Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I was saying, similar to Sehwag, Vaughan has been much of a nothingness in ODI's of late. Has he been dropped?

gaurav_indian said:
I believe if it was Australia or England then Sehwag won't be in this team.Last 50 matches he has not done anything except for two three innings.You can't always say that this is my natural game and runs will come one day for me.It's been 50 odd matches and we are still waiting for that one match.Why not taking the hard decision and drop him so that he can understand the responsibility and meaning of the India cap he is wearing.Trust me there are lots of good batsman in the Domestic Cricket who are better than some of the players playing in this current Indian team but the problem is they don't get chance to prove themselves bcoz of the players like Sehwag( who is getting so many chances).Gambhir got too many chances.Look at the Australians how many chances does they take to prove themselves.Hussey,Clark are the best example.If Ganguly can be dropped then why not Sehwag.

hussey,clark come on mate you have to prove yourself for 3-4 seasons look at your own example clarke he is hardly the player he was when he first came out to the scene he has stagneted and not playing tests and same may happen with hussey .it is not what you attemp but what you finish with that matters

gaurav_indian said:
I believe if it was Australia or England then Sehwag won't be in this team.Last 50 matches he has not done anything except for two three innings.You can't always say that this is my natural game and runs will come one day for me.It's been 50 odd matches and we are still waiting for that one match.Why not taking the hard decision and drop him so that he can understand the responsibility and meaning of the India cap he is wearing.Trust me there are lots of good batsman in the Domestic Cricket who are better than some of the players playing in this current Indian team but the problem is they don't get chance to prove themselves bcoz of the players like Sehwag( who is getting so many chances).Gambhir got too many chances.Look at the Australians how many chances does they take to prove themselves.Hussey,Clark are the best example.If Ganguly can be dropped then why not Sehwag.

Sehwag and Hayden are in similar situations, both failing vs England, but Hayden bit the bullet and grafted a century, can't see Viru doing that.

Sureshot said:
Might give Sehwag a chance to get back into form :D

Yes, thats what the selectors are also doing.

Chappell said after the 3rd game that Sehwag and Kaif will be given as many chances but it will not be an ENDLESS one! So Chappell is not going to tolerate a more prolonged bad patch from these two. If they keep continuing this run of poor scores, Chappell is gonna bite the bullet and drop either one (or even both if both fail together for more time!).

WG. said:
I was saying, similar to Sehwag, Vaughan has been much of a nothingness in ODI's of late. Has he been dropped?
Vaughan doesn't deserve a place in ODI.But at the same time look how many one dayers he has played.Mostly he remained injured.

WG. said:
I'd be pretty pissed if Chappel was Englands coach

Well if its at the cost of the team doing well, I would accept Chappell anyday. So far he has done a wonderful job with the Indians. Yes, some of his decisions might be hated by some sections of the fans, but he has re-invigorated this ODI side so much and has brought about enormous flexibility into them. This side is riding a huge wave of confidence, and nothing seems impossible for them in ODI's now. Even in tests, we havent been doing poorly except for that single embarassing test match (Karachi and Mumbai). And even if you take those two tests, we have had moments in those tests where we held the whip.

He clearly doesn't play Cricket 'in the spirit of the game'

Remember the under arm bowl against NZ

WG. said:
He clearly doesn't play Cricket 'in the spirit of the game'

Remember the under arm bowl against NZ
What was the cause behind that,winning a match for his team not losing. :rolleyes:

WG. said:
So you think it is ok to do that then? :rolleyes:
Why not?It wasn't in the rules then.Now after doing it Chappel had not repeated that bcoz he knew it's not good to play with the rules.

It was a bitch move. End of.

*Edit - You can clearly see Rodney Marsh shaking his head saying "no mate" The players didn't agree with it.

Users who are viewing this thread