in the whole season.
Remember, in Pakistan and against Sri Lanka it was our batting which won us matches.

Sureshot said:
If India had a player called Blackwell and I called him Blackie.......
If you watched the match, you would see that Jones was calling him Blackie every ball :) I guess it has caught on :)

genghis_khan said:
talk it up mate geez
Heh, what an irresponsible comment. It must be a tough feeling when you're fighting against facts.

GyaanGury said:
Mannnnnn i am too good!
That wasn't French--it was almost French, though. Au contraire would be the correct translation, if I remember correctly.

@Game2
The Indian top order is still a concern, but it is a good chance to observe the batting depth we have. Even with 6 wickets down, we have two decent batsmen at the crease, with Harbhajan to follow (who can hang around and score a bit, too). However, if England finally manage to click, our top order woes could be our downfall. This is a long series, and I would want to win the next 1 to make it to the hill, as India.

Users who are viewing this thread