Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Thats the brillance of KP, thats why England will always be a threat in ODIs against any team when they start clicking.

Power takes wicket first ball, I wonder why only playing with one spinner. Watever happened to piyush chawla.
My bad runout

Even collingwood is playing quite aggresively, guess they realized they have nothing to lose.

Last edited:
donkey said:
More than half the players in current Indian squad have little to no experience.

In last 9 deliveries Pietersen scored 35 runs

well he loves indian boling attack ike shahd khan afridi ;)

VR Singh got hammered for 25 runs in an over. A smart, but not that difficult, move by Dravid to let Powar come as a bowling change for him.

Pietersen is by now gone for 64 runs. England can reach 250+ runs if they hold on some wickets.

England have finally put up a good score batting first.
I feel they`ll just win this one since India are due for a failure while chasing.

VRV Singh was quick and that was the only positive I saw with him.
He`ll be quit a handul on bnouncy or quick tracks.
I noticed that he bowls consistently around 140-145kph and can easily reach 148 qith a bit of work.

He`ll have to improve his economy rate though.

VRV didn't learn from his mistake. I saw the entire match, he was consistently bowling towards middle-leg for both PIeterson and Collingwood, and then far outside off for Jones.

Powar and Yuvi turned the screws in the middle overs, SS was quite impressive in the opening spell.

But for now, its advantage England, they have a decent bowling attack, and with India without Sehwag, Kaif and Dhoni, they can fancy their chances of making it 2-4.

cricket_lover said:
VRV didn't learn from his mistake. I saw the entire match, he was consistently bowling towards middle-leg for both PIeterson and Collingwood, and then far outside off for Jones.

Powar and Yuvi turned the screws in the middle overs, SS was quite impressive in the opening spell.

But for now, its advantage England, they have a decent bowling attack, and with India without Sehwag, Kaif and Dhoni, they can fancy their chances of making it 2-4.

I feel India should be happy not to have Sehwag and Kaif when chasing 289. It would be complimentary if I saw they are out of touch and Uthhapa is a hitter who is new and will be in a better frame of mind than Sehwag. We have the reliable Dravid back. So I feel India still are in it!

Disappointing from VRV! But good he took two consecutive catches! Sreesanth bowled superbly on a flat pitch. Getting 6 wickets in 10 overs on a flat pitch is something!

aditya123 said:
England have finally put up a good score batting first.
I feel they`ll just win this one since India are due for a failure while chasing.

VRV Singh was quick and that was the only positive I saw with him.
He`ll be quit a handul on bnouncy or quick tracks.
I noticed that he bowls consistently around 140-145kph and can easily reach 148 qith a bit of work.

He`ll have to improve his economy rate though.

Its harsh to judge him by just two matches. I felt he disappointed, but that doesnt mean he should be sacked. He should be given opportunities whenever the chance arises. Same with Munaf who has been better than VRV but just that! Once VRV gets into his groove in international cricket, he will be a handful even on flat subcontinental wickets.

saisrini80 said:
I feel India should be happy not to have Sehwag and Kaif when chasing 289. It would be complimentary if I saw they are out of touch and Uthhapa is a hitter who is new and will be in a better frame of mind than Sehwag. We have the reliable Dravid back. So I feel India still are in it!

Disappointing from VRV! But good he took two consecutive catches! Sreesanth bowled superbly on a flat pitch. Getting 6 wickets in 10 overs on a flat pitch is something!

Its harsh to judge him by just two matches. I felt he disappointed, but that doesnt mean he should be sacked. He should be given opportunities whenever the chance arises. Same with Munaf who has been better than VRV but just that! Once VRV gets into his groove in international cricket, he will be a handful even on flat subcontinental wickets.

SS bowled well, but in patches. He definitely didn't deserve 6 wickets, his first three were well deserved.

Uthappa and Dravid have done incredibly well today, but 2 quick wickets for England mean that they are back in it. Both of them gone, Uthappa couldn't of asked for a better debut.

OMG..who is VRV. He is bad bowler. people in all over the world were saying good things about him but i saw he's nothing. He bowls too many no balls with no line and length even aggarkar and RP is better bowlrs than him. Good win for India!

ODI is all about who plays overall better cricket on a given day and today it was undoubtedly India.Well played.

well future looks bleak for VRV..Singh.....he's in the mould of tinu yohanan and anyone remember t kumaran ...played some years back as a make shift opening bowler....well given his action its too much towards the leg..almost a slinging action ...if he need to pitch on off and around off.....then he'll have to redo his action a bit....that means becoming unnatural....and as for the sake of ...Sreesanth he's a good bowler...though he goes for runs in opening spells he makes the batsman play at almost all the balls....i bet he'll be a great success in test matches as compared to odis .....

one more thing..there is no use celebrating this win .....look how KP has played in this series.....he has almost knocked us out ..the only unfortunate thing was he didnt stay too long....may be the conditions got too him...but if he goes on to make a 100 things would be pretty hard for us...

.i feel England can be world beaters in Odis .....its understandable that they lost this series because there were few key players missing ...but if its a full fledged squad...its looks unbeatable on paper and may be its..its even better than Australia or Safrica...or even Newzealand...If india are ever to face sucha a squad in World cup semis or quarter...i bet they would beat us blue...

The best English Odi squad

1.Trescothick ...should get over with the bug..be it a virus or his gf...
2.Strauss ...nothing much i like the way he plays ...Has a shark like face though :p
3.M.Vaughn....The captain...i am not too sure that he fits the bill for odis ..but as we have seen he can inspire the English to win the Ashes test ..so he can to win the Odis as well....he could do it ..the inspirer..
4.K.Pieterson ...ultimate batsmen..a legend in the making.
5..I.Bell just needs to improve a bit....he can be moved to any position as u like ..very useful in case of a collapse to consolidate
6.P.Collingwood....great middle order batsman in the mould of dravid..but a great fielder and a useful bowler too...just needs to become a finisher ...
7.A.Flintoff..this man need no intro..he's freddy
8.G.jones....his keeping this series makes gilchrist or boucher look pale..
9.A.Giles/I.Blackwell...Well not may people like Giles ..but he's a gem when he bowls those negative lines....and a useful lower order batsman..
As for I Blackwell needs to improve his batting if he need to make any impact..
10.Simon Jones..need to be fit again a useful batsman
11.S.Harmisson......the fastest of the lot...i guess....

therefore in short

1.M.Trescothick
2.A.Strauss
3.M.Vaughn
4.K.Pieterson
5.P.Collingwood
6.A.Flintoff
7.I.Bell
8.G.Jones
9.A.Giles/I.Blackwell..
10.S.Jones
11.S.Harmisson..

All said...I love my Indian team....i wish they'll win the World Cup in WI ..But as for now they have long way to go to be world beaters...

Call me biased if u want cos im a sikh but I think Panesar deserves a place in the ODI team...

He is england's best spinner and can actually turn the ball :D, his batting isnt that bad and his fielding can only improve by exposure to a very fast paced game that is One Day Cricket.

What do you think

Manee

Users who are viewing this thread