• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
cricket_lover said:
Yes, he has annoyed me for a while now. Srinath's commentary is terrible, to say the least. Arun Lal is not bad...

The only thing about Arun Lal is that he keep saying "That's what the doctor ordered" quiet often. May be should invent a few other phrases.

My vote for a drawn Test series and Indian win in the ODIs is looking pretty good now. =P Anyway, I wasn't able to watch the match as I don't have Sky Sports but sounds like England got thoroughly outplayed. I rather hoped that Hoggy would have been able to do more than he was able to.

aussie1st said:
Just out of interest is Prior keeping? As I see he has a stumping which obviously can only be done by the keeper. If so then Jones is a waste.
Prior is a total flop with the bat. Jones is still England's best option as a WK-batsman. I think he is over-criticised at times. Not everyone can be a Gilchrist or a Boucher.

ChannelDelibird said:
My vote for a drawn Test series and Indian win in the ODIs is looking pretty good now. =P Anyway, I wasn't able to watch the match as I don't have Sky Sports but sounds like England got thoroughly outplayed. I rather hoped that Hoggy would have been able to do more than he was able to.
Hoggard's and England's one day performances are really a cause for concern. Obviously you cant blame them much in this series because of all the injuries to key players and the lack of any sort of luck.

I am already looking forward to the summer now.

Dravid out for the next 2 matches.Sehwag to lead Indian side.VRV Singh in the squad.
Indians seem to be in an experimental mood for the remaining matches of the series.

harishankar said:
Kaif was also lucky. Close to being LBW first ball. ;)

Also, anybody else finding L.Sivaramakrishnan's commentary increasingly annoying? This fellow's artificial voice modulation and accent is bugging me... And he comes on almost every other half hour.

Wow, after quite sometime some one finds the same!

He is very similar to Sanjay Manjrekar's voice!

cricket_lover said:
Yes, he has annoyed me for a while now. Srinath's commentary is terrible, to say the least. Arun Lal is not bad...

If you compare these Indian commentators like Shiva, Srinath and Arun, Srinath is better to me! But still these indian commentators are no match for their England counterparts! I mean I surely enjoyed listening to guys like Nasser Hussain, David Gower and to our bubbly Australian Dean Jones!

newzolt said:
Dravid out for the next 2 matches.Sehwag to lead Indian side.VRV Singh in the squad.
Indians seem to be in an experimental mood for the remaining matches of the series.

Wow, thats a good decision! Just what I was saying today morning after the win. Dravid needs rest for sure and its a good time to rest even Yuvraj and give guys like Uthapa and Venugopal Rao a chance! Here is my team for the fifth ODI

V.Sehwag
R.Uthapa
V.Rao
M.Kaif
S.Raina
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
A Agarkar
R Powar
H Singh
VRV Singh

Should be the opportunity that the bench requires!

A great win for India!, this is thier 8th straight odi win, and 15th straight win chasing, Sehwag had a start but once again got out to Blackwell, he played ok, Dravid is reliable as ever, Kaif wa s abit unlucky, Yuvraj is showing is consistancy, Pathan is showing more and more he can become a good allrounder, Dhoni, Raina good fineshers.

The Indian spinners bowled superb today.

But this is a good sign for India, I want it to continue, but I also want them to have a bump right before the world cup, they always rise after a bad series, I think that can bring the best out of them, in the world cup anything can happen, we cannot make any mistakes in the next world cup in a Indian point of view,India have got lots of bowling options, Sehwag, Sachin, Yuvraj can bowl part time spinners, at a good eco rate, I think Sachin should play his aggreasive nature again, thats for the best of the Indian team, Dravid is reliable, India have got batsmen who can do well under pressure, and good fineshers, so hopefully thiers good signs ahead, but still a long journey for the world cup.

Indiangod said:
A great win for India!, this is thier 8th straight odi win, and 15th straight win chasing, Sehwag had a start but once again got out to Blackwell, he played ok, Dravid is reliable as ever, Kaif wa s abit unlucky, Yuvraj is showing is consistancy, Pathan is showing more and more he can become a good allrounder, Dhoni, Raina good fineshers.

The Indian spinners bowled superb today.

But this is a good sign for India, I want it to continue, but I also want them to have a bump right before the world cup, they always rise after a bad series, I think that can bring the best out of them, in the world cup anything can happen, we cannot make any mistakes in the next world cup in a Indian point of view,India have got lots of bowling options, Sehwag, Sachin, Yuvraj can bowl part time spinners, at a good eco rate, I think Sachin should play his aggreasive nature again, thats for the best of the Indian team, Dravid is reliable, India have got batsmen who can do well under pressure, and good fineshers, so hopefully thiers good signs ahead, but still a long journey for the world cup.
I agree but the new Indian team has found many aggressors so Sachin's role should be just to stay at wicket and play the 50 overs.He is not the type of player who gets bogged down.Just let him settle and see him bat later in his innings!

Newzolt is right, the current tactics for India seem to be make sure they have wickets in hand with 10-15 overs to go, which with their current lineup makes sense. If Yuvraj, Sachin or Dravid are still there with 10-15 to go, with a Pathan or Dhoni at the crease, the runs will come.

iceman_waugh said:
Originally Posted by harishankar
Also, anybody else finding L.Sivaramakrishnan's commentary increasingly annoying? This fellow's artificial voice modulation and accent is bugging me... And he comes on almost every other half hour.

Increasingly annoying ?
Since when did Mahendra Dhoni become a bad keeper for India ?
The old leggie is saying whatever that comes to his mind. :mad

Since there is not a whole lot to gripe about the Indian team after 4-0 win, we will gripe about the Indian commentators. It does not seem that it takes a whole lot to get us annoyed.

I think in the last game one of the good Indian fielders made a slight misfield which may or may not have cost an extra run. I remember that Arun Lal was very critical of the misfield. I doubt that the fielding standards were very high when Arun Lal played for the Indian team in a limited number of tests and ODIs in the 80s.

When Tendulkar gets back into the team, Indian batting will look quite formidable and seems like India are a strong contender for the world cup next year.

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Pathan
Dravid
Yuvraj
Raina/Kaif/Gambhir
Dhoni
Agarkar
Harbhajan
Powar (or a fast bowler)
Sreesanth/Zaheer/Munaf
RP Singh

This looks like a pretty decent team with batting depth and plenty of batting all-rounders.

I am in utter depression I thought England woul try and at least make the series interesting. I understand the injury troubles and our ODI team will make a big boost when the big boys come back.

Strauss Trescothick
Prior Prior
Pietersen Strauss
Collingwood Pietersen
Flintoff Flintoff
Shah Collingwood
Jones Jones
Blackwell Blackwell
Batty Giles
Hoggard Jones
Anderson Harmison

Don't think it will make much of a difference even if all the players are back. The only player Eng is currently missing is Trescothick - people who claim Vaughan is a big loss should look at Vaughan's stats in odi's. Giles' replacement (Blackwell) has done pretty well, if not better than Giles.

As far as fast bowling is concerned, I am not sure having Simon Jones & Harmison would be such a good idea. Keep in mind that these bowlers can go for plenty in odi's. E.g., Hoggard was England's best pace bowler in tests but was made to look ordinary in odi. Simon Jones won't be effective as you hardly get any reverse swing going in odis. Also, Harmison and Jones can be flayed at the death.

gary0808 said:
I am in utter depression I thought England woul try and at least make the series interesting. I understand the injury troubles and our ODI team will make a big boost when the big boys come back.

Strauss Trescothick
Prior Prior
Pietersen Strauss
Collingwood Pietersen
Flintoff Flintoff
Shah Collingwood
Jones Jones
Blackwell Blackwell
Batty Giles
Hoggard Jones
Anderson Harmison

saisrini80 said:
Wow, after quite sometime some one finds the same!

He is very similar to Sanjay Manjrekar's voice!

If you compare these Indian commentators like Shiva, Srinath and Arun, Srinath is better to me! But still these indian commentators are no match for their England counterparts! I mean I surely enjoyed listening to guys like Nasser Hussain, David Gower and to our bubbly Australian Dean Jones!

Wow, thats a good decision! Just what I was saying today morning after the win. Dravid needs rest for sure and its a good time to rest even Yuvraj and give guys like Uthapa and Venugopal Rao a chance! Here is my team for the fifth ODI

V.Sehwag
R.Uthapa
V.Rao
M.Kaif
S.Raina
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
A Agarkar
R Powar
H Singh
VRV Singh

Should be the opportunity that the bench requires!

The best Indian commentators..for me are Sunny and Ravi Shastri, especially the latter. Of course..Manjarekar is in the line as well :D

Yuvi should continue, India might be tempted to go in with four bowlers.

cricket_lover said:
The best Indian commentators..for me are Sunny and Ravi Shastri, especially the latter. Of course..Manjarekar is in the line as well :D

Yuvi should continue, India might be tempted to go in with four bowlers.

I agree. I too prefer Ravi Shastri. He is a really good commentator!

On Yuvi, I think he is also one of our senior players. He has had his share of injuries - hamstring, and the rumored leg swelling at Kochi where fortunately he overcame that to play! So the team management can think of resting him for a few matches!

Users who are viewing this thread