• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Oh god! India lost the toss again!

but india are known to chase well and have chased a 300+ score here before! so chances are india still can seal the series here!

They're two down! Pathan and Sreesanth claiming one each, so far. So not a bad start...

India have screwed this one for sure...pieterson and collingwood going aroubnd nicely...and india havent got over with the 2nd and 3rd powerplay....looks like 320 for england...and why the hell did india pick Sreesanth.....that guy is a waste...gets carried away with himself....and cant bowl consistently well...well i guess pitch is too good for the English batsmans liking.......

vinuatlast said:
India have screwed this one for sure...pieterson and collingwood going aroubnd nicely...and india havent got over with the 2nd and 3rd powerplay....looks like 320 for england...and why the hell did india pick Sreesanth.....that guy is a waste...gets carried away with himself....and cant bowl consistently well...well i guess pitch is too good for the English batsmans liking.......
Laul u are studying ay IIT , just noticed your location. Its ok to be frustrated at studies and Indian team altogether.:D
Just wait when India comes out to bat. I m expecting some Viru fireworks today.

vinuatlast said:

BOOM! India takes 2nd Powerplay and there goes Pietersen! Will people hail Dravid now for doing that?

cricket_lover said:
They're two down! Pathan and Sreesanth claiming one each, so far. So not a bad start...

Going by how the partnership btw Pietersen and Collingwood went, 153-4 is not bad at all for India!

India needs to get England out before 270!

Edit : Whooohooo.... HAIL DRAVID! What a turnaround! Flintoff GONE!

Flintoff and Pietersen GONE after Dravid opts for the second powerplay! Sensational! Great catch by Dravid too!

Last edited:
Solanki gone as well, i thought Pieterson and Flintoff played poor shots. Pieterson, especially was looking to attack often, and he paid the price.

Agree Cricket_Lover, they didnt seem to pay heed to the fact that they had already lost 3 wickets. Just because it was a powerplay didn't mean they had to take the aerial route every shot. If they had just looked to hit the gaps their natural power and lack of fielders on the boundary would have brought boundaries.

Standard England when it comes to Odi cricket though, get into a good position and then throw it away :p

Talk about hilarious! Could be that Englands decision to play 2 wicketkeepers gets vindicated lol I hope Jones recovers to be fair because Priors glovework is by all accounts even worse than Jones, but still I am finding it hilarious that after playing 2 keepers for no reason, they are actually going to need the 2nd one lol

England 8 down now. Looks like Sehwag is trying to compete with Powar to remain in the team atleast as a off spinning allrounder.

Anything above 240 will do for England, setting India a challenging total. Got to hand it to Geraint Jones with his batting, he's had 3 good performances with the bat in the last 3 ODIs.

250 is said to be a par score on this track. its a fighting total, i dont think its a challenging total!

Very Impressive bowling performance from the Indians! 237 all out is a very good fightback after England were 117-2 at over 5 runs per over! I hope India win here and seal this series off!

Last edited:
Geraint Jones run-out 1 short of his half-century :(

Can't help but feel sorry for him though, but England are making some bad calls today.

Indeed Hondey, although what makes today any different from their last 10-15 odis :p

On the plus side, India are now perfectly set to break the record for successful Odi chases. Since I have the utmost respect for Dravid, I'll be happy for him to be the captain when they did it.

England might find that their bowlers like Freddie and Jimmy get some bounce, but since the early morning cloud covers gone, Hoggy may find it difficult, whilst Blackwell and Batty are no Bhaji or Powar but should get some turn.

Might not be easy for India, but then again it is the sort of pitch the likes of Sehwag and Dravid normally thrive on. If they get off to a good start, England will find it very difficult.

I hope its not easy for India! Though, I hope India eventually win the match today in the end!

With the wicket providing that bit of bounce and Sehwag still in his horror form, all eyes on him and the England fast bowlers. They will try to bounce him out. if he stays, he will make England pay! this is the time he needs to get back to form, or else i would say lets move over him!

Nasseer says "Play the test match side (England) in the ODI's". Is he nuts? I mean, doesnt he know the difference between both forms of cricket? I feel thats not a great comment. I feel something is seriously wrong with the English ODI side and they need some big fillip. Its not that they are losing because they miss their seniors. Vaughan has never been a great ODI player and Trescothick was in Pakistan where they again lost the ODI's against Pakistan!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread